Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > To Another World

That Only Twins Could Have

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

Sonny Gordon picks up Dr. Robotnika nd his entourage, and reflects on his own existance and the psychosis of Megan "Omega" P., his brother's best friend.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Horror, Sci-fi - Characters: Dr. Robotnik, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-01-14 - Updated: 2006-01-14 - 1013 words

0Unrated
I swerve, almost going off the road. They appear behind me, the four of them, all looking surprised. I look in the rearview mirror just in time to see Chad collapse.

Didn't know he had it in him.

I survey the group behind me. My twin, his psychotic best friend, her slutty roommate, and that fat old professor that Meg works for.

For just a moment, I ask myself what the hell I'm doing. Then I park the car. "What happened?"

"He used his freaky powers to get us here," Rouge offers.

The doctor whimpers in fear.

"Relax dude," I soothe, turning to him. "You're here with us now, and we're gonna get you to the military base."

"Not that they'll be able to do anything," Meg quips.

I look into the guy's eyes, hoping that maybe the face of a non-crazy will calm him. But somehow... something in his eyes jar me. Like I'm staring at someone else for a moment. Not a kindly old professor of robotics, but an evil man, an evil but surprisingly good fellow...

I shake my head. Is this that déjà vu Meg always rants about?

"I have no idea what's happened," He whines.

"I'm Sonny Gordon, and that's my brother Chad. Our dad is the head of G.U.N. and he asked us to get you. He said you're the only one who might be able to save the planet."

"What? Wh..why me?" the old guy demands.

"Something about your grandpa working on this space colony. They have a bunch of his old papers and they need you to make sense of them."

"I don't understand."

"Something about a cannon and a time machine or something."

And as I say that I can almost hear something... something about throwing something into the cannon... something about using the power they sought against them... what?

I drive on, frowning. I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

*

After hours, we finally reach civilization. The aliens blocked off most of the roads. Station Square was totally out of our reach; so here were are in Central City, the Capital.

It's so empty here... Everyone's gone. Every now and then we pass another GUN tank on the road, or a group of aliens, but other than that there's nothing. Not a bird, not a bug, not a small furry animal. Nothing.

Chad's still unconscious in the back... The doctor fell asleep and he's muttering. Rouge stares at the roof, as if hoping for a window... And Meg is tweaking out. Her hands are twitching wildly, she's muttering something over and over... I can't quite make it out, but it sounds like it has something to do with daddy and being sorry.

Crazy bitch.

Me, I'm driving. Driving driving driving. I loved driving before... Something about it always bugged me though, like it was holding me back. But now... I don't want to be driving some old dude to the GUN base. I want to be out there, fighting those things off with my karate.

But you can't always get what you want.

Although the constant crazy muttering is kinda music unto itself, I turn on the radio, hoping to calm good old Omega-tron, or at least drown her out. There's nothing on the airwaves... Dead air. That's it, I have to do something.

"Meg, can it, will ya? We don't care what your daddy did to you!"

"Die, motherfucker!" Suddenly a pair of tiny little hands tear at my throat. I cough out a little cry as the crazy bitch compresses my windpipe. I swerve on the road.

"OMEGA! STOP THIS INSTANT!"

She lets go, and I gasp. "Sorry, Rouge," she apologizes. To Rouge. She's apologizing to her roommate, not to the guy she choked, of course...

"Sonny, apologize."

"I'm sorry I made comments about your daddy." I croak.

"Right. Now, Omega, apologize."

"I'm sorry I tried to silence your shit-spewing mouth, Sonny."

I laugh weakly. "Apology accepted, ya crazy bitch. So, where do we go from here?"

"You're the one whose daddy's Major Pain."

"That's General Gordon, Meg. He's General Gordon to you."

"Anyway, what are the rendezvous points?"

"White House, if we can't find them there, GUN base."

Suddenly, Chad speaks from the backseat. "They're gonna blow up the city. Go to the base, now!"

*

It's been five minutes since Chad woke up and he's still screaming. Screaming about the aliens and what they're going to do. He's screaming that they're going to destroy the capital and eat our brains. I'm not sure what to think... Is it a part of our gift? The visions that Megan warned us about? Or is it him, being delirious from what he did to himself?

I'm not sure I want to know.

All of a sudden, Rouge screams. "Look!"

I turn my head around and look out the window... the sky is empty, if red.

"Rouge, what are you talking about?"

"They're using some kind of emerald power..."

Suddenly, the road in front of us begins to glow, a beautiful golden-green...

"Sonny, get the hell out of the way!" my twin shrieks.

I try to swerve out of the way, but suddenly I feel a searing heat... Then there's a crashing sound, and everything fades to white.

*

I see them there, floating in space, hands linked as the monster behind them shrieks a dying cry. They're so small, so vulnerable, and yet something has given them a power beyond me, beyond all of us, beyond everything. They float, smiling, staring into each other's eyes with a sort of connection that only twins could have. They're us, he's me and I'm him.

They fly beneath the big object that's falling toward the earth... It's going to crush them, it's going to crush us, all of us... but then a glow envelops them, and they disappear... The gold one and the falling thing disappear.

The white one falls, falls to the earth, and I awaken with a scream, hoping to God that what I saw was a dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story