Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Evil Step Monster

Some Guy

by irish_ping-pong 0 reviews

Theresa meets some guy on the plane and TRIES to tell her friends the truth.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-28 - Updated: 2007-10-29 - 1609 words

0Unrated


I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!!!! I just haven't really had any inspiration...anyway enjoy! R&R! no flames, merci beaucoup.





Theresa went back home, since she forgot something. Her teddy bear her mother gave her. She remembered when her friends found out. Theresa didn’t tell them her mother died; she just said it was from her mom. It was sort of dilapidated though. It was missing an eye, its button nose was falling off, it had stuffing leaking out of its arm, but Theresa refused to sew it. Just as Theresa was about to leave, her music box popped open, and lots of stuff seemed to shift aside, showing a broken necklace.

Theresa watched it for a moment.

“Right,” Theresa remembered. She walked over and picked up her freezing cold necklace.
Theresa slammed it shut and shoved it into her suitcase which she already had pre-packed because she knew she wouldn’t stay long. Theresa went under the covers and turned off her light. She fell asleep almost as soon as she had shut her eyes. Theresa knew her dad would believe her eventually.

She dragged it out into the hallway where she saw one of the maids.

“Lydia, could you tell my dad I said good-bye?” Theresa asked.

“Of course dear. Would you like me to tell Shawna the same?” Lydia asked, wincing at Shawna’s name.

“No, just my dad.” Lydia smiled and waved good-bye to Theresa.

When she arrived at the airport for the second time in the last three days, it surprisingly was different. Quieter. More depressing. Which, oddly enough, Theresa kind of enjoyed. Not as many happy people that she wanted to flick in the head. Their happiness was depriving Theresa of her unhappy moods. Moo.

Theresa walked up to the man at the counter where you buy your tickets.

“Hi, can I have one ticket to England please?” Theresa asked.

“Yes you may, ma’am,” he responded.

“Thank you,” Theresa said as she was handed the ticket. Theresa turned around only to be almost run over by some artistic lady who didn’t even say ‘sorry’.

“What is wrong with everybody?” Theresa whispered to herself. She walked down to section D4. On her way, not once did she see anyone smile. And the strangest thing was, Theresa was probably the most cheerful person there.


The plane ride was, as it usually was for Theresa, very boring. She had rolled up her sleeves a couple of times to observe the bruises that covered her arms. Theresa didn’t remember being punched that many times, but there wasn’t a single patch of pale skin except on her hands. Well there was one, but it was like way off in the corner. Not even on the top, but more on the side of her arm. No one could see it. All they’d see was the ugly arms of black and blue. Some might even call it ‘the ugly arms of black and blue, with a small patch of skin’.

“Excuse me miss, but is anyone sitting here?” a young man asked Theresa. Theresa quickly put her sleeves down.

“Uh, no. No one is,” Theresa answered.

“Thank you,” he said kindly. There was a silence that was eventually broken by the young man.

“My name is Tyler. What is yours?” Tyler asked.

“I’m Theresa,” Theresa answered shaking his hand.

“Theresa,” Tyler repeated with a faint English accent, “What are you going to New Olympia for?”

“Oh, I have a job there with my friends. You?”

“I’m moving there and I just came to check it out.”

“When are you moving?” Theresa asked.

“Around September 30. I’m so excited. I hope I make good friends. Mine in England weren’t all that friendly.”

“That’s too bad. Mine used to be bad, but then they ditched me and I made new friends. In England and in New Olympia,” Theresa explained. She noticed that she had not completely rolled down her sleeves and was revealing her black and blue arm.

“What happened?” Tyler asked (Theresa always like when English guys said ‘happened’; she thought it sounded funny). There was a very distinguishable tone of worry in his voice.

“Oh… er…nothing.”

“Well it certainly doesn’t look like nothing.” Theresa was determined not to tell him. Who would believe that from a stranger? (A/N: not me!) But then she looked at him and his dark brown eyes possessed her to (A/N: she’s not in love…). Theresa just started to spill out everything without even thinking. When she was done, Tyler stared at her in awe.

“Yep,” Theresa sighed.

“I’m so, so sorry,” Tyler apologized.

“Oh, don’t feel sorry for me. I bet loads of people are in worse situations. Besides, my friends are awesome, and they’ll help me. They always do, but it’s mostly for…” Theresa almost said about her ‘missions’, “for school stuff…yah.”

