Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH77 - Surprises

by GuardianOfLight 3 reviews

Harry Makes A Couple Of Apologies

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Cho,Fleur,Harry,Neville,Padma,Parvati - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-11-17 - Updated: 2007-11-18 - 3280 words

2Ambiance
Chapter 77 - Surprises

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 16th September 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Girls Bathroom
Time: Afternoon


Three hours after returning from the Wizengamot, Harry and Fleur were waiting in Myrtle's Bathroom to see the results of his test; the ghost in question was currently not there. Between his fingers Harry was rubbing the galleon that Hermione had charmed for use by the DA the year before.

It had been two and a half hours since he had signalled the DA with their coins and was interested to see how many would turn up.

He had already received and replied to letters from Angelina, Alicia, Lee and the Weasley twins about whether they should find a way to attend which he had replied no to as he would talk to them later.

The door opened five minutes later, before the pair, to admit every member of the DA still at Hogwarts, many of them, especially the guys, were looking slightly awkward at actually being in a girls bathroom.

"You called." Grinned Ginny as they walked into one of the least visited rooms in the school.

"I did." He replied "But before I tell you the reason why I called this meeting, let me ask a question. Put your hand up if you didn't get my summons and were told by one of the others that I had called you?"

Hanna Abbott, Terry Boot and Dean Thomas all rather slowly raised their hands, rather embarrassed that they had not had the sense to keep carrying their coins around with them.

Harry had expected more to keep theirs with them since the DOM but that was a lot better than he had hoped for.

"Don't be embarrassed I was just curious, that's all." Turning around he picked up a long piece of cloth that was lying on the ground beside him "Everyone grab a hold, we are going on a little trip."

"Portkeys can't pass through the wards." Interrupted Hermione.

"They can if they are made by someone as powerful as Adam and they are keyed into the wards so the Headmaster is not alerted when we leave." He explained, making Hermione go very quiet, much to the others amusement.

As they all took hold they felt the familiar pull of a portkey as they vanished from Hogwarts.
________________________________________________________________________

Reappearing at the Chateau, most of the group stumbled as they landed.

"That was fun." Groaned Justin as they climbed to their feet.

"Where are we and why are we here anyway?" asked Hannah.

"You're about to be recruited." Explained Ron as he and Hermione moved next to Harry and Fleur.

"Come again?" asked Susan.

"You know the masked stranger who saved us on the train and who stopped the Death Eaters attack on my house?" Asked Hermione.

There were various nods and noises of acknowledgment.

"Well Harry, Fleur, Ron and I all now work for him."

Several chins dropped.

"How on earth did that happen?" asked Katie.

"Well Fleur and I joined back before summer finished and then we recruited Hermione and Ron a couple of days ago."

"As you've sided with him I'm assuming he is not exactly evil." Guessed Parvati.

"He wants to get rid of Voldemort and anyone else who threatens his allies or the safety of the public." Explained Fleur.

"What's his name?" asked Lavender.

"No one outside of the Court of Commanders knows that," explained Harry "Fleur and I are both in the Court but we are unable to tell you, but his title is The Avatar."

"That name sounds familiar." Padma thought aloud "Where do I know that from?"

"I recognised it to," commented Hermione "I've been doing research on it in the library but I haven't found anything yet."

Fleur and Harry mentally exchanged a look before turning their attention back to the others.

"I'll help when we get back." Smiled Padma.

"Tell us more about The Avatar and what he plans to do?" asked Ginny, neatly changing the subject back to more relevant matters.

Over the next fifteen minutes Harry and Fleur explained as much as they could about The Alliance, answering as many questions as they could, including telling them that they were mated (he had visibly seen Cho's face sink when he had told them), what had happened over the summer and who were members of The Alliance.

When it came to signing on Harry was pleased to see that as soon as he had answered the question:

"Do you trust The Avatar?"

And he immediately answered.

"Yes."

That no less than half of the DA immediately moved to sign the parchment, it made him feel honoured to think that they trusted his opinion that much.

