Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Contacts

by Clell65619 3 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 1354 words - Complete

3Original


A/N: I own none of this. Would like to, but it isn't to be.

Harry Potter and the Power He Has Not.



Chapter 8 - Contacts



Granger Residence:



"I should go to Gringotts"



Hermione looked up from her book. "Why?"



"I need some cash. Sterling I mean. If I'm going to stay here, I'm going to pull my weight. I also will need to be able to pay tutors."



"Tutors?"



"Well, yeah. I can't go back to Hogwarts, not like this. No one outside of the wizarding world is going to be impressed with my OWLs. I'm going to have to build a muggle education from scratch."



"Mum and Daddy won't take your money Harry."



"Then I find someplace else to live. I'm crippled as awizard, but I'm still a man. I pay my way. Besides, I want to get a little something for scaring Becca Booth so badly."



"Alright. Let me make myself presentable"



"You're trying for more gorgeous? Is that possible?" Oh Crap! Was that out loud?



She turned to look at him in surprise. "Mr. Potter, acompliment? Since when are you so gallant?" What the hell are you doing? Ron's your best mate!.



"Since I want you to hurry?" /Oh, Smooth Potter. Idiot/.



She huffed at him, and then side armed a sofa pillow at his head. He paid for the smooth comment. Her prep time came to 49 minutes.



"Well are you ready?"



Harry smiled "Well I guess I could go change clothes acouple dozen times..." He stood up and crossed the room to stand next to her.



Hermione took his hand. "I'll side along you. Ready?"



Harry nodded. Hermione closed her eyes and apparated. Her hand disappeared from his. She was gone, he hadn't moved. She was gone for almost 2 minutes, before reappearing before him with a panicked look in her eyes.



"Oh thank Merlin; I thought I'd lost you along the way. What Happened?"



"I don't know. You were there, and then you weren't. We were holding hands then you were gone." He pondered for a moment. "I guess that you need SOME magic to apparate, having none, I can't."



Hermione wasn't convinced. "What about inanimate objects? We move them when we apparate."



"I hadn't thought of that. Ok, I have no idea why it didn't work. Let's try again."



This time she hugged him from behind.



Stop thinking that, stop thinking that, stop thinking that!



She gave a little twist and vanished, reappearing across the room. Harry stayed where he was.



"Well, it looks like we aren't apparating anywhere. Iwonder if you can use the floo system... Well that's academic at the moment, since we aren't on the network. If you still want to go, we could use the Tube..."



"That sounds like It would take all day to do something that you could do in 20 minutes." He thought for a moment. Then pulled his Gringotts key from a pocket and handed it to her. "Would you do it for me?"



Hermione looked wide eyed at him. "You trust me to go to your vault?"



"Of course I trust you Hermione. If you see anything in the vault you like, take it, it's yours. Hell take a bucket or two and empty the silly thing out. I haven't been there since 3rd year. My understanding is that the trust puts a few thousand in the school vault every year. I haven't touched it for a while."



Hermione waited until Harry finished writing out a not to his Vault Manager, kissed him on the cheek and apparated away.



Cardiff

Booth Residence:



"Mr. Booth, thank you for seeing us." Hermione sat beside Harry on the sofa in the Booth sitting room.



"I didn't mean to hurt you Mr. Potter. I knew what I was doing, but couldn't control myself..."



"Mr. Booth, I'm here to see if I can help. You don't have to explain the Imperious Curse to me; I've been under it myself. I don't blame you." He saw the small first year Becca sitting on her mother's lap, red eyed."And I don't blame you either Becca. The only people at fault were the evil wizards who did this to all of us."



"Mr. Booth, my sources tell me that due to the Aurors heavy handed investigation you've lost your job. The only reason that you were involved with this is because someone wanted to get to me. I feel responsible for the loss of your job. I've asked my bank manager to see if he could help with this. He suggested that you give this gentleman a call." Harry handed Booth a business card. "He'll help with the job situation."



"Mr., Mrs. Booth. I know that any loss of employment, even for a short term can cause financial hardship. To help with that I'd like to offer this to Becca." He passed a silver certificate to the young girl. "That's good for next year's tuition. I don't want people getting hurt because of me."



"Harry, did you really lose your magic?" The young girl looked like she wanted to disappear.



"Yes I did Becca. No one knows if it will come back or not, but don't you worry about it. I'll be alright."



"But what about You Know Who? Who will save us?"



Hermione answered her "Becca, we'll all save each other. The good people of the world will do what they need to do to help each other. Harry is the key, but all of us will be with him."



"We can't thank you enough for this offer Mr. Potter, but we can't accept it, we'll come up with the tuition on our own."



"Mr. Booth, my father came from one of the Wizarding World's oldest lines. He left me an obscene amount of money. So much that I can never touch the annual interest, much less the principle. I use it to help people. Due to some truly insane guardianship rules I grew up with nothing, wearing hand me downs from a cousin who was three times my size. Making sure that others don't have to do without makes me happy"



"Will you at least stay for dinner Mr. Potter?"



"Only if you call us Harry and Hermione. I've never been known to turn down a home cooked meal."



Diagon Alley

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes:



"Brother, you've got problems"



Fred had just gotten back from his appointment at Gringotts, and this was how George greeted him.



"I don't do problems Forge, you know that. I GIVE problems"



"No Jokes Fred. This is as serious as I get. Hermione came to me last night after we saw Harry. She thought I was you."



"Never understood why people have that problem, after all Iam the better looking one" He grinned slyly. "Saucy little minx isn't she? Certainly knows what she wants."



George went wide eyed at that comment. "Fred she told me she was PREGNANT!" The smile faded from Fred's face. "Brother, she told me all this before I could tell her I wasn't you. She wants to do a double ceremony with Bill and Fleur."



"Oh Crap."



"Then her dad came in this morning, he's pissed. He thought I was you as well. He's threatened do to horrible things to you. Brother, you've got to make this right."



"The hell I do. I'm out of here"



"What? Fred you can't do that, I mean, this is Hermione, she's good people." He didn't understand, Fred would run out on a woman carrying his child, would he? "Fred, she's having your kid"



"Hey, I didn't force her into my bed, she came willingly. Iwatched her do the contraceptive charm. If she screwed it up, there's no reason for MY life to be ruined." He went to the door. "I'm taking some time off, see you later." And he was gone.



What the hell? Did he even know his brother, his twin? How could he possibly do that to a friend? To his own kid?



He thought for a moment. If need be, I could be Fred. Icould be a better Fred than Fred could be. Hermione won't be alone.



Sign up to rate and review this story