“I see,” Tyler answered. They talked the whole way to New Olympia and Theresa totally forgot about Shawna.



“Which one’s your suitcase?” Tyler asked.

“It’s light pink, and it’s about this tall,” Theresa explained showing the measurement on the side of her hip.

“I’m guessing it’s that one,” Tyler said pointing at the light pink suitcase on the conveyor belt.

“Yup,” Theresa said pulling her suitcase off the conveyor belt.

“And this one is mine,” he said hauling his small bag off.

“Wow, I guess you need a lot of stuff,” Tyler pointed out looking at Theresa’s suitcase.

“It’s a girl thing,” Theresa said.

“Yah. Well I got to go. Someone’s picking me up over by the food court,” Tyler said.

“Okay well I’ll see you then,” Theresa waved.

“Yah…okay…bye,” Tyler muttered. They turned and walked in opposite directions, but then Theresa stopped.

“Hey, when you finally move here, look me up.”

“Sure thing,” Tyler answered quietly.



Theresa dug in her suitcase and pulled out a toy car. She looked around to make sure no one was there. Theresa threw the car on the ground and it blew up into her red convertible.

“And Jay said that wouldn’t be useful for anything,” Theresa mumbled to herself.



“He’s gonna open the door isn’t he?” Atlanta asked as she was slowly eating popcorn while watching a horror movie.

“I don’t know. The suspense is killing me,” Archie said staring intently at the screen. It got even more intense when the person took 50 years to get to the door. He slowly turned the knob and…

“Hey guys!” Theresa said as she opened the door to the brownstone. Everyone jumped about a foot and was screaming at the top of their lungs. Atlanta had dumped the bowl of popcorn on Archie’s head being so immensely shocked at Theresa’s unexpected arrival.

“Theresa! You scared us half to death!!!!!!” Odie said holding his heart.

“Sorry,” Theresa giggled and shut the door behind her.

“Welcome home,” Jay said getting up from the hardwood floor.

“Thanks,” Theresa replied plopping onto the couch beside where Jay had been sitting.

“Wanna watch the movie?” Herry asked pushing Neil off his chair.

“Sure, which one is it?”

“*&?%$#@!)_+\= (A/N: I don’t know what movie it should be. I don’t watch horror movies. I got scared from one of the Harry Potter movies),” Neil said rubbing the back of his head. (A/N: Microsoft word actually put the stuff in quotations as a link on the internet??). “You know the one with the girl with all the problems. Mom dead, evil step mom, you know your typical story, but with more gore and horror scenes.”

“Oh, you know actually I’m feeling really tired long day,” Theresa said getting up, “I’m gonna go to bed.”

“Its 7:30,” Odie pointed out glancing down at his technical watch that he and the Techno Freaks built.

“I know, but…tired,” Theresa said going to the staircase. She remembered something she was going to tell her friends. “Hey guys, can I tell you something.”

“Sure,” Jay said putting the movie back on pause.

“Okay, I hate Shawna because-” Theresa started but something got caught in her throat. She reached into her mouth and pulled out a…rat? Theresa shivered and threw it over her shoulder let it squirm and eventually disintegrated in mid air. She looked backed her friends who were sitting in front of the big-screen in awe.

“That was even worse than the decapitation scene,” Archie muttered still staring at Theresa.

“Okay… but seriously. I hate Shawna because-” Theresa began, but once again, a lump appeared in her throat. Theresa pulled it out but this time it was a rabbit. Theresa threw it away again and it dissolved just like the rat.

“I thought magicians pulled rabbits out of a hat, not their mouth?” Herry said.

“Never mind then, I’ll write it down,” Theresa growled.

“Yah, before you cough up another mammal,” Archie laughed, causing the others to do the same. Theresa scoffed.

“Mr. Comedian.” Theresa clicked the pen, and began to write. The only thing was that no ink appeared on the paper. Theresa scribbled and scribbled, but still no ink. So, she tried a pencil. The led broke. Theresa sharpened it. It broke again. So, being utterly frustrated, Theresa swore. “Never mind, I’ll tell you tomorrow and I’ll type it. Good night.” Theresa gave an angry smile and headed upstairs. It was quite for a few seconds, but was broken by Herry.

“I wonder what a rat tastes.”
Sign up to rate and review this story