Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Chapter 5

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Read and Find out...it's really cute!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-11-04 - 999 words

0Unrated
‘Brooke wake up, we’re going to go have breakfast.’ Her dad said early the next morning, ‘We need to talk about something.’

‘Dad it’s 8:30.’ Brooke mumbled.

‘Get up; we’re leaving in thirty minutes honey.’ He said walking out of the room leaving Brooke to get dressed.

‘Is there a reason that you got me up this early to eat breakfast with you like this? We haven’t gone out for breakfast like this since I was like six.’

‘Well we needed a change, besides; we need to talk about something.’

‘What’s that?’

‘What happened last night?’ he asked after they had been seated and placed orders.

‘What do you mean?’

‘What happened with that boy that took you out?’ Brooke gave him a blank stare before he began again, ‘Brooke Lynn, you are engaged and getting married in two months.’

‘I know daddy.’ She said looking down as guilt washed over her while she thought about Mark.

‘Well what are you planning on doing? What are you thinking right now?’

‘William took me ice skating last night, I haven’t been ice skating in such a long time, I can’t even remember that last time I went ice skating like that.’

‘Doesn’t Mark take you on dates?’

‘The last date I went on with mark was eight months ago when he asked me to marry him, and I have to be honest dad, I had more fun with William last night then I have with Mark…ever.’

‘Well then honey I think you need to talk to Mark, if you aren’t happy then you can’t marry him.’

‘I know.’

‘Well then talk to him; decide what you want to do. Do you want to take a chance on William or do you want to spend the rest of your life with Mark?’

‘I don’t know. I don’t know what I want or how to tell what I want. I just don’t know.’

‘Well babe, you need to figure it out.’

‘How do you tell someone that you don’t want to be with them anymore because you’ve met someone else? How do you tell someone that you don’t want to marry them? How am I supposed to do this?’ Brooke asked looking down at the ring on her finger.

‘You just have to take a leap of faith and talk to him.’ He smiled taking her hand and spinning the ring around her finger.

‘I’m going to talk to him tonight.’ She said, ‘Hopefully all goes well.’



‘Hey snuffles.’ Mark said later that night as Brooke walked into his apartment.

‘Hi Mark.’ She said looking down at the floor while he tried to kiss her.

‘What’s the matter?’

‘Mark I think that we need to talk about something.’ Brooke said looking up at him, trying to read his expression, but she got nothing.

‘Alright, should I be worried?’

‘Maybe.’ Brooke said taking his hand and walking into his room away from his eaves dropping room mates.

‘What’s the matter Brooke?’

‘Mark, I don’t think we can get married.’ She began sliding the diamond off her finger, ‘It’s not right. It’s not the right time in my life for this. I want to be honest with you, I don’t want to lie to you, but I just can’t marry you. We aren’t in love.’

‘What do you mean we aren’t in love? Of course we are.’

‘No Mark we aren’t. I’m your trophy girl that you parade around your friends. We aren’t in love.’

‘I’m in love. We love each other Brooke, we have fun together, we go out, we have sex.’

‘No Mark we don’t have sex, we’ve had sex once and that was two years ago. Normal couples have sex. We don’t go out, we don’t have fun together. We aren’t in love. Everyone deserves love.’

‘So then who is he?’

‘What are you talking about?’ Brooke asked getting defensive about William.

‘Who is the guy you met that you are screwing behind my back.’

‘Mark, I’m not screwing anyone behind your back.’ Brooke said before the back of Mark’s hand came in connection with her right cheek knocking her to the floor.
He bent down and pulled her hair up forcing her to look at him, ‘Listen to me you little whore, I am not about to break off this engagement because you found some pretty boy to fuck around with.’

‘I haven’t found anyone Mark; I just don’t want to marry you. I don’t love you.’ Mark pounded her head against the frame of his bed before bringing her back up to look at him.

‘Our wedding date is in two months and you will walk down that isle and you and I will get married, and you won’t talk about any more of this love bullshit anymore. And further more, this conversation never happened and I never touched you. If you tell anyone, I’ll show them exactly why your parents didn’t want your pathetic ass in the first place. Got it?’

Brooke nodded as tears cascaded down her face as he pulled her up and shoved her towards the door. Brooke quickly walked out of the room, passing his room mates and not even looking up as she slammed the door running to her car and getting in and locking the door. Brooke quickly put the keys into the ignition to her car and backed out of the drive way only to pull into a deserted parking lot ten minutes later as the tears got so bad they were fogging her vision. Brooke began to cry as she laid her head on the steering wheel just before her phone rang. The name that popped up on the caller id was none other than William Beckett
Sign up to rate and review this story