Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Humanity

Visions

by Godaime 0 reviews

What are we? Exploring the human heart is a painful thing. Drabbles - mostly character exploration and angst, some fluff.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-01-16 - Updated: 2006-01-16 - 329 words

0Unrated
An attempt at a stream-of-consciousness drabble for Roy. Character death, set before the series, after Ishbal. Tell me what you think.

Chapter One: Visions

Blood.

It surrounds me, drowning my mind in its deathly silence. When the world around me is gone, but for the bloody ground,and the desert sands blow across my vision, I can't help but wonder - what makes my blood more worthy than theirs? Ironic - this scarlet liquid, created by my burning flame, is not consumed by it - (though it is only my body that escapes the searing death that those hands wield).

But my soul is a different matter - it burns already in hell. I have felt hell's pangs of constant, blazing, guilty agony - they course through my soul already - and I feel the devil's smirk as he drags me down to his flame-walled cage (it was forged for me alone), its sides writhing and twisting in an agony soon to be my own.

And I see a demon's malevolence in Kimbley's deranged smile, as he tells me how I will learn to love the death, the killing. How I will laugh as I see their bones crumple under my flame, and smirk as I smell the smoke from their bodies.

Go to hell, Kimbley, I tell him, but my words are almost nonexistent- My energy is too drained to speak any words of true meaning. Follow me there, and I'll give you more hell than you can handle.

And he leaves with a laugh and a beer (one of the few left unopened on the floor), leaving me to thoughts of flame, and death. And I think - if I end it now, end it here, I will receive my punishment in death - doubly. My shell will be burned by the cleansing flame, and my soul will burn for eternity in the fires of hell, fueled by my own guilt.

I hold up my hand, and allow my own searing flame to take me.
Sign up to rate and review this story