Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Humanity

Crime and punishment

by Godaime 0 reviews

God, forgive these sinners, because I won't.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2006-01-16 - Updated: 2006-01-16 - 194 words

0Unrated
Chapter three: Crime and Punishment

I saw her body, bloodstained and deathlike, sprawled in the street before me, devoid of the stately presence that had graced her in life (her blonde hair was mussed, covered in blood and rainwater). I knelt down beside her - there were no tears, it was too unreal for tears - and the rain poured down across my face, crying where I could not.

She had once told me I was useless in the rain, and by God, I was. Completely useless. Even once the sky was once again clear, I knew that the rain would continue, that I would never be free of it.

But for now, the rain coursed through me (in droplets, splashing against the already soaked concrete), and I bent down to kiss her lips one last time, cold as they were, in death.

And I stood, covered with blood from her slit throat, with eyes as cold as the death that had taken her - flaming still with the fire of hatred. Setting off through the night-soaked streets, head bowed against the pounding rain, my mind carried only one thought.

The wicked shall receive their just reward.
Sign up to rate and review this story