Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Family.

by 12shawab 0 reviews

Dot. Dot. Dot.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-13 - Updated: 2007-11-14 - 1040 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brook stared into the face that was exactly her's, the eyes that matched. She watched in horror as the lips curved up into an evil smile that was so easily her's.

Kakashi had tried to put himself inbetween Brook and her father, knowing what he had come for. She had pushed past him so easily... He was ashamed of himself for letting it happen.

Brook's head exploded into pain, and she cried out in surprise. She dropped to her knees and held her head in her hands. Kakashi knew better than to turn his back on the man in front of him. He took one step back and placed himself behind Brook, so he could see her.

"What are you doing here?" Kakashi asked his previous mentor. In more ways than one, this man was like his Father.

He smiled that smile that he didn't deserve. "Why do you think, Kakashi? I came to take my daughter back." His voice was very indifferent.

"You aren't taking her anywhere." He moved closer to her, "I won't let you."

He laughed. "You think you're even an obstacle to me? That's funny, Kakashi."

Brook could hear none of this, the pain in her head was getting close to unbearable. A million images floated past her inner eye.She couldn't comprehend. The color of these visions seemed to be red.

"You can't hide what she is forever."

"Shut up!" Kakashi yelled at him.

Brook suddenly fell over in front of him, the pain gone from her. She was standing next to him in a half second, ready to fight.

"I wanted her to be consicous for this."

"Stop!" Kakashi yelled.

"Brooklyn-"

"Don't call me that." She growled at him.

"Sorry. Daughter, I need to tell you something." He took a step forward, and Brook jumped a foot back. There was nowhere near enough space between them.

"Stay away from me." She barked at him.

He smiled at her again, and then he was in her face before she could blink.

"Do you even know what you are, my dear?" He grabbed her arm so she couldn't get away from him.

She didn't answer him, just struggled against his hold.

"My dear, you aren't even human. Nowhere near it."

She stopped and stared at him, struggle was no longer a word in her mind.

"You were human to begin with, but I wondered what would happen..."

"Stop! She can't know!" Kakashi screamed.

"Well, I just don't know. Maybe it's better if you didn't know..."

"Tell me!" She yelled.

"You have the blood of the Nine-Tailed Fox in you! You were simply an experiment to this village! Except your worthless mother. She just wanted you to stay alive. You were dying when you were born. They had blood from the Nine-Tailed Fox left over from the battle, so I told them to inject it into you. To see what would happen. The Thrid Hokage was eager to see the outcome. The blood was injected into you, and you lived. Your mother was not so lucky, she dies soon after your birth. That blood has lain dormant in your blood for 18 years, and I have to power to release it!"

Brook stared at him, speechless. Her mind was a blank.

"How?" She whispered.

"By telling you the story." He grinned at her.

Her pupils got very large then retracted into her red iris. She screamed and grabbed at her sides. the red chakra flew out of her in every direction, visible to anyone. Kakashi lunged at Roland, who swiftly dodged him.

The air was suddenly still. Brook stood in the moonlight, intensly beautiful to Kakashi, with her head hung. Her eyes open slowly, and Kakashi recoiled at the blood red color and the grin that spread across her face meant one thing. She wanted destruction. She wanted...

Death.

Roland watched in amazement as his experiment looked up at Kakashi, hate in her eyes. Working as plan.

Kakashi stood in horror watching her turn towards him. He was unable to run from her, and it was impossible for him to fight her. So he stood rooted to the ground, waiting for his death. He looked her in the eyes, and said all he could.

"Brook..." He said, his voice barely a whisper.

And suddenly, her expression was different. The mere sound of his voice was enough to make her see. Her eyes flashed between blood red and soft blue. She closed her eyes, bracing herself against the demon in her. One hand came up to her temple, the other stayed by her side, ready to catch herself if she should fall.

Her father watched his plan fail as Brook fought with and overcame the demon fox. He took his chance to escape and did.

Brook swayed forward, and Kakashi rushed forard to catch her. She fell into his arms, and he kneeled on the ground with her. She looked up at him and just studied his face for one minute. Then she looked away aburptly, closing her eyes against the tears they both knew were coming.

"Shh," He told her, cradling her closer to his body. She held onto his shirt, not willing to let go under any circumstances.

He crossed his legs underneath him and pulled her into his lap. She still wasn't crying. Tough kid, he thought.

Brook drank in the scent of him, her fingers holding onto his shirt for dear life. She fought against the tears she wouldn't let him see. and if he did see them, he would never know why they came now.

The reason she fought tears was because she knew the exact thoughts running through her head as she had looked at him as she lost control before. She had wanted to kill him, and would have done so with no mercy.

She pulled herself closer to him, but it was still nowhere near close enough. Kakashi's arms tightened around her as the tears finally spilled over, her body shaking with her sobs. He told her it was okay, that Roland was gone and she was going to be okay.

Her tears finally stopped as the sun broke over the horizon in the east, Kakashi's arms still holding her tight.
Sign up to rate and review this story