Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > To Make It Better

Hospital Humor

by peteysgirl89 3 reviews

Patrick talks to Pete.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-11-03 - 1736 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6:

“Do you think he is ever going to come to?” Patrick asks Joe and Andy as his nerves are on edge and driving him crazy.

“Patrick you just have to give it time. It usually takes a while before someone finally comes to. I had surgery once and didn’t wake up after it for a full thirty or forty minutes afterward. Plus it’s probably been forever since he’s had any sleep so just let him rest and wake up on his own. It shouldn’t be very much longer,” Andy says trying to comfort Patrick as much as possible.

“I’m going down to the cafeteria to get something to drink. Do you guys want anything?” Joe asks walking to the door.

“Um I’m going to come with you,” Andy says getting up off the window sill, “You coming Tric?”

“No I’m just going to stay here in case he wakes up.”

“Well do you want anything?”

“Um just some water or juice or something. It doesn’t matter.”

“Alright we’ll be back in a couple of minutes,” Andy says as Joe and him leave.

“I wish you would just wake up already,” Patrick says looking at out the window.

“Why? So I can listen to you complain about how worried you are?” Pete says opening his eyes to look at Patrick.

“What? When did you- How long have you been awake?” he asks looking at Pete his heart racing in his chest.

“Not long just a couple of minutes. I was kind of eaves dropping on what you guys were saying but you really didn’t say anything I can use against you later,” Pete says smiling.

“Well I’m glad you can still have humor after all of this,” Patrick says smiling at the fact that Pete was still Pete.

“Yeah well life just wouldn’t be no fun without the humor I install into it,” he says repositioning himself on the bed to where he was sitting instead of lying down.

“How you feeling?” Patrick asks now concerned, the humorous moment lost.

“I’m feeling okay. My mouth is a little dry though,” Pete says as Patrick gets up walking to the bathroom.

“Here,” Patrick says emerging from the bathroom a few seconds later with a cup of water.

“Thanks,” he says accepting the cup taking a long drink, “Look Patrick I’m sorry for everything. I know that I’ve shut you out for a long time when you’ve been nothing but open with me about everything. I can’t even begin to describe how sorry I feel for not letting you in but it’s just really hard for me and I-,”

“Pete it’s okay. I’ve realized that I should’ve let you come to me when you were ready to talk about it. I was wrong for getting upset with you when I know what it feels like to go through something and when someone asks you what’s wrong to not want to talk about it. I know what it feels like I really do and I was wrong for getting upset. I just worry about you so much and I know that you’ll come to me when you’re ready to but I just don’t want to ever see anything happen to you. It would kill me if anything ever happened to you. You’re my best friend. I’m always going to be here for you Pete and if you need to hold something inside and not talk about till you’re ready then go ahead. I’m going to try to be more understanding even though I’m still going to worry. Pete you also need to know that no matter what you’re going through in the end everything will be okay and that me, Joe, and Andy will always be here for you.”

“Thank you. That really means a lot to me. Speaking of Joe and Andy where are they?” Pete asks looking around.

“I thought you said you were eaves dropping on our conversation?” Patrick says smiling when a look of confusion crosses Pete’s features.

“Right. They’re in the cafeteria. See? I knew that I just forgot.”

“Maybe you should have surgery on your brain to try and fix your memory because you seem to forget an awful lot.”

“Oh you just better be quiet before I put you in here with me,” Pete says laughing as Joe and Andy come into the room.

“When the hell did you wake up?” Joe asks handing Patrick his drink.

“Not very long ago,” Pete says taking another drink of his water.

“How are you feeling?” Andy asks pulling up a chair placing it next to Pete’s bed sitting down.

“I’m feeling really good actually.”

“That’s good. So will you ever be able to use your hand again?” Andy asks as him, Joe, and Patrick all hold their breaths.

“Uh yeah I should be able to. The doctor said before the procedure that if the surgery went well, which it did, and that my hand responds well to treatment then I should be able to use as if I never broke it in the first place,” he says as he band mates sigh in relief, “Why? Were you afraid?”

“Of course we were afraid. It would really suck if you couldn’t play anymore,” Joe says sitting on the window sill.

“Look you guys I’m sorry okay. I know it was really selfish of me to do what I did. I wasn’t even thinking when I did it. I just did. I wasn’t thinking of you guys or the band or anything,” Pete says hoping for acceptance of his apology.

“Pete we all know that you’re going through a lot and we here for you. We’ve all done things without thinking of others first trust me on that. I’m just glad that you’re okay. I would rather never play in this band again than to see you hurt,” Andy says putting his hand on Pete’s shoulder squeezing it gently.

“Thank you,” Pete says as a chill runs up his spine, “Can someone hand me my bag I’m really cold.”

“What bag?” Patrick asks confused.

“My book bag. It has my hoodie in it.”

“Pete you’re bag’s not here. We didn’t even know you had a bag with you.”

“Oh my god. Is Holly still here?”

“No she left right after we got here. Why?”

“I left my bag in her car. I put on the floor board when I got into her car.”

“Well Pete we really can’t help you in that department. We know nothing about her except that she brought you to the hospital,” Andy says sipping his coffee.

“I never even got to say thank you or anything. Why the hell did you let het leave?”

“Pete we don’t know her and neither do you. We didn’t think it was that big of a deal if she stuck around,” Patrick says.

“Yeah but that bag had everything in it. My clothes, cologne, wallet, everything and plus I really wanted to talk to her again.”

“Well Pete she seemed very sweet and caring so maybe when she finds you’re bag she be smart enough to get curious and look in it and find your wallet and call you to let you know she has it.”

“She didn’t give you her last name or anything?”

“No she just said that she-,” Joe begins but is cut off by Patrick.

“Wait she did say her last name on the phone. I just have to remember what she said it was. I remember thinking that it was very typical when she said it. It was....Brown. Her last name is Brown I promise you,” Patrick says as Pete faces lights up.

“Okay well I’m going to get up and get dressed so I need someone’s help and then I’m going to sign myself out and go find her,” Pete says throwing the blankets off of him.

“I’ll help you. Joe or Andy can you guys go find the doctor to make sure it’s okay that Pete leaves,” Patrick says as he grabs Pete’s clothes off of the chair beside him.

“Yeah sure no problem,” Joe says as he leaves the room.

“I just need you to help me pull my boxers and pants up on the right side. I can get the left side,” Pete says as he steps into his boxers grabbing the left side as Patrick grabs the right side and they pull in unison, “Okay now my pants,” Pete says stepping into his pants as they pull in unison again, “Okay now my shirt I really don’t know how to get this on actually.”

“Just lift your arms up and I’ll pull it down over your head,” Patrick says grabbing Pete’s shirt as Pete lifts his arms up and he slides the shirt over Pete’s chest.

“Thanks,” Pete says as Patrick hands him his sidekick and he slips it into his jean pocket as Joe comes back into the room,” Well?” Pete asks anxiously.

“The doctor said to wait a couple more minutes because he has your schedule for you to come in for your hand and he has a prescription for the pain.”

“Alright,” Pete says sitting down on the edge of his bed.

A few minutes pass and Pete feels like he was about to explode as they door handle turns and the doctor enters the room.

“Alright Mr. Wentz. I have a prescription for you because you’re probably going to be in some pain especially after treatment starts and here’s your schedule for that also. Okay well all you have left to do is just sign yourself out or actually have someone sign you out since how you kind of can’t. Hope you never have to come back in here for that,” the doctor says smiling then exits the room.

“Was that supposed to be a joke?” Pete asks Patrick.

“Oh it was probably just hospital humor or something like that,” Patrick says as they leave Pete’s room.

So here's Chapter 6. Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story