Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter six.

by roxnick 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 827 words - Complete

0Unrated
"oh my god!"
it was taryn's voice. i turned to her. she was sticking her head through the window and looking over at me in horror. i tried to speak, but instead, a terrible cry of anguish and fear ran out of my mouth. she made her way through the window, which took her a few seconds. she sat close to me and held me by the head close to her chest, like a mother would do her child. she wasn't looking at me but at the girl in the closet. her eyes filled with anger. she grabbed my by the sides of my face and held me so i would look at her.
"did you do this?", she asked, her voice tense.
"NO... TARYN! WHY... WOULD YOU... EVEN IMAGINE I... WOULD... DO SOMETHING LIKE... THAT???!!!". i pointed over to the girl, speaking in between sobs.
she grabbed my body and held it again.
"shh... shh... it'll be okay..."
with great effort and about thirty minutes, taryn succeeded in calming me down. she took me to the bathroom, turned on the water, and told me to wash up.
"where's what's-his-face?", taryn asked.
"i don't know... he was here last night, but when i woke up this morning he was gone", i said, concentrating on getting the dry blood off of my fingers.
"do you think...?", she started to say, but i interrupted her.
"NO. no, it's out of the question. he would never do that"
"how do you know?"

a long pause filled the room. i looked at taryn and walked over to her. i stood over her, since she was sitting on the edge of the bathtub.
"taryn, i'm scared"
"scared of what?", she said softly.
"scared that they may be something wrong with frankie. i need to find him and make sure he's fine. i know he didn't do