Categories > Original > Fantasy > Ryumake-Tetsu

Formless Like Water

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Sho takes the treaty and runs, this is only the beginning of his urgent mission.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1149 words

0Unrated
"Rise young shinobi, you have done well!" General Makada said politely, touching his hand to Sho's shoulder.

Sho slowly lifted his head, his eyes still averted. It was dishonorable to look a superior in the eyes if one was not worthy.

"You can look me in the eye shinobi, for I have a message of dire importance."

Sho did as he was commanded, and looked into the general's eyes.

"Now listen closely, for some time now, Generals on both sides of this war, have been orchestrating peace talks and negotiations. We mean to end this pointless war, and soon.
We are ravaging the land that we are fighting to protect and obtain. Innocents are dying because of the clashes of our forces. We are willing to agree on a armistice of arms and forces, for we have discovered that a very large stretch of land that is to the West of the Kyushingen River has been abandoned and unoccupied for years now. We are willing to give that land to the Mok, as well as other surrounding providences."

Sho didnt' say a word, only listened. It was not his place to speak, or voice is thoughts and opinions on the matter. He would only do so if commanded.

The General continued, "I have a document that needs to be delivered immediately to the Jun-Sai-Mok Emporer, Hikage Painstorm. He is an honorable man, and will not hesitate to respond to our offer. But until that document is delivered, and all options are layed out on the table, the war will commence."

The General reached over to his small knee height council table, taking a thin scroll of paper that was wrapped with purple silk, the royal seal on the binding.

"Take this document now ninja! Take it far and fast, run true, be formless like water, and darker than shadows! Be wary of who you call friend and foe, and do your best to steer clear of the battlegrounds, before, during, and after combat. These daemons are masters of traps, trickery, and deception. Only a few with honor pockmark their ranks. Go now, while the path is still clear!"

Sho bowed one last time, taking the scroll graciously from his Lord's hands and quickly secured it in his pouch from his sash.

"I shall now fail you or my Emporer my Lord! I shall commit myself fully to your mission and command. I take my leave of you."

Sho gave one last final bow before turning to leave the command tent.

"There! He's in there! Attack!"

The sound of numerous soldiers were head from outside, causing alarm to the General and Sho.
"I will stay and defend you my Lord!"

The General waved him off with a hand, unsheathing his katana, "It is not your place anymore to be my shield and armor! Today I shall die, my honor will sustain me for I shall not fear nor falter in the face of death. You have your orders shinobi, make haste!"

Sho wanted to stay, he wanted to fight and kill for his Lord, to save the life of the man he was assigned to save. But orders were orders, and from a Lord, it was the word of the Emporer, and the Emporer's word is that of God.

He pursed his lips under the black mask covering his mouth, but he nodded and leapt out of the slit he had made as an entrance.
He landed outside of the tent, alarmed by the amount of swarming soldiers that had infiltrated the area.

"How did they get this far?!" he wondered as he unsheathed his sword.

"There! That's the General's ninja! A thousand gold to the one who slays him!" shouted a Captain, urging his men forward.

While some were still reluctant to go toe-to-toe with a shinobi, others were greedy and bloodthirsty, itching for a fight. They advanced on Sho, blades glistening with blood and sunlight.

Sho narrowed his eyes, as he always did to assess and clarify the situation at hand.
With lightning speed, he lashed out at the closest enemy, rolling at the last second to lop off the soldiers leg from the knee down.
He fell heavily, screaming and writhing as his blood cascaded from his amputation.
The others backed away, but still more wanted that gold and revenge for their fallen comrade.

Sho rolled to the left, kneeling on the balls of his feet, then springing forward like a tiger. He cut open a foes chest, followed by a tight arced slash to anothers jugular. He leapt over another charging soldier, grabbing the spearman's spear just below the spearhead, snapping it off, and driving the steel point between the shoulder blades.

He quickly spun on his heel, facing the remaining soldiers. Two more rushed him, swords raised. He did a black flip, distancing himself from them, before he stabbed his sword into the ground and released four kunai(throwing daggers) from his hands, which had been secured and easily retrieved from his sash and black gi.
Each oncoming soldier recieved a kunai in each eye socket, dropping them stone dead.

More soldiers gathered, circling Sho. Sho reclaimed his sword from the dirt, keeping it low and in front of him. He loved a good fight, but as much fun as it was, he had to get going.
He sheathed his sword and closed his eyes. He kept his right hand on the hilt of his weapon, his left arm bent at the elbow, his hand closed into a tight fist except for his thumb, index, and pointing finger.

"Do-Rei-San-So-Nien-Gai-Gien!" Sho chanted loudly, his hand and fingers shaking from conentration.

A loud explosion, smoke, and fire blinded and sculded the surrounding troops, causing them to run in fear, if not burnt to death by the magical attack.

Sho watched from his perch high above in a tree. He smirked to himself, such an easy spell, with a hellish result. His smile faded, as he saw a soldier leaving the command tent, his Lord's head in his tight grasp.

There was loud cheering from those who were still alive, a victory for their forces not won in vain.

Sho scowled bitterly, perhaps he could have saved his Lords life. To live and die, in death was the release to the sweetness of Nirvana. He longed to die, to die a good death. The enemy denied him that honor, he only hoped they would preserve his Lords even in death by cleaning and dressing the head before display, a washing and shampoo of jasmine, cherry blossoms, and plum. To die in battle, an honor.

Sho looked away, remembering his dead Lord's last wishes and command.
Without a second thought, Sho leapt off of his perch, and took to the treeline high above the forest floor, moving from treetop to treetop with ease.

"May you find heaven or perish.."
Sign up to rate and review this story