Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars

"You Looked Like You Needed Some Help, So That's What I Thought I'd Do."

by Creature_of_Night 3 reviews

Just a little blurb that ran through my head, I thought I'd post it and see what people thought of it. Tomo/OFC.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-10-23 - Updated: 2007-10-23 - 1884 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Title: "You Looked Like You Needed Some Help, So That's What I Thought I'd Do."
Author: Creature_of_Night (Snow.Fall.Red is my name on another site I post stories on)
Pairing: m/f
Rating: G
Relationship: Tomo/OFC


It's just a light, little thing.


"OK, seriously, now you're starting to bug me. Go away!" Natalie says, the guitar case in one hand swinging dangerously as she rounded on the guy following her, her blue hair flying into her face.

"If you just give me your number, I'm gone." He said with the air of someone who's a smug jackass, who is currently annoyed at having to work at something.

"For the last time, the answer is, and always will be no!"

~Other POV~

"Check it out." Shannon said, indicating someone with his head.

"Check what out?" Tomo asks.

"That girl with the blue hair getting pissed off at the dude who's hitting on her and failing miserably."

"She plays guitar." Jared observes.

"And she also looks pretty pissed off." Matt says.

"That's cuz the fucking moron over there isn't getting the hint and leaving." Tomo says.

"Yeah, well, his IQ looks like it's on par with Matt's, which is to say it ain't so high." Jared says, a huge grin on his face.

"Shut the fuck up!" Matt says as they laugh at the little jibe.

"See you guys later." Tomo says, draining his glass and walking off towards the girl with blue hair.

"Is he doing what I think he's doing?" Shannon says.

~Natalie's POV~

"Go away or I'll start screaming." Natalie says.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I almost didn't recognize you with the new hair color." A man with dark brown hair says, coming up and giving Natalie a hug and a kiss on the cheek. And it takes Natalie's brain about thirty seconds to compute that Tomo from 30 Seconds to Mars just hugged her and kissed her.

"Hi, can I help you?" Tomo says, turning to the guy bugging Natalie.

"I was just asking your girlfriend if she knew where the bathrooms were."

"No you were not. Last count you'd asked me out seven times and asked for my number nine times." Natalie interjects.

"Wow, guys who don't go out with you are slipping. Didn't that guy harrassing you last week ask you out like, upwards of ten times? And then didn't you crack him in the balls with your guitar case?" Tomo says like he's discussing the weather.

"I'm just gonna go now." The guy says, walking off quickly.

"Gaaaaaaawd, we should get oscars for that performance." Natalie says as her and Tomo watch the guy practically run off. "I'm Natalie by the way."

"I'm Tomo. It's nice to meet you. And I do indeed like your hair."

"Thanks."

"So, do you actually play the guitar?"

"Yeah, I'm just not that brilliant at it. I just started playing a couple weeks ago."

"If you want I could help you out. Give you a few pieces of advice and all that."

"Sure, that'd be great." Natalie says, meaning it.

"Well, where were you headed when that sad excuse for a guy started hitting on you?"

"I was heading for over there, under the palm trees."

"Lead the way my lady." Tomo says, doing a low sweeping bow.

"If you insist." Natalie says. She walks in front and leads the way and Tomo helps her put out the blanket so they won't get sand up their pants.

"Oooh, nice guitar." Tomo says when Natalie pulls her guitar out of the case.

"Thanks. My commencement present from my parents."

"Nice. So, what did you go to college for?" Tomo asks, sitting down cross-legged.

"I got my degree in languages."

"What and how many languages can you speak?" Tomo asks as Natalie tunes the guitar.

"I can speak two, not counting English. Spanish, because it's a helpful language to know and I can speak Croatian."

"Really now? So if I were to......" Tomo proceeds to start speaking in Croatian and Natalie just starts smiling.

"So you thought my eyes and my hair didn't quite go with each other when you first saw me up close, huh?"

"Yup. Though now that I've been looking at it for a little bit more then ten seconds, it's grown on me. It makes the flecks of green in your eyes stand out in a good way."

"Thank you, most people think the green looks weird."

"Nope, not me. I'm weird as it is."

"Uh-huh." Then Natalie proceeds to ask him a question in Croatian.

"You looked like you needed some help, so that's what I thought I'd do. So, show me what you can do on that guitar."

"Thank you. Not much would be my answer." Natalie says. She goes through the chords and some simple arrangements.

"Well, you don't suck, in case you were wondering." Is the first thing out of Tomo's mouth.

"Oh, thanks! That makes me so much more confident in my guitar playing abilities!"

"Your welcome." Tomo says, giving you this face, (^.^). "Now, place your hands your fingers on the neck in a chord 'a' arrangement."

"Alright. Now what?"

"OK, for future reference, when you're playing, watch your pinky. You have a tendency to over-extend it and you under-extend your middle finger slightly."

"Huh, I never noticed." Natalie says, fixing her fingers.

