Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Overrated Boys and Attention-Starved Girls

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

by cornershopromance 0 reviews

Kiki sees Ryan again. But they both have changed so much; Ryan doesn't remember her.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-21 - 810 words

0Unrated
Chapter One
Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn’t Need You?



“I love you,” Ryan whispered in my ear. “I love you too, and I can’t live without you,” I replied, staring into Ryan’s chocolate brown eyes. “Ryan, I-”. I was silenced by Ryan’s lips. I returned the kiss. Finally, we parted, and I laid my head on Ryan’s chest.

“Ryan?” Ryan looked down at me. “Yes, Kiki?” I took a deep breath and said, “Promise me you’ll never leave me. Promise me we’ll be together forever.” Ryan held my hand and gave it a squeeze. “Forever and ever, babe. I promise.”

My thoughts were interrupted by a tapping on my shoulder. I was back in fifth period study hall. I turned around to see a boy, about 17, smiling at me. He had an amazing smile, and the most gorgeous eyes I’d ever seen hidden behind black rimmed glasses. He looked strangely familiar, but I couldn’t think of who he was.

“Yes?” The boy smiled wider. “Hey. You’re Kiki, right?” I scratched my head. “Uh, yeah. Who are you?” He laughed quietly. “I’m Ryan. I was held back a grade… I kind of skipped a year of school… Too much being “sick”, if you know what I mean.” He laughed again. “I should be in eleventh grade, but I’m in tenth this year.” My stomach dropped. I knew who he was. Ryan. Last summer. Forever and ever.

I forced a laugh and faked a smile. He didn’t know who I was. Maybe he had forgotten. “Well, what can I do for you, Ryan?” He smiled slightly. “Well, it seems I am in need of a pencil and some paper.” I noticed there was a pencil tucked behind his ear. I decided to take a chance. I turned fully around and leaned toward him. I reached slowly toward his face. I saw his mouth open slightly and smiled to myself. As I reached for the pencil, I let my hand brush against his cheek, hoping he’d remember the touch from last summer. “What’s this, Ryan?” I asked jokingly. “Oh that?” He said, taking the pencil. He broke it in half and threw it behind him, one of the pieces hitting someone.

We burst out laughing and both got demerits for ‘disrupting class’. “Well, looks like I need a pencil now,” he said with mock seriousness. I rolled my eyes and handed him the pencil I was using. He smiled. “Thanks. Now how about that paper?” I ripped about seven or eight pieces of paper out of my binder and threw them at him. “That’s for all the times you asked me, and a few more,” I said. He laughed, and quickly put his hand over his mouth.

I turned back to my work, my heart hurting. ‘Why can’t he remember? Have I changed that much?’ I thought to myself. Study hall was almost over, and I was quietly getting my stuff together when I felt something hit my head. I looked around to see if someone looked suspicious. Then I heard Ryan laughing quietly behind me. I rolled my eyes and looked down. I saw a crumpled piece of paper. I took my pen and poked it to pick it up, and then I spread it out on my desk to read it. Despite the crumpled paper and the hole in the middle, it wasn’t that hard to figure out.

k-
wanna have lunch with me?
i have something in mind.
just the two of us.
write back
-r


My stomach lurched. What would I say? If I said yes too quickly, he might think I am desperate. If I take too long, one of the popular girls might take him just like that. I decided I would wait for a minute, acting like it was a terribly hard decision to make. Then, I wrote back.

r-
hm…
i dunno.
are you one of those creepy guys who will stalk me afterwards?
jk
i would love to.
and what is it you have in mind?
;)
haha
-k


I threw the paper behind my shoulder, then took out a mirror so I could see his reaction. I tilted it just right so I could see his eyes. He read the paper, and I saw him smile widely, as if he was thankful. Then, without warning. He looked up slightly, just so he was looking straight into the mirror, and he winked. I brought down the mirror and shoved it into my bag just as the bell rang.

Ryan and I walked to our lockers together, talking about anything and everything. It was almost as if he remembered me. But that was just a dream. A dream that would last… Forever and ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story