Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Old Man Jenkins

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

R for language...let's see who wins the bet...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-10-28 - Updated: 2007-10-28 - 1060 words

0Unrated
Old man Jenkins’s house was, in fact, scarier than it looked on the outside. I realized that the moment Gerard and I climbed in through the broken window. Not that it changed my opinion of it.

Cobwebs were growing in all the corners, the ceiling looked like it would cave in any second, and it was not exactly bright. There were some not-so-pleasant paintings on the wall of werewolves, vampires, ghouls, and all that shit that did not unnerve me at all. It was as if it was pre-decorated for Halloween to scare little innocent kids. Their eyes seemed to be following me. What a cliché. I’d seen all of this in a horror movie at least once before.

“Scared yet?” Gerard asked.

“What do you think?”

He shrugged and started walking. I followed him. The floorboards creaked with each step we took. I didn’t understand why Gerard though this house would frighten me. It was just like all the other houses, except a little older. He didn’t seem to be demoralized either. This was an absolute waste of time.

“Hey, where did Frankie go?” I asked as we began to climb up a flight of stairs.

“Uh...he was never with us, as far as I can remember.”

“No, I mean after I left your house,” I clarified.

“I don’t know. He told me to go apologize so I left. He’s probably flirting with my brother. That’s about the only reason he drops by.”

“Really? I was pretty sure he liked me...”

“Do you think the whole world revolves around you?”

“I don’t think so, I fucking know so.”

Gerard glared at me over his shoulder, “You’re a selfish, egotistic brat, that’s what you are.”

I couldn’t think of a way to insult him back. I shoved my hands into my pockets. Was that what people really thought of me? Or was it just Gerard? I minded, either way.

“Do you really think so?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t think so, I fucking know so,” he mocked.

“Oh...” I mumbled.

I didn’t know why I cared about what he thought of me all of a sudden. It was not as if I had any feelings for him. I sighed loudly. By now, we were at the top of the staircase. The floorboards were even louder up here. The musty smell was getting into my nose, causing me to cough. Suddenly, there was a yelp from Gerard and he fell flat on his face. I had to laugh.

“Stop laughing and help me up!” he ordered.

I didn’t obey and instead stared at the floor at what Gerard stumbled over. Even in the dim light, I could see what it was. It was a man, lying on the floor. There was blood gushing out of a wound in his chest. I knelt down and checked his pulse. Dead. Wow. I had not seen an actual corpse for the past three years. It kind of gave me the chills. I got up slowly. Gerard widened his eyes at me. He looked shaken.

“Th-that’s old man Jenkins...sh-should we c-call the police?” he stammered.

“No, are you kidding me?! They’ll think we did it!”

“B-but we didn’t. That means there’s someone else in here. THERE’S A MURDERER IN HERE! WE HAVE TO GET OUT! CALL THE POLICE! HELP! SOME—”

I clapped my hand over his mouth, “Shh...if there’s a murderer in here, we don’t want him to kill us too. Let’s just get out.”

He nodded and stood up. I strained my ears to listen for any unusual sounds. I heard a faint sound of a siren and dogs barking. Oh no...

“Shit! The cops!” I cursed.

I felt him tense next to me, “What do we do? We’re screwed! I don’t wanna go to jail!”

“Don’t be a pussy....we’ll just have to find a window upstairs.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the nearest room.

The door shut with a thud behind us. I didn’t have any time to question the automatic closing of the door. There wouldn’t be much time before this place would be surrounded by German Shepards, and I was out of practice. I wouldn’t be able to outrun them, especially not with Gerard in the condition he was in. I checked out the window to make sure no policemen were outside. No one was in sight.

“Come on, you go first,” I told him.

Even in his nervous state, he protested, “And let you win the bet? Yeah right!”

“We don’t have time for this!” I complained.

“Then why don’t you go first?”

“I want to make sure you get out safe,” I answered honestly.

“Ha! I’ll believe that when Iron Maiden breaks up!”

“Just go, unless you want to get arrested.”

That worked. I watched as he cautiously descended down the wall. Now, I could hear someone’s footsteps near the door. I got out of the window and started to scramble down hurriedly. I was too late in realizing that my shirt was stuck on something. I groaned. I tried to pull my shirt off of whatever was hooking it there. It was all to no avail. What the hell was I supposed to do now?

“Take off your shirt!” Gerard called from the ground.

“No way!” I shouted back.

But I knew that was my last hope. I wiggled out of my black t-shirt and continued down the wall. I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached the bottom. We were safe now. I turned to face Gerard.

“Get me home,” I commanded

“Follow me...” he started walking down a path behind old man Jenkins’s house.

I trailed behind. We walked silently for a few minutes.

Then, Gerard glanced at my almost-exposed breasts, “Isn’t your mother going to think something when you go home in your bra?”

I grinned cheekily, “Yeah. She’s gonna think we fucked.”


__________________________

Thanks to da awesome people who reviewed. I love you guys.

Tell me what you thought of this chapter. I realize it wasn't THAT great...but hopefully the fun stuff will be coming up soon.

Love Much,
Coal
Sign up to rate and review this story