Categories > Original > Fantasy > Ryumake-Tetsu

The Needle In The Stack

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

General Goro Darkshine starts to make plans to intercept the ninja carrying the alleged treaty..

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1082 words

0Unrated
General Goro Darkshine, of the Jun-Sai-Mok, was a giant of a man. Like his clansmen, he was part human, part daemon. He was the head of the Mok army, a stern and complicated man of high standing amongst the ranks of officers. He led the Tenchu Musou, or the "Wrath of Heaven warriors". They were the elite squadron of the army, the Praetorean guard.

His second in command, Captain Shizo Bloodlet, was a clever tactician, and well known for his ambushes and traps. He was very proud of his Kazuo rifle unit, some of the best marksmen in the clan, said to have been trained by Magoichi Saika himself.

The Liuetenant was Batsu Fleshrend, the lower on the chain of command, he was looked at with minor contempt and reluctance, for he was still very young for an officer. He made up for it though by being the commanding officer for the Shades.

They all sat around a small table in the command tent at the main camp. General Goro resided over the meeting.

"A number of our soldiers have ran into a Shinobi of the Arashi-No-Tachi. They report that he is possibly carrying an important document. What it consists of is still in question, but regardless, we need to verify it's contents before we send out a pursuit unit." the General said as he removed his longsword from it's sash and handing it over to an orderly.

The other officers present did the same. It was customary to not bear arms when at a meeting. Even though they were a hybrid of daemon and human, they still retained some of the human customs.

"Whom shall we send to do this task?" asked Liuetenant Batsu, waving an iron war fan to keep cool.

"Who indeed. Shall we send out our regulars? The militia? An ambush unit?" Captain Shizo added, adjusting one of his war gauntlets.

General Goro thought for a moment, he stroked his chin with one of his enourmous hands.
He needed to get this matter settled soon, but did not want to waste anymore of his men on such a trivial task, let alone against a well trained Shinobi.

Finally, he spoke up, "Perhaps the Shades could undergo this endeavor? They seem well suited."

The Captain and Liuetenant nodded.

"Will they bring the Shinobi back alive or dead? Shall we commandeer just the document my General?" asked Batsu.

The General waved him off with a hand, "No, interrogation will not be necessary. The retrieval of the document is all that is needed. Your Shades can do as they see fit to the ninja."

Batsu licked his lips excitedly with a long serpentine tongue, relishing the permission to do as he saw fit to the enemy.

"Wait my General, " Shizo said calmly as he raised a hand, "We do not know of this Shinobi's whereabouts just yet, should we send out a reconnaisance party?"

General Goro pondered this as well. Should he sacrafice a few more lives to get the pinpoint location of the Shinobi? Or should he let the Shades handle it?

"Send out a small party to recon the area and surrounding providences, but no more than a dozen men understood?!"

The Liuetenant and Captain bowed their heads in a curt gesture of concurrence.

"Agreed then, Liuetenant, you may send for Jiro Shatter, leader of the Shades. Give him his orders to standby at the ready for the command to move out. Captain, have a dozen foot soldiers scour the area and make haste! Once they find our target, dispatch the Shades, understood?"

The other officers had their orders, they bowed low before rising to their feet and reclaiming their swords from the waiting orderly.


Ina Orchid was one of the best members of the Shades. She was one of the two females of the group, experienced in espionage and infiltration. She had the daemon gift of "Far Voice" the ability to mimic any noise of voice she heard. She was known in the group as "Little Chameleon". She was armed with a Nodachi(Long Sword) and Tanto(Dagger)


Jiro Shatter was the leader, a man that was a gifted strategist as well as the most cunning of the group. Because of his impressive tactics, he was made leader. He was an expert swordsman as well as hand-to-hand combatant. He was armed with a Wakisashi(Short Sword)and a poison soaked Tanto.

Hideki Shard was Jiro's younger brother. He was unstable, overly aggressive, and some even said insane. He had a taste for torture and torment, as well as possessing the ability to produce "Skin Razors", a daemonic ability to shape his own skin, bone, and hair, into edged weaponry razor sharp. He had to wear a tight fitting black uniform that covered his entire body so that not a single part of him was visible, for any fraction of flesh or hair was exposed, he could cut someone at random. Only when he went into battle, did he strip down to his pants, every other area of his body exposed and ready. He was nicknamed "Crazy Dagger". He opted to carry a large sickled with a chain attached to the pommel, for easy throwing and retrieval.


Daigoro Cleavehard was the quiet and calm member of the group. He was the fastest and most agile. He could create life like illusions of himself as well as concoct hallucinations. Although his illusions could not physically wound a target, when they attacked, it felt as though a million blades were cutting inot the victim. He was known as "Wind Wolf".
He carried a pair of bladed tonfas


The last member of the Shade team was Yuki Palestrike. She was the second female of the group. She was a small, short statured girl, looking no older than 14. Out of the entire group, only she got along with Hideki, since they both were deranged. She had the hellish ability of "Splash back", an unholy gift that allowed her to recieve injuries and damage, but bend it to be inflicted on the attacker. She claims to be immortal, a direct descendant of Yaobikuni, the undying. She is a sadist and a masochist, her emotions and temper interchanging constantly. As innocent as she looked, there was a dark prescence brooding within. She was known as the "Blade Bender". She carried a naginata(Curved Spear).

They were only summoned for missions of great importance and time restriction.
To call upon them meant bringing hell to earth.
Sign up to rate and review this story