Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter five.

by roxnick 0 reviews

skeletons in the closet.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 599 words - Complete

0Unrated
i woke up the next morning to an empty side, empty hands, not as they had been last night. i sat up and looked around. the window was still open, the curtains flying out of place every time the breeze hit. the huge amount of sunlight coming into the room made me wrinkle my nose and close my eyes. i got out of bed and looked in the bathroom. no frankie.
"where is he?", i said out loud.
i heard a knock. it startled me. i opened the door. nothing. another knock.
"what the fuck?"
a louder knock. it sounded very forced, like it took a great deal of strength to accomplish. i looked back and saw a door, probably a closet door. i hesitated, but walked up to it anyway. i stood facing it for a few seconds. i had never noticed this door before. whatever was in there knocked again, now a faint tap. the sound made me jump. with worried eyes, i stretched my arm towards it and placed an uneasy hand on the knob. i flexed my fingers and slowly placed each one on the knob, trying to keep as quiet as possible, ready to retaliate at any sudden action. why a sudden turn and pull, i opened the door. i jumped, screamed, and fell backwards. surrounded by a mass of clothing and bags was a person, covered in scarlet blood, still shining. clothes drenched to the point they had turned black. i couldn't recognize if it was a man or a woman, and i didn't dare come close. my heart was beating to the point that it seemed to jump out of my chest. i couldn't breathe. my head hurt, my sinuses filled up. i couldn't choke the tears back, but i still tried. my eyes became blurry, so i blinked hard to let the tears run. still sitting on the floor, my thoughts running wild in the shock of the situation, i began to flinch.

i turned and began to crawl towards the still open closet, to the visage facing my way. i realized that i needed to check if this person was still alive or not. it didn't seem likely. with all the strength in my body, i ran my fingers along the neck line and up under the chin. nothing. i tried again. and again. and again. and yet again. still. quiet. my hands were polluted with this foreign blood. i closed my eyes and slid the hair away from the person's face, scared to find out who it was. as i opened my eyes back up, i could see a face unfamiliar to me. it was a woman, no doubt. her lips were slightly open and broken up. her nose seemed to have been bleeding, even though it was hard to tell because her whole body was red from the blood. her eyes were closed. then it hit me.
i could've saved her. if i hadn't waited so long to open the door, she might have been alive. i could've taken her somewhere or taken care of her. i put my clean hand up to my mouth and started crying. i hated myself. i felt like i was the one who did this to her.
it wasn't time to cry. i had to find frankie. who was this woman? why would anyone do such a thing? and why was she in frankie's closet? how did she get there? there were so many questions running through my head, when i snapped out of it: someone was coming in through the window.
Sign up to rate and review this story