The other DA members were not far behind the others in signing; only taking a few moments to think about it before joining the queue.

Once the last few people had signed and donned their rings Harry rolled up the contract and sat down in one of the empty chairs.

"Thanks everyone, now if all of you who have just joined can stay seated for a few minutes, I need to tell you something that Hermione and Ron already know so they are going to head back to the school."

At Hermione's confused look he explained.

"What our plans are etc, who's doing what, there's no point in you hearing things twice."

Nodding their heads slowly, as if not quite believing him the pair took a hold of a smaller rope that Fleur was carrying before the trio portkeyed out.

"So Harry, what else does our esteemed leader have planned?" asked Lavender.

"A Party." He replied grinning after quickly checking his watch.

"A....A what?" Ginny replied shocked.

"A joint surprise party for Fleur whose birthday is today and Hermione whose birthdays is on Wednesday."

"I don't believe it." Exclaimed Parvati "We're her dorm mates and she never told us."

"Imagine how I felt then when I realised that I had forgotten about Hermione's, Ron's, not to mention yours and yours Ginny and Neville for the last six years, especially as Neville's birthday is right on top of mine." Added Harry "I can't believe you lot are still friends with me."

"We'll forgive you Harry." Smiled Ginny "And given your childhood, can we blame you for not remembering birthdays."

"Anyway, regardless of that, I need all your help to set things up."

"How can we help?" asked Colin.

"Well I need to keep both of them occupied for a few hours. Colette, Tonks and Buffy are having a ‘girl's night in', or at least Fleur thinks they are, so she will want to keep herself occupied until then so Ron will coincidentally be challenging her to prove how good at duelling she is in my classroom."

"But she's a duelling champion." Exclaimed Ginny "He doesn't stand a chance."

"Do you really think Ron will accept coming second place," smiled Harry "He will keep her occupied for fifty minutes or so. As for Hermione, I need you Padma, as you so brilliantly volunteered to help her research The Avatar, to keep Hermione in the Library for a bit longer than that, while we prepare the ROR, Ron will come and get Hermione while Fleur cleans herself up after their duel, and yes I know she will do so as she always did if she could after our duels, and he will then bring Hermione up to the ROR which is coincidentally exactly where the ‘girls night' is happening at around the same time. We should just need up to, what will be one hour from now once we go back in time to complete decorating the room. I know the ROR can do it for us, but that's no fun."

"You can count on me Harry." Smiled Padma.

"Thanks Padma, and by the way, don't worry about teachers in the corridors. I've talked to Professor Dumbledore and he has given permission for party attendees to move through the corridors up to twelve thirty tonight."

"Excellent." Grinned Dean, before looking worried "What about Booze?"

"Fire Whisky and Butter Beer," replied Harry "Courtesy of my bank account."

There were several cheers and Dean and Seamus slapped each others hands.

"What about presents?" asked Parvati worriedly "We'll look terrible if we turn up to a party without presents for them."

Harry grinned and reached into his pocket and withdrew a chain containing a device.

"Anyone know what this is?"

"How in Merlin's name did you get hold of a Time Turner?" asked Susan, her aunt had probably shown her one at some point.

"Courtesy of me." Came a male voice from the doorway.

Turning around the group got their first sight of Fleur's parents accompanied by her sister.

"Everyone, allow me to introduce Comte Dimitri Delacour of the French Council of Power, the stunning Comtesse Delphine Delacour, his stunning lady wife and the beautiful Lady Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister who you may remember from the Triwizard Tournament."

Gabrielle blushed as she was introduced.

Neville was the first to move, standing and bowing formerly.

"Greetings Comte and Comtesse Delacour, Baron Neville Longbottom at your service."

Dimitri grinned and walked around the table to take Neville's hand.

"Call me Dimitri." He grinned, before sending a mock glare at Harry "And since my daughters mate has forgotten most of his manners, perhaps you can introduce me to your friends, rather than just referring to them as everyone?"

