Categories > Anime/Manga > Wild Half > Change of phase

3

by miskatonic 1 review

Salsa's on the trail of a local killer, but why has he been shutting Taketo out of his investigation? Taketo wants answers, but he may not like what he learns. (slash!)

Category: Wild Half - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [X] - Published: 2006-01-10 - Updated: 2006-01-10 - 405 words

0Unrated
3.

Guess my life could be considered easy, Taketo thought, using his momentum to dive into the crowd in the hospital corridor. I never need to ask directions -- just head for the brawl.

In fact, he'd been in the process of asking directions at the desk when the shouting had started -- and the growling. As that growl echoed down the corridor, Taketo had remembered: This was the hospital affiliated with their university where Yoshiyasu Tanaka, another wild-half dog, was attending the medical section. Taketo had broken into a run, while a young woman in a white lab-coat was bowling over uniformed police, staff, and students alike from the other direction, shrieking, "Tanaka-kun! I'm coming! Hang in there!"

Taketo reached the doorway of the room at the same time as the woman, and both their heads collided with a thunk. Taketo sat down hard in the doorway. The woman sitting next to him promptly began to clout him over the head with her clipboard, her shout changing to "Men! I hate nasty, stupid men! And Iwase!"

"Yow, ow ow!" Taketo threw up his arms to guard. "What did I do?"

"Shut, the hell, up! All of you!" came a roar from within the room. Taketo recognized the sound of his brother Toshifumi in full fury.

With that, Tanaka's growl broke off abruptly, and the clipboard halted in mid-swing. In the silence that fell over the crowd, Taketo chanced a quick look at the young woman beside him -- and blanched. He'd only spoken with Mayuki Yamanaka, scourge of all creatures male, from a relatively safe distance in the past; now he was too close for safety. Peering around his arm, he could see his older brother shaking a flushed, panting student by the collar of his oversize white lab-coat. That wild head of hair was unmistakably Tanaka's, but the snarling lips were anything but.

"Hey, Tanaka-kun," Taketo called out. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Wha? Iwase-kun?" Tanaka said, blinking vaguely at some space over their heads. "Was that Yamanaka-san?"

Oh, great, Taketo thought. He's not wearing his contacts today.

"Yeah! This is more like it -- real exciting." At this cheerful observation from inside the room, Taketo's stomach lurched. He leaned in farther so that he could see the occupant of the hospital bed.

"Hey, how's it going?" the werewolf said, flashing Taketo a peace sign with the hand cuffed to the bed-rail. "Wolf's pretty glad he came!"

Sign up to rate and review this story