Categories > Comics > Fables > In the land of Could-Have-Been

Cozy Winter Night

by Mollyscribbles 0 reviews

Christmas in Fabletown

Category: Fables - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-01-10 - Updated: 2006-01-10 - 193 words

0Unrated
A chill wind gusts outside, carrying fresh snowflakes to cover the city. A thin frost made feathered patterns on the windows. Inside the apartment, the air is a far more comfortable temperature. Blankets piled on the bed provide a warm, snug rest.

A thud in the living room causes Bigby to wake, cautiously sitting up and preparing to confront the intruder.

The movement rouses Snow from her slumber. She evaluates the situation and sets a hand on his arm, then speaks quietly.

"Just let him be. He's a Fable himself when it comes down to it, just from the Mundy."

He blinks at her, then the tension leaves him and he gives her a small smile. She smirks back.

"Besides, the kids would never forgive you if they found out you scared Santa off."

He settles back down in the warm bed. Snow curls against him, content and relaxed. They both soon fall asleep, not to wake until morning. Gifts will be waiting under the tree and in stockings, and the thermos of espresso will be gratefully drained. For now, there is no need for anything but the comfort of each other's arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story