"Certainly Com...." he stopped when Dimitri sent him a look "Dimitri."

Turning to the table he began the introductions.

"On my right is my girlfriend, the beautiful Luna Lovegood."

Luna stood and curtsied.

"Next to her is Ginny Weasley, Harry's best friend's younger sister."

Ginny looked slightly annoyed at being addressed as Ron's younger sister rather than a woman in her own right, but still managed to mirror Luna's curtsey.

"The Creevey brothers Colin and Dennis, the Patil twins Parvati and Padma, Cho Chang, Hannah Abbott, Lavender Brown, Katie Bell, Susan Bones, Terry Boot, Michael Corner, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Anthony Goldstein, Ernie Macmillan, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan and lastly Zacharias Smith."

As each was introduced they had stood and either bowed or curtsied to the Delacour's.

"Welcome to my home." He welcomed before turning back to Harry "You were saying."

"Those who want to will use the Time Turner to travel back nine hours and visit Merlin's Road in Paris. We will all be going in disguise so we are not recognised, I have arranged for a few of our Alumni DA members to meet us and travel with us to Paris, some will be in disguise others won't be, depending on what they did during their first run through of today, they obviously cannot be seen in two places at once, just remember they are not part of the group yet so say nothing about what we have already talked about. When we are finished we will travel back to Hogwarts and spend the remaining few hours preparing the ROR, I'm guessing that shopping will take quite a while that's why I need all your help to get the room ready in time."

"Is there a Gringotts in Paris?" asked Lavender.

"There is, but you won't need to go there," replied Harry "Anything you buy, whether for yourself or one of the birthday girls will be paid for by Dimitri and myself."

"We can't do that!" exclaimed Katie, at the same time as several others called out and the rest were left gapping "It would cost a fortune."

Harry turned to the only person in the room who was not looking shocked.

"Ginny, please can you tell those gathered here how much I gave you out of my inheritance?"

"Three million straight cash and enough shares to earn me another quarter million every year." She replied, only slightly embarrassed that she was now that rich.

"And I gave away several amounts like that," added Harry "I have five properties, four of which are ancient as well as a massive bank balance and average income and Dimitri is hardly poor either. We have already arranged this and we are also not going to let you leave Paris until you have each bought yourself something reasonably highly priced, so unless you start buying dozens of Dragons or Firebolt's you are not going to damage our bank balances."

Katie and several others opened their mouths to object but Harry kept going.

"And before you try to complain we will remind you that Hermione is my best friend and Fleur is my mate and Dimitri's eldest daughter and we will find it highly insulting if you try to refuse."

Everyone guessed from his tone that the insult bit was a joke but they reluctantly stopped trying to object.

"When do we leave?" asked Luna.

"In ten minutes, but before that I need to talk to Parvati and Padma, then after that Cho. So could you three follow me while the rest of you chat amongst yourselves?"

The trio looked at each other cautiously before standing and following him.

He led them out of the room and down into the sitting room before turning to them.

"Cho can you wait here while I speak briefly to the twins."

Cho nodded nervously and sat down while Harry led the twins to the other side of the large room, out of sight and just out of hearing range of Cho as she sat down on the sofa.

"Yes Harry?" Padma asked slightly nervously, not quite sure what to expect.

"This is two years overdue," he said to Parvati, before turning to Padma "Ron wanted to be here too, but to keep up the illusion to Hermione and Fleur that nothing is going on he had to go with them, he also said he would probably make a complete hash of the words and make it sound worse than it already is."

"What is it Harry?" asked Parvati, also rather nervously as they hadn't a clue what he was talking about, and Harry's worried look was not helping.

"Ron and I want to apologise for ruining the Yule Ball for you both two years ago. We were selfish in ignoring you and unfeeling for paying attention to others for the entire evening and we humbly apologise."

The twins stood still, not moving at all, shock was written all over their faces.

