Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > The Synthoid Conspiracy

Chapter VIII

by Soundwave 0 reviews

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Destro,Duke,Scarlett - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1434 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter VII:


En route to Fort Wadsworth, acting on intelligence given by Scarlett, the base had a squadron of B-52s stationed, the job was simple hijack the fuel trucks and head back to their old headquarters and fill up the Skystrikers. Inside the support truck, the Knight Sabers prepped for possible combat, Grey Fox hoped to avoid any confrontations with regular military, the thought of firing on their own military did not sit well with her. But no turning back. She thought to herself as she loaded a magazine of 5.56mm rubber bullets in to her MP5. She ordered her Knight Sabers and the other Joes that non-lethal force to be used only. Fox armed herself with smoke and stun grenades, tasers and rubber bullets.

Cypher loaded a magazine of 5.7mm rubber bullets into her FN Herstal P-90. She’d used the P-90 before and found it easier to handle than the standard issue M-4 carbine or the M-16A2. She hoped she didn’t to fight the very Army she serves. But ‘Franks’ has already listed the Knight Sabers as renegades and potential terrorists to be arrested or shot on site.

Wolf readied herself; Fox made the order of non-lethal force very explicit to the 2nd in command of the Knight Sabers, no wholesale destruction. She loaded her shotgun with rubber bullets, it may not kill but its gonna hurt like hell. Tossing away her spent cigarette, she pulled on her helmet, then slung her M-4 over her shoulder and reached for her shield.

Dagger loaded up with bladed weapons including her long sword, a pair of Sais, in the compartments in her fore arms contained her shurikens; kudama, bo, and shu*. She was trained fighter, that she could disable or killed her opponents with just melee weapons. She didn’t want to fight against fellow soldiers, but right now they were her enemies since ‘Franks’ has considered the GI Joe team and the Knight Sabers the enemy. Straitening her headband, she brushed her hair from her eyes, then place her helmet, she was ready for combat.

Combat ready, the three followed Grey Fox up a ladder to a hatch in the roof of the support truck.

Approaching the front gate, Cover Girl stepped on the gas.

“KNIGHT SABERS! It’s showtime!”

The Knight Sabers fired their jumpjets as the support truck rammed the front gate. “Secure the fuel depot!” Fox ordered as she tossed a smoke grenade at the oncoming-armed airmen.

“What the hell is going on?!” Demanded the base commander. He was roused from his bed as the raid commenced.

“We’re under attack from GI Joe and four armored women.” An NCO reported, he held his hand against his injured shoulder from a rubber bullet.

“Four armored woman?”

Inside the fuel depot the Knight Sabers, Rock ‘n’ Roll and Roadblock laid down suppressing fire, smoke and stun grenades, while Clutch and other Joes hotwired the fuel trucks.

Quick Kick watched from his cell as the Joe APC, the Knight Sabers’ support truck and the fuel trucks moved out. “Hey guy! Don’t forget ol’ Quick Kick!” He yelled. Why did they abandon him? How could they? He could only wonder why, Quick Kick slumped in his bed.

Scanning the mangrove swamp, Copperhead kept an open channel with two HS-06M Zaku Marines. They were searching for not only Duke who stole a Zaku but there had been reports of another unwanted visitor on the base. Two Vipers scanned with searchlights. “We need more light!”

“Y’all need more brains! Keep lookin’!” He demanded, patrols were giving possible reports of infiltrators.

“Gimme one reason why I should trust you?” Matilda asked as she drew her M-9.

“Because my dear, as you Americans so quaintly put it, ‘I’m you’re best shot.’”

Matilda Ajan looked at him with suspicion, but he had a point, now her career all but finished, all she could do was sit tight and wait for Scarlett and the others to arrive.

“Odd no guards.” Scarlett remarked, staring out the windshield of the Knight Saber’s support truck as the column approached Headquarters.

“Well, it would be rude not to knock.” Cover Girl quipped from the driver’s seat. The Knight Sabers’ support truck plowed through the main gate. Breaking off from the main column of the fuel tankers, which head for the hanger, while the APC and the support truck headed for C&C.

