Categories > Comics > Fables > In the land of Could-Have-Been

Life is a Glorious Cycle of Song

by Mollyscribbles 0 reviews

Quiet moments from their lives. Set around the end of #27 and #30

Category: Fables - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-10 - Updated: 2006-01-10 - 314 words

0Unrated
After the battle, after the funeral, after the cleanup had begun, she needed him and he came. He always came. He held her silently in her bed, stroking her hair tenderly as she wept for all that had been lost, fallen friends and missed opportunities. Unspoken but unquestionable was her forgiveness for his omission just over a month previously. She had her reasons for taking it as hard as she did, but they didn't matter as much. Not now. She cried out all her anguish, letting out grief she'd carried for years and had forgotten she still bore. When she was finished, she smiled at him, a pure smile that rarely crossed her face. He smiled back at her, and something of an understanding was reached. She took his hand and placed it gently on the growing swell of her belly. He felt movement beneath, and a kick. Their child. She smiled, and kissed him gently.

~~~~~~*

At the hospital, they tried to keep Bigby out of the delivery room. First gently, with a reminder that smoking wasn't permitted. He knew he'd have more trouble being away from Snow than away from his cigarettes, so he amicably handed them over. Then a subtle threat to call in some orderlies, which backfired when none of them were willing to attempt to keep him out. He got his way, in the end, but they made it clear no one else was allowed in.

Snow's hand grasped Bigby's tightly as the next contraction hit, drawing strength and comfort from the contact. Bigby was hurting to know she was in such pain, but he was there, he was helping however he could. He was going to be a father. He smiled at Snow at this thought. It was incredibly poorly-timed, and when the pain passed she managed to shift enough to grab a pillow and hit him with it.
Sign up to rate and review this story