Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Swear to Shake it Up

by silencing 3 reviews

With countless rehearsals piling up, the performers find out they're in for quite a surprise.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-11-05 - Updated: 2007-11-05 - 1680 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n- So first I'd like to apologise for the delay in chapters. Between my trip to England, baton nationals and the seventh Harry Potter book, I haven't had much time to write. Plus, I've been working on establishing costumes and stuff for other chapters, cause this preparation stuff is hard for me to write since I haven't had a chance to see them live yet. For the record, this story is written in a universe where their album comes out in September and their tour starts in late October. Currently it's set during early June, which gives them plenty of time to prepare the tour and get to know each other. I am going to try and hurry through the rehearsals without them, and try to get them on the road as soon as possible. We'll see how it goes, because normally the story has a habit of writing itself, using my words for its purposes…So yes, this chapter is for anyone that ships h/hr. MMM Pumpkin Pie.

*

Three hours later, they were finally released for a lunch break. Quickly packing up their things, the girls hurried outside into the heat, having no choice but to walk across the street to the Subway they had seen on their way over. Even though they hadn't been working the whole time, every time they had been asked to do anything, they had worked twice as hard to make sure everyone knew they meant business. Not too much had been accomplished in that short amount of time, but they were pretty sure the other performers were starting to respect them, which was a start.

Their conversation was limited on the way over, the heat tended to make them more quiet than usual, but one they had food and had settled in an out of the way table, they started to discuss the morning's practise quietly. So far, the only thing that had been decided for sure was that the opening number would have everyone on stage at one point, and they would be working on how to pull that off later that afternoon. Otherwise there wouldn't be more than six performers on the stage at a time, and that the five winners had a big surprise in for them, that would be revealed at the first practise with the band. They sat discussing the other performers, the stage design and the endless hours of rehearsal in front of them.

When the conversation finally got around to the big surprise, they talked a bit louder than before, without noticing it.

“So what do you think it could be?” Danielle asked, trying to think of something that could warrant secrecy from the band.

Swallowing the bite of turkey sandwich she had just bit off, Nikol responded, “Who has any clue with these guys. It could be anything from costuming to having a chicken on stage with us. I'm not too content with waiting for the answer, but I guess we have no choice.”

“I guess, but it won't stop me from coming up with a different idea every day. Just watch me.”

They continued on with their endless prattled until Nikol noticed the time and they hurried back across the street to face more endless hours of practise.

*

It seemed like months later, but really it was just only two weeks, when the group returned from their lunch break to find the grinning faces of Brendon, Jon, Ryan and Spencer talking amongst themselves in the middle of the room.

The last two weeks had been strenuous for the group. They were pushing themselves harder than they could ever remember, trying to stand out and make it known while they were there. Then after working to their breaking point, the five so-called `winners' would carpool back to their luxurious hotel, and collapse for an hour, then reconvene to bond. At this point they had learned so much about each other due to the honesty that is the result of (a) too many drinks on an empty stomach and (b) weariness.

So it was no surprise that on this day, they came in together laughing about some story Nikol had shared about the bizarre regulars she had had to endure at Denny's, but when they caught sight of who had joined them that day, they quickly quieted down and hurried to get their things and join the other performers at the centre of the floor.

Moments later, things quieted down and they boys spoke up.

“Well…” Brendon started off, unsure of what to say to begin, “I can't believe we're here, ready for another show, another tour. It's great to see those of you that we've toured with before, and I hope you're making our new faces comfortable. Or something like it anyway.”

Spencer rolled his eyes, “What he really means to say is that if you girls are good enough friends he really wouldn't mind a public pillow fight.”

“Who would?” Chris quipped.

Laughs were scattered among the group, before Ryan got down to business.

“What we're really here for is to let you know what we've been planning for this tour these last couple weeks. As you know this album is really special to all of us, and we have gone to new lengths to show how special we think it is by inviting some of our fans to tour with us. So we've been trying to find a way to make this just as special for you guys.” he said with a nod towards the group of five. All heads swerved to look at them for a moment before looking back at the band, “And what we've come up with is that for each of the songs you auditioned to, you'll be performing to them solo. This is rather convenient considering you all auditioned to different songs, and I know that some of our veteran performers might be upset about this,” he said with a glance towards the other performers who were starting to look a little disgruntled.

“But,” Jon started in, “You have to realise that what we've brought them on to do isn't what we brought you guys here for. We hired your troupe before we ever thought of this, because we wanted what you could bring. Your style, your energy and your talent. You were the inspiration for us to bring fans on stage with us, and see just how good we could make the show.”

“So,” Brendon continued in a completely different fashion, “We're setting up an extra practise for each of you. One hour, one day a week. You'll be practising with us and a choreographer so we can make it as completely as interactive as we can. And yea, I think that's pretty much it. Talk to Suzie about when your practise will be after everything wraps up today.”

Hearing her name, Suzie, their choreographer stood up and walked forward.

“Well this makes it a little easier; there are five songs that I don't have to worry about for right now.” She turned to face everyone, “So the boys are staying for the day so we can start staging the dances around them so if I could have everyone that's not in the performance of Time to Dance please sit over there and stretch out, the rest of you, on the stage.”

The five friends exchanged a look that said both `What the hell' and `We'll talk later' before separating to their respective sides of the ballroom, and practise went on as normal.

*

Six hours, five room service dinners and a couple drinks later, the group finally got around to discussing what had been revealed at practise earlier that day.

“So I heard right, right? He said solos? As in just one of us out on the stage with them, during the song we auditioned to?” Danielle started.

“That's what I got out of it.” Brian agreed.

They sat in silence for a moment, before bursting with excitement.

“Are you kidding me?!”

“I can't believe it!”

“A fucking solo.”

“All those people…”Nikol trailed off.

“Oh come off it honey.” Danielle said back, “They're not there to see us. Most of the time the teenies just stare at the boys, and the older girls and gay boys stare at their crotches. They've barely noticed the dancers up to this point, what'll make them notice us now?”

“I don't know.” Tracy spoke up, “They've done a good job including the dancers as part of their spectacle, what's to stop them from singling us out.”

“That is a possibility. Introduce us as fans and then continue on, that's a good way to get the teenies to look. `What do they have that I don't?' That's a great way to pull attention to us.”

“Oh stop being so pessimistic Chris. This is an amazing opportunity. Talk about your fifteen minutes of fame. For a brief moment we get to share the spotlight with one of the hottest bands in music right now. Can we just enjoy that for what it is?” Danielle reasoned.

The others just took a sip of their respective drinks, and the conversation continued with less personal topics, each with different thoughts of what the announcement that afternoon meant to them.

*

A/n- sorry if I made the boys seem too professional or out of character there, but I more wanted to get it done than to try to word it perfectly. If you want, pretend their tour manager had spoon fed what they should say. Once again, I apologise for how long this took to get done. But now I'm settled into my apartment, and have a lonely boring week ahead of me, so I should be able to pound out at least one more chapter before band takes over my life, then I'm aiming for a chapter once every one or two weeks. If anyone wants me to set up a way to inform you of updates, just let me know by REVIEWING! WHEEEEEEEEE. Living by myself is getting to me….sorry.
Sign up to rate and review this story