"Now play the first song again please."

Tomo stops Natalie three times during the song to fix her finger positions.

"Now, would you like to learn a real song and not just 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'?"

"We can make the attempt." Natalie says.

"And we have a brave lady on our hands!" Tomo says, punching the air with his fist. "May I see your guitar please?" He asks, switching from being silly to being so polite and uptight Natalie can't help but laugh.

"Sure." Natalie hands over her guitar and Tomo shakes his head to get his hair out of his face and just starts strumming the guitar playing 'From Yesterday' for Natalie.

"And now you're going to learn how to play that song." Tomo says, handing the guitar back to Natalie.

"Are you frigging meshuggah?"

"I didn't know you spoke Yiddish."

"My grandma's fourth husband spoke it and I picked up a couple words. But that's beside the point. I just started to play guitar and-"

"I never said you had to do it on your own. I'm gonna help you."

And for a good thirty minutes Natalie tries her hardest to learn how to play 'From Yesterday'. And Tomo stops her every so often to fix this finger or that finger and rearrange her hand entirely.

"Methinks this isn't going to happen."

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much. And you're giving up too early." Tomo says. He stands up and walks behind Natalie and sits down and very close to her.

"Now we're gonna play it again until the both of us are absolutely sick of playing this song."

"Okay." Natalie says in a near whisper.

Tomo gently places his hands over Natalie's and he guides her hands through the song, whispering each note and chord to her in a smooth voice.

"There you go, you're getting better." Tomo says after the both of them have gone through the song a couple times.

"I still can't get the rhythm right." Natalie says, twisting her head back to look at Tomo.

"And that is why I am here." Tomo says, smiling at Natalie.

"True." Natalie says.

"OK, from the beginning. One, two, three..." Natalie concentrates as hard as she can and she concentrates so hard she doesn't even notice when Tomo lets go of her hands and Natalie starts to play on her own.

"I did it!" Natalie says really excited once she finishes the song.

"BIG SNORE"

"Tomo?" Natalie twists around to find Tomo on his back sleeping.

"Hey!" Natalie exclaims loudly. Tomo twitches slightly and his eyes slowly open.

"I didn't fall asleep did I?" He asks, unable to stifle a yawn.

"Uh, yeah, ya did."

"Oops. Sorry about that." Tomo says, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Was my guitar playing that boring?" Natalie asks, setting the guitar back in the case and turning herself around to face Tomo.

"No, it wasn't really. It was just a combination of tiredness and the soothing movement of notes if that makes any sense that sent me to sleep."

"It sorta does."

"Good. And, look at it this way, you played the song all on your own and you've only been playing the guitar for a couple of weeks."

"Were you even awake for most of the song?" Natalie asks.

"Uh....... yes?"

"Cute, Tomo. Really cute."

"What can I say? I can't help it if I'm full of cuteness."

"Oh, you're full of something alright, but I'm not sure if it's cuteness." Natalie says, laughing.

"Are you saying I'm full of shit?"

"Maybe. You could be full of shit, but you could also be full of something else."

"Oh, you are so dead!" Tomo says. Natalie shrieks and takes off, laughing her head off with Tomo right behind her.

Natalie runs through a family playing soccer on the beach and she jumps over two kids building a sand castle with Tomo still right on her trail.

But, well past the most populous part of the beach, Natalie trips on a rock buried in the sand and goes flying, crash landing in the sand and sliding a few inches.

"You know, sand... it isn't so soft to crash land on." Natalie says as Tomo runs up and drops onto his knees.

"Somehow I didn't think it was." Tomo says, leaning over Natalie and brushing some sand off of Natalie's forehead.

"Yeah, it kinda rubs you the wrong way if you go against the grain." Natalie says.

"Really now." Tomo says, giving Natalie his hand and helping her sit up. "Well, now you know not to make fun of me."

"Oh shut up!" Natalie says, pushing Tomo off balance and over onto his back and pouncing on him before he can react.

"What was that for?"

"That was for making me fall over, because, really, that was all your fault." Natalie says.

"Well then..." Tomo flips Natalie over and then the two of them are wrestling in the sand.

"I win!" Tomo proclaims a few minutes later as he pins Natalie's arms above her head and practically lays himself out on top of Natalie to keep her pinned down.

"Damn. And I almost had you there."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes I did." Natalie says stubbornly.

Tomo smiles and shakes his head before closing the already small distance between their faces and he gently presses his lips to Natalie's. The kiss doesn't stay sweet and innocent for very long, and by the time Natalie and Tomo come back up for air, they're both panting a bit.

"How long have you been wanting to do that?" Natalie asks.

"Pretty much since I saw you. You have no idea how hard it was to just sit there and teach you how to play 'From Yesterday' when we were that close."

"Well, better late then never." Natalie says, grinning.

"Oh be quiet." Tomo smiles, his words completely unserious as he leans back down.
Sign up to rate and review this story