Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Strike Up The Band

by silencing 3 reviews

After the auditions. Kinda short, but sweet. And no alcohol!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 1100 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/n- This is the fastest I have ever written a story. There might be something wrong with me, but probably has more to do with me watching the Panic DVD for the third time today. For the record Nikol’s inspiration has invaded my brain, which is what made this chapter possible, that and the fact that she helped write it. YAY!

Reviews…reviews will be given hugs. I’m really wishing someone would review. I swear I’ll hug them! Big Thanks to Maggs! I’ll be wining and dining her reviews next week!

*

Nikol paced the halls after her last audition, impatiently waiting for Danielle to be finished. She was nervous – she hadn’t seen Danielle since her own audition and it was nerve wracking. As soon as her friend came out she pounced, and wrapped her in a hug.

“How did you do?”

Danielle decided to mess with her friend, because, frankly it had to be done.

“Well…I mean it could have gone better…and shoving my tongue down their throats in order according to age probably didn’t help but…” at the horrified look on Nikol’s face she started laughing. “It went incredibly. I don’t think I ever performed like that before. And the interview went amazing, though I don’t think they liked the baton stance too much. How about you?”

“I think I did alright. I didn’t screw up any of the moves this time, nailed them all!” Nikol exclaimed with a soft laugh. “I think they were impressed, I know they were smiling.” A faint smile accompanied that statement. Nikol launched into a quick run through of her routine – highlighting the fact that they laughed when she had done a double back handspring and had managed to move less than two inches. As well as the fact she had added some new tricks to the show. A few things with scarves and a thin rapier.
“I added something else to todays too…” she grinned as she pulled out the long red silk scarf she had bought the other night. “Thought I’d pay homage to their tour performance.”

She ran a hand through her hair, brushing some out of her eyes. “Did Jon ask you what you thought of when he said Banana Hammock?” she tried not to laugh as she thought about it.

Danielle burst out laughing, spitting out the water she had just taken a drink of. “Yes. Please tell me you asked for a high five?”

She laughed and hooked her arm around Danielle’s and together they headed back to their car. They wouldn’t hear back until later that day or the next, so Nikol thought they could do with a bit of a night of relaxing.

“I don’t know about you but I’m sore as all hell… it’s been awhile since I’ve pushed myself that hard. I forgot how tiring rhythmic gymnastics could be!”

Nodding her consent, Danielle slid into the passenger seat. Nikol took off in the direction of the Strip. After parking in one of the way too expensive parking garages, she slipped an envelope out of her purse.

“Guess what I got us!” She exclaimed, extending her hand to give Danielle the envelope, which contained a reservation for all inclusive spa for the night. Massages, facials and more, just for the pair of them.

“Oh thank God.”

*

It had been 35 hours since the auditions had ended. Neither girl was counting. At this point they had managed to distract themselves with every tourist attraction possible. They had gone to the Penn & Teller show after their spa trip, and then caught the late Chippendales performance. They had seen BodyWerks, toured the M&M factory as well as the Coca-Cola one, and been jostled around on the New York, New York rollercoaster. They had paced up and down the Strip so much that the men with the hooker cards knew to avoid them. And not yet had they heard anything.

They knew to expect a phone call. The judges had promised to call one way or another, so they would know when they could leave if they had not made it. If they had, they would be getting directions to a local studio so they could pick up the schedule, as well as a rough copy of the CD (which was a month from release and in the final stages of editing) so they wouldn’t be surprised by new music when they got to rehearsal. They would also be signing extensive contracts before going home to wrap up their affairs in one short week.

The thought of either of these options was making the girls extremely anxious, and even though their phones were on high and vibrate, they couldn’t help but look at it every five minutes.

Finally, while they were sitting at dinner at the cafe in front of the Paris Hotel and Casino, Nikol’s phone rang and started to slide across the table. Both girls nearly jumped out of their chairs, then Nikol reached out and answered the call as calmly as she could manage.

“Hello? Yes. Yes,” she started to grope for a pen and Danielle supplied one, trying to hide her excitement. “Of course. 8 o’clock. Thank you so much.”

She hung up the phone and let out a squeal. “I’m in! I made it! I can quit Denny’s!”

Danielle started laughing, and tried very hard not to stare at her phone. If they were calling in order of performance, she would be almost an hour away from her phone call. Then again if they were calling those that made it first (or second for that matter) then her call could be much sooner. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the plaguing thoughts, and Nikol sensed what she was thinking.

“Don’t even worry about it. You’ll make it. We have to do this together.”

It wasn’t until they were paying their bill a half hour later that Danielle’s phone finally rang. She took a deep breath and flung it open. Her half of the conversation sounded a bit familiar to Nikol, and when she hung up, her smile was stretching from ear to ear.

“So…”

“So…”

“I can’t believe this,” she stared at her phone for a minute before realizing something. “Oh my god, we’re going to be late to The Producers!”

They quickly paid their bill, left a hefty tip, and bolted for the theatre, giggling the whole way.
Sign up to rate and review this story