“Get those birds ready to fly!” Wild Bill ordered as he climbed out of the fuel truck’s cab.

Grabbing a fuel hose, Ace unwound the hose from its spindle to cover the distance between his Skystriker and the fuel truck. The sound of jet fuel filling the dry tank was a pleasing sound to his ears. Due to the press for time and Matilda’s efforts only ammo for the 20mms could be loaded.

Inside the main building, the Knight Sabers conducted a room-by-room search leading to Command and Control. Reaching C&C the Joes were some what surprised that most of their equipment was stripped. Cypher figured it was only matter of time before her encryption code was cracked. “Everything’s gone!” Breaker exclaimed

“Shit! Probably took the whole fuckin’ bar too!” Wolf chuckled as she lifted her helmet’s visor.

“Fortunately for you,” A voice called out, “I’m here.” Destro revealed himself with Matilda Ajan with her M-9 still pointing at him.

“Destro! Surround him!” Scarlett ordered

The Joes surrounded the Scotsman with weapons drawn; even the Knight Sabers had their beam rifles and sabers ready.

He looked on with amusement as his enemies and temporary allies surrounded him. “There is no need for further unnecessary violence. I come with information and very limited support.”

“Unnecessary, but it would be a lot fun!” Wolf said without humor.

“Information?” Fox asked without lowering her beam rifle. Her interest was pique but she did trust Destro for her to lower her weapon.

“Cobra has replaced your three flag officers and Colonel Sharp with artificial replicas called Synthoids which serve Cobra Commander and Berg Katse.”

“What a load crap!”

“Let him talk,” Scarlett said, with a raised hand to quiet the Joes.

“I would hear him out, since it would shed light on the situation.”

“Boss, are you sure you want trust this son of a bitch?!” Wolf asked over a private channel on her comm link.

“We have no other choice, Priss, now shush!”

Destro explained the purpose was to turn the military against the GI Joe team, finally bringing the destruction of GI Joe and the overthrow of the US government.

“Of course, a ‘grief soldier,’” Grey Fox surmised

“I beg your pardon?” Destro responded

“In the 2nd World War, German soldiers, who either had extensive exposure to American culture or have lived in America before going back to fight for the Fatherland, would be deployed and disguised themselves as American soldiers with missions such as spying, sabotage, intell and recon, killing important American officers and break the morale of American soldiers by stirring discontent and rumors.” Grey Fox explained. “These Synthoids you told us, are a modern day ‘grief soldier.’”

A slight smile curled Destro’s mouth. “An interesting analysis, Grey Fox. You certainly live up to your reputation for your intelligence.”

“Spare me the flattery.”

“Their purpose was to turn your own military against you and your country…”

Cypher looked at the data she stole from Franks’ loaded on her suit’s hard drive. “That’s why the significance of the State of the Union, the Synthoids of Franks, Ledger and Howe are planning a coup.”

“Exactly, Cypher, a coup d’état.”

“Don’t listen to him! He’s our enemy!” ‘Duke’ exclaimed pointing an accusing finger at the Scotsman.

“Duke’s right, Destro. Why should we help or trust you?” Scarlett questioned

“Mutual gain.” Destro simply said

“The fuck?” Wolf flatly asked; that was the only reason Destro would help them?

“Mutual gain. Cobra Commander and Berg Katse would dare insult me by making a Synthoid replica of me; I made them destroy it with a device called the neutralizer. Such presumption cannot go unpunished.” Destro explained. The success of the Joes’ mission was of little importance to him, only that of Cobra Commander and Berg Katse’s lesson that Destro’s wrath is not to be provoked.

“GI Joe! Knight Sabers! We have you surrounded! You have three minutes to surrender, or we begin firing!” ‘Franks’ announced over a bullhorn.

“Aw fuck!” Wolf groaned throwing up her hands. “We can’t get a break!”
Sign up to rate and review this story