"And Ron and I hoped you would accept these," Harry continued, pulling two bouquets of roses from a concealed vase and handing them one each "As some form of an apology, and possibly forgive us for being so stupid as to ignore to two beautiful ladies right next to us for the entire evening....though it's most certainly two years too late."

The girls stared from the flowers to Harry and back again several times before managing to speak.

"You honestly think,"

"That we would turn down an apology,"

"That made you that nervous,"

"And was sealed with a dozen roses?"

"Other than Fleur and my failed attempt with Cho, I really haven't had much experience with girls." He admitted "And even less at apologising to them."

Harry had been expecting to be slapped for offering such a feeble apology two years late and ask for forgiveness with just a few roses.

He was, needless to say, very surprised when both of the twins leaned forward and kissed him on his cheeks, making him blush.

"Oh Harry," smiled Parvati "We'll forgive you Harry, if you forgive us for swapping on you?"

Harry didn't understand for a moment before it clicked in his mind.

"Wait a minute, which of you did I ask to the dance and which one did I take?"

"You asked me," replied Parvati, at least he thought it was Parvati in the Gryffindor jumper.

As with the Weasley twins, it was blind guess work to figure out which witch was which. It was normally easier with the Patil's as they wore house colours at most times, even now they were wearing jeans and tee shirts with their school jumpers over them.

"But went with me." Finished Padma, the one in a Ravenclaw jumper.

"And which one are you?"

"At the moment we are switched." Explained the one in the Gryffindor jumper.

"So you are Padma, not Parvati?"

"Correct." She nodded, pulling off her jumper and swapping it with her sister before donning her own house jumper "We switch every other day,"

"But for the ball, we decided to let you actually take who you thought you were taking." Replied Parvati.

"Is there any way to tell you two apart?" he asked.

They exchanged a grin, before leaning forward and whispering in his ear.

"There is,"

"But as you are not single,"

"We cannot show you."

As they leaned back, Harry froze for a moment before shaking himself out of the daze the revelation had put him in, looking back at them he saw they were grinning at him.

"Am I permitted to ask what the difference is and how many people actually know, or will that just earn me a pair of slaps."

Grinning at each other again they leaned forward again and whispered:

"As you are the first to ask, we shall tell you."

"I have half a tattoo around a part of my anatomy on my left side." Purred Padma.

"And I have the other half of the tattoo around a part of anatomy on my right side." Added Parvati.

"And only the Weasley twins know,"

"But they don't know which of us,"

"Is which."

"It was an amazing experience,"

"Two sets of twins in one bed."

Harry jumped back before they could say more, making the pair giggle; especially as he guessed which part of their anatomy they were probably talking about as regards their tattoos. Shooting a glance at their chest he quickly turned away as the twins giggled at him doing it.

"Come on Par," chuckled Padma as she and her sister linked arms "Let's leave Harry to talk to Miss Hosepipe over there."

As the pair walked out (concealing their roses from sight), Cho stood up and went over to Harry.

"Harry,"

"Cho,"

"I wan...." they both tried at the same time before laughing lightly.

"After you." He tried again.

"Harry, I want to apologise firstly for using you the way I did, I used you as a link to Cedric and it was wrong of me and should not be forgiven, the way I played with your feelings like that. I also want to apologise for getting the wrong idea about you and Hermione when you left our date. I now know that you were giving an interview to The Quibbler, but I should not have jumped to conclusions and given you the chance to explain."

"No, it was me who was in the wrong," interrupted Harry "I should have told you about it before hand and not spring it on you in the middle of our date."

Reaching for the vase he removed the last set of roses.

"Please accept these as an apology. I am with Fleur now, so please understand that these are not a bad attempt to ask if we can try again." He added quickly when her face rose as she saw the flowers then proceeded to sink after his last statement "But I want to be friends, I don't want us to be awkward around each other for the remainder of our time at school, do you forgive me?"

"If you forgive me." She asked.

"I do." He nodded.

"Then I do too." She smiled, hugging him quickly, before stepping back "Let's go shopping."
Sign up to rate and review this story