Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Causing A Commotion

by silencing 3 reviews

As rehearsals are finishing up the girls are getting crazy, and the boys are noticing

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-11-19 - Updated: 2007-11-19 - 2300 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n- Well Hi there. So I feel terrible about how long this has taken. “Nikol” wrote up a good portion of this cause I was stuck in writer’s block, plus had a bunch of school and fraternity stuff to do. Plus marching band is kicking my ass, so it took forever for me to edit out what she wrote and finish it up. The flow of the chapter’s a little rough so please forgive me for that.

Reviews will have their names announced at Sun Devil Stadium as the feature twirler with a solo, since the one that has it now doesn’t deserve it

*

They had all thought that the prospect of solo practises would give them time off to rest and relax, but this was definitely not the case. On this particular day the chosen activity for their ‘free hour’ wasn’t so bad. Instead of drilling countless other numbers, the group, save for Tracy who was rehearsing ‘Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks’, they were being fit for their solo costumes in another room of the building, probably a former conference room, set as a sewing room.

The room was lined with sketches and pictures of potential costumes, and under the word ‘soloists’ sat five sketches and yards of fabric, some of which had already been fashioned into parts of the different costumes. This was very obviously not their first trip to the room considering one of the seamstresses, an older woman named Michele, greeted them with a smile and beckoned them to her.

The next five minutes were a flurry of changing rooms, fabric and pins, until the four emerged in their various costumes.

Nikol’s was a sexy one piece number, which imitated the style of a bathing suit. It was completely open in the back, fabric only beginning to cover from the small of her back down, and a thin strap was taut across the back, pinned in place and holding it up, since it was completely strapless. The bottom portion was a dark black colour, but the top was a mix of silver sequins all piled on top of each other. It was completely form-fitting, and looked stunning on Nikol, who kept trying to convince them to attach nude straps to make her feel more comfortable.

Danielle on the other hand, was decked out in a faux corset, complete with black panelling in the front, and the rest of the bodice was a dark red. It was a halter top, which Dani had argued with, but eventually settled on, since they were trying to make it as inconspicuous as possible, so it didn’t get in the way. The top fit over a skirt, which was tiered, a long flap reached almost down to her knees, but the front only came halfway down her thighs, and was gathered on both sides. The whole look would be topped with a rhinestoned top hat, which she would lose at some point, and fishnet hose with a dark red garter. She felt like she had just stepped out of the “But It’s Better If You Do” video every time she put it on.

The next forty minutes were filled with pinning, undressing and furious sewing. The boys complained a lot when the pins happened to catch on their skin, but between spending years tacking costumes on herself, and the numerous fittings for baton costumes her mother had put her through, both Nikol and Danielle were used to the feeling. When their time was up, the boys had their undershirts finished (save for decoration) and their jackets had been started. Dani’s corset finally had its false ribbing in, and her skirt had been started. All Nik’s needed was hemming and its finishing touches. They redressed in rehearsal clothing quickly and headed back to the ballroom.

*

A month later, routines were being finalized and full rehearsals with the band were scheduled for when they could make it. Their sophomore album was set to release in one week and the amount of interviews being demanded from them commonly kept them away from the rehearsals.

Costumes were finished, and each rehearsal was more commonly done in full dress. Final touches were being put on the hair and makeup designs, and the sets were finally being painted.

It was lunch time - the other performers had wandered off to eat leaving Nik and Dani sprawled on the floor, chatting up a storm. The pair had eaten beforehand and found themselves less than hungry. For Nik, this was because o the amount of flips and turns she did in her routine, that had come back to haunt her once before. Due to this, the two girls had come into the habit of eating on opposite side of practise.
Dani wandered off to get them some fresh bottled water and returned to find Nikol sitting at the piano, fingers dancing over the keys in a familiar fashion. Nik looked up and gave Dani one wide grin before calling out to her.

"Dani.... remember driving across Phoenix singing this?" and before her friend could answer, Nik's fingers hit the keys. The piano notes for Camisado whispered out before Nik grinned at her friend. "Sing with me now!" She put on her best grin and watched as Dani jumped up on the smaller stage, grabbed one of the unplugged mics and began to sing. As usual, the girls took the parts of their favoured members, Dani sang Brendon's parts, and Nik sang Ryan’s, even though she kept on with the piano.

They were so caught up in their antics, and fun, that they didn't notice the boys creeping in on the wings. Nik laughed after one of the parts and let her fingers fall off the ivory keys but her voice kept up the tune. As the song went on Nikol suddenly leapt up onto the piano, and Dani stretched out on the bench, a nod to the old performers. As Dani sang out the last few words, Nik took two steps to the farthest end of the piano. "It was no accident, it was a therapeutic chain of events!" echoed the girls as Nik put her hands on the end of the piano and vaulted off of it into a front twisting flip to land on her toes, nearly colliding with Dani, who'd risen to meet her friend in the middle of the floor. The pair embraced, and nearly fell over in peels of laughter, which were cut short by four sets of hands clapping from the shadows.

Nikol being the shyer of the two spun and hid behind Dani, who was searching the stage for the source of the sounds. Both girls turned twelve shades of red as Brendon and Ryan, led a laughing Spencer and Jon, out of the wings. This caused Nikol to freak out, and clamp her hands over her mouth and try to disappear behind her friend. Dani, always the brave one, grinned at them.

"Enjoy the show boys?" she asked, laughing. It was at that point Nik back-pedalled one step too far, tripping over one of Dani's batons and went sprawling, drawing all eyes back on her.

She looked wounded as she glanced up at them, "Oops?"

Ryan moved first, hiding his grin with the side of his hand as he reached down with the other to pull Nik up. Dani turned to find Brendon right behind her and jumped slightly from surprise. The two moments of intimacy faded as Dani moved to pick up her batons, and Nik, staring at her hand in Ryan's mumbled something about having to go grab some ice for her wounded toes. Excusing herself and her friend, Nik grabbed Dani's hand and fled the room, to lean against the wall outside.
"Oh my.. God... did they seriously just see that?" exclaimed a still red faced Nikol.

*

While the girls gathered their wits, the boys looked between one another. Brendon was the first to break their silence.

"Well... at least we know they have personality!" he grinned at Ryan, who was watching the door. A nudge from Spencer brought him back to them.

"They sound good too.. I think we picked a couple of good ladies... I wonder if they forgot the camera was still on?" spoke Ryan, once again grinning widely. They'd been taping rehearsals so they could go over bits and pieces and tweak something if it was off.

Jon strode over to the camera and pulled out the tape, before laughing. "It was on..." the tape was pocketed by Brendon, with a glint in his eye.

****

Later that night after finishing up with rehearsals, the girls were sitting around their hotel room, debating on what to eat for dinner. Things had gone pretty smoothly for the rest of the day, until Dani had gotten to her solo practise with the boys and had gone through the awkward motions of her dance with Brendon. Otherwise the day had been spent with the band picking apart the routines from the sidelines, making finals decisions since the tour was about two weeks from starting.

Nikol pulled some chicken out of the freezer and turned to Danielle, “Can you believe that they saw us today? I swear I could have died from the embarrassment!”

Danielle laughed, having almost forgotten about the whole thing, “It could have been worse you know. They could have filmed it,” she sat down at the counter and poured herself a glass of wine while watching Nik bustle around the kitchen. She was a poor cook, and not allowed in the kitchen while Nikol was cooking, due to the mishap that would come to be known as the Pasta Incident of ’04.

As Nikol threw the chicken in the microwave to thaw it, the phone rang. She glanced at Danielle who grumpily abandoned her glass and walked off to answer it. Nik could only hear bits of the conversation, since Danielle was talking quietly and had her back turned, so she quickly lost interest until she heard Dani gasp and say, “Of course. We’ll be there in a few minutes!”

“What the hell was that about?” Nik asked as her friend returned to the kitchen.

“Well, the boys would like us to meet them for dinner tonight.”

Nikol’s mouth dropped open, “Are you kidding me?!”

Danielle laughed, “Um no, but if you want to check you can call ‘em back. Or you could go get changed right now, and we’ll got eat some never ending pasta bowls at Olive Garden.”

Nikol looked at her and then raced her to their room, where they spent the next ten minutes changing and applying the small amounts of makeup appropriate for a dinner like this.

*

The band had obviously beaten them to the restaurant, having made the call while they were on their way. It had been an impulsive invite, and they had called all of their soloists, but the only ones without plans had been the two girls. Their talk in the waiting area of the restaurant was actually about the girls, and the performance they had put on earlier that day.

“That was quite a show. I mean, I knew we were bringing on some talented people that were fans, but I didn’t ever think that we would have someone with that much personality on our tour,” Brendon said, “Danielle just seems really outgoing and confident, which is going to be great for our show. Plus…she’s pretty nice to look at, I must admit.”

His friends laughed at him, knowing how he was always one to crush on a girl with no problem.

Spencer chimed in with his opinion, “I’m just impressed with the way Nikol managed that piano. She could give you a run for your money Bren.”

“Yea, she’s a pretty cool girl. A bit on the quiet side, but I respect that,” Ryan added.

Jon laughed, “I’m sure your girlfriend would love to hear you saying that about some other girl. Keltie can get mad jealous.”

It was at that moment that the girls had walked into the restaurant, and they stood up to greet them with hugs that were somewhere between friendly and awkward.

Conversation was light for awhile once they reached the table. It wasn’t until the food had actually arrived that the ice was broken.

The waitress set down a bowl of pasta in front of Danielle, who looked down at it, looked back up then down again, then stared at Nikol before declaring, “THIS IS SO MUCH PASTA!”

Nikol started laughing, remember the comedy sketch they had seen years ago, and once their laughter had subsided, the boys just stared at them for a moment before starting to talk again.

Brendon turned to Danielle, “So I’m guessing that when you said you were just a ‘little bit’ of a fan, you were under exaggerating, huh?”

Dani blushed, and took a sip of her drink before answering, “I guess you could say that. But I promise, we have left our fangirl days behind us and are here strictly as performers. I promise.”

Ryan laughed, “I guess that can be forgiven then. Besides, now we know that if Brendon’s voice gives out on us we have someone perfectly capable of taking over.”

Brendon reached across the table to whack his friend.

Spencer dodged out of the way, then turned to the girls, “Well let me tell you, that was one hell of a way to come back from lunch.”

This girls blushed in unison, while the band laughed, and they all eventually turned the conversation away from their embarrassing display and onto what would lay ahead for them.
Sign up to rate and review this story