Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Chapter 6

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Slow motion-Brings a whole new meaning to dirty.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-11-11 - Updated: 2007-11-12 - 1019 words

0Unrated
‘Hey.’ William smiled as he opened the door to his small loft apartment giving Brooke a sympathetic look while looking at the bruise forming on her face, as he pulled her into a hug, ‘What’s the matter?’

‘William, I have to tell you something.’ Brooke starting taking his hands in hers and looking up at him; William looked back at the guys laughing at the TV and looked back at her.

‘Okay let’s go talk in my room.’ He said taking her hand and leading her behind the couch towards his bedroom, ‘Okay what’s wrong?’

Brooke sat down on the bed and looked at his beautiful face, ‘I’m sorry.’ She began.

‘Brooke, what are you sorry for?’

‘I haven’t been completely honest with you; I haven’t lied but more like omitted the truth.’

‘Brooke, you’ve kinda lost me.’

‘William, I’m engaged.’ She said looking at him as more tears rushed down her face.

‘Well that wasn’t what I was expecting to hear.’ He said turning away from her and putting his head in his hands.

‘No wait, let me explain.’ She began touching his arm.

‘what are you going to explain Brooke, that you lead me on or that you were planning on breaking my heart when you got married, or then there is the fact that you were cheating on your fiancé with me.’

‘Please let me explain.’

‘I’m not really sure if I want to hear it.’

‘I went to break off the engagement with him tonight because when you took me out last night I felt like a real person, not some Barbie doll with strings attached. I felt like you wanted to be around me instead of just having me around for show. I felt like you liked me because I was Brooke not because other people thought I was pretty or because my dad was a therapist or because your parents liked me. Last night I felt like I had my first boyfriend all over again. I’ve spent the entire day trying to decide what to do because after going out with you last night; the thought of getting married to Mark makes me want to jump out a window to get out of it. I wanted to break off the engagement so that we could have a chance. I don’t want to be with him William, I want you.’ She said looking up at him.

‘Why didn’t you tell me this in the first place?’

‘Because you would have reacted just the way you did react. You were what I needed William.’

‘What happened tonight to make you so upset?’ he asked.

‘I went to tell Mark that the engagement was off. He accused me of having sex with some guy behind his back and he back handed me. Then when I told him I didn’t love him he slammed my head into the bed frame.’ She whispered looking down at her hands.

‘Come here.’ He said opening his arms for her, ‘I’m sorry that you have to put up with such an asshole but you know that I will never lay a hand on you, I’ll never intentionally hurt you, and as far as I’m concerned you can be the most important person in my life, except Bruce that is.’

‘I don’t know what I’m going to do. Our wedding date is in two months and he won’t let me break off the engagement.’

‘Look at me, we’ll work something out. You don’t need to worry at all about this.’

‘If I kissed you right now would it complicate things any?’

‘I think we passed complicated a long time ago but that’s no reason for you not to be able to kiss me.’ He smiled before being pushed back on the bed by Brooke.



‘So this Mark guy, he really is a big asshole or does he just have anger issues?’ William asked as Brooke laid her head on his chest later that night as they laid on top of the blankets watching the ceiling fan spin around in circles. Brooke had her hand on William’s stomach under his shirt as he had both arms wrapped around her.

‘He didn’t used to be a jerk. He used to be pretty sweet, for about the first six months after we started dating he was amazing then he kind of changed.’

‘Why did you agree to marry him?’ William asked.

‘He looked so sure of himself and his life, so I went along with it. Now I see that it was a huge mistake.’

‘Well obviously you aren’t happy; If you went out with every random guy that asked you out you and Mark would have been broken up a while ago, why me?’

‘Because you made me feel something that I’ve never felt before.’ She smiled looking up at him.

‘What’s that?’

‘That feeling like I’m safe and I can do anything and say anything and everything will be okay. I don’t feel like I have to walk on eggshells with you. That makes me happy.’ She smiled.

‘Then that makes me happy, knowing that you’re happy with me.’ Brooke smiled as she snuggled into William’s chest with his arms wrapped around her.

‘Mark and I have never cuddled like this. Infact, I don’t think I’ve ever cuddled with anyone.’ Brooke said softly.

‘You’ve never cuddled?’

‘No, never, Mark doesn’t like it.’

‘That’s so sad babe.’

‘It kinda sucks.’

‘You know what sucks? The fact that we can’t be together normally that’s what sucks.’ William said as Brooke felt tears well up in her eyes.

‘I don’t know what I’m going to do.’ Brooke sobbed.

‘Honey don’t cry, we’re going to fix this, you don’t have to worry about a thing.’ William promised kissing the top of her head as he began to hatch a plan in his head.
Sign up to rate and review this story