Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

Last Year's Wishes Are This Year's Apologies.

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 3 reviews

It's what you've guys been waiting for: Patrick's sincere apology!!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-10-26 - Updated: 2007-10-26 - 1152 words - Complete

1Moving
Chapter Twelve: Last Year's Wishes Are This Year's Apologies

"Last year's wishes. Are this year's apologies. Every last time I come home. I take my last chance. To burn a bridge or two. I only keep myself this sick in the head. Cause I know how the words get you."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There he was. Standing before me, was a quivering boy embraced in a heavy jacket with concern glimmering in his baby blues. Patrick hastily let himself enter through the cream-colored door as I was pushed to the side by the airwaves. I closed the door and just looked at him in utter shock. His presence fidgeted in front of me as I blinked to see if his existence in my house was real. Holy crap, it was. Suddenly, his ocean-blue eyes turned to ice as he daggered a glare into my green gaze.

"Where the fuck were you last night? I called a million times, and I didn't get an answer!" he hissed as I looked taken aback from his angry, clamorous voice that used mild profanity. I suddenly grew enraged at him, for just storming in my house and shouting at me.

"Like you care..." I commented, sarcasm lingering from my agitated tone. His eyes softened as he bit his chapped, bottom lip.

"I do care..." he mumbled under his apologetic breath.

"Well, you have a funny way of showing it!" I snapped crossing my arms and turning my back to him.

The room was minted with silence as tears began to prick behind my eyes. Suddenly, a clammy hand clapped over my tensed shoulder as I jerked around, glaring into his eyes.

"Listen, Saffy..." he started, but I soon cut him off.

"No, you listen! You've been Mr. FuckFace for these past weeks and you expect me to just allow you to barge in here and demand an alibi, while forgiving your lame excuse of an apology?!?" I screamed as I saw salty tears glint in his sorrowed eyes. He looked to his dirty converse in shame with a twiddle of thumbs.

"I know..." he whispered still conserving his abashed gaze to his shoes.

I then grew guilty. He came here to apologize; the thing I wanted him to do, and I just blew him off with furious words.

"I am sorry, though." he added, as if it would help. But, it did sort of make me feel better.

"Why? I mean, why are you 'sorry' now?" I asked as he looked from the floor, revealing his tear glazed eyes.

"I guess, last night I realized how much of an ass I am. And seeing you chug that beer; it just threw me off. If that's the kind of person you think I am, then I don't want to be that person. I want things like they were; when we were best friends." he explained as my heart warmed to his apologetic words.

Suddenly, the pricking tears hiding behind my eyes, revealed themselves and silently glided down my cheeks.

"I want that too. But, it won't happen." I said as he just gave me a confused expression. He was about to open his mouth to say something, until I interrupted.

"Because, Pete has taken my place. He's your best friend now, not me. People move on. I just have to get used to it." I answered his unspoken question as my heart began to hollow. He opened his mouth to say something again, but the only thing that came out was a sigh. He knew it was true. Too much has happened to regain our best friendship back. But, that doesn't stop us from just being friends. Even though, it hurts to a very extreme extent, I'll have to get used to not being Patrick's best friend anymore.

"Well, you have one thing wrong." he broke the silence as I gave him a questioning stare.

"Pete will never replace you." he said as I forked up a smile. Patrick was so cliche, but he still made those words lifelike.

The next few hours, we made up for the time we lost by our fighting. We watched movies, played video games, and just had a fun time.

Thoughts of the Talent Show didn't even buzz until Patrick mentioned, "Tomorrow's the Talent Show." I placed the game controller down and just pressed my back up against the couch.

"I know. Pete told me you were in his band." I replied twiddling my nervous thumbs as Patrick lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh." was his only answer as the commotion of silence began to float in the air.

"I'm sure you'll guys rock out. I mean, you're their singer.", I said as I received a weak half-smile from Patrick. I knew he felt quite guilty for dropping our thing and joining Pete's band. We sat there for a few quiet moments, as Patrick looked consumed in thought.

"I want you to come." he piped up as my eyes grew wide. No way was I going to that thing.

"No way, Jose. I'm just going to embarrass myself. People were expecting us to be there, and when they see you in another band, rumors will start flying." I dejected. If I were a terrorist, then Patrick's face was the Twin Towers, for his bright face crumbled into a frown.

"C'mon, Saffy! I want you to be there for me. Please?" he pleaded, but I wouldn't budge on the subject.

"No. What if you guys lose? Then you'll be all depressed and I'll have to buy your ice-cream after the show. Can't you guys just play a song for me in Pete's garage or something?" I asked but Patrick wouldn't drop it.

"Please? I promise I won't get depressed. I mean, Pete will be there. You guys can like, make out or something!" he suggested as my mouth just dropped from his bluntness. I forgot that he saw us together. I punched him on the arm as he called out an "Owe!" as I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"What? You guys are like a 'thing' now, right?", he asked as I just laughed. A 'thing'? You can put it that way...

"I guess you can say that." I muttered, though we never really went on a date. Unless, you count the party...

"No. End of story." I finished, as we resumed our game. But, one thing still clung to my thoughts: Why did Patrick want me there so bad? Maybe he'd be less nervous because let's be honest, he'll be so nervous that he may not even get the first few words out. Confidence really wasn't a trait Patrick had a lot of. Didn't matter anyway, I wasn't going.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This chapter is dedicated to the only people that reviewed:
The marvelous ClandestineUnited, and the amazing xxACoalminexx!
Thank you for the fantastic reviews!

There's only gonna be a few more chapters til' the ending. Awe
Sign up to rate and review this story