Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lie Once You Break My Heart, Lie Twice I Break You In Half

Sending You A Postcard From A Funeral

by FreakOfNature 2 reviews

THE Finale

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-11-04 - 405 words - Complete

0Unrated
After Pete finished eating his cereal, he got up and went back into his room. Andy, Patrick, and Joe followed him.

"You know we have to go, man. It's the right thing to do." Joe said.

Pete shook his head. "I just....I can't. Because when I do get there, and I see....." He took a deep breath.

Patrick came over and gave his friend a hug. "I know man. It's gonna be hard for all of us, but she was our friend and we have to go."

"You don't understand Patrick...Because when I get there....It'll mean she's actually gone. She'll be gone forever. I can't handle that..."

"At some point, you'll have to face the truth. Today might as well be it, Pete." Andy replied, patting his friends back.

Pete took a moment to think. It would only be the right thing to do...

"I'll be out in ten." he replied, escorting his friends out of the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door creeked open minutes later. Now he looked like everyone else. It felt like the wrong occasion to wear a suit, but what did it matter? All he wanted to do was get it over with, and "move on" with his life. At least, that's what everyone else said he needed to do. Moving on for him would mean thinking about her every single day for the rest of his life. Everyday, having to wake up to an empty space on the bed. Everyday blaming himself for her mistakes.

"You ready?" Joe asked, knowing that nobody was really ready for the moment to come.

Pete nodded and followed everyone down the stairs and outside into the car.

The ride was complete silence. What was there really to say? She was gone and there was nothing they could do about it. It hurt worse than anything else imaginable. No one had felt pain like they did now.

The four friends took their time exiting the car. It was almost too much to take in such little time.

Pete walked forward and stood above the coffin. He felt a tear make its way down his cheek. He didn't bother to wipe it away, because he knew far too well there would be more to come.

They all waited for the funeral to begin.....

The end. Hope you liked. Thanks to all the people that took time to read this. Onto writting another sixteen candles fic...
Sign up to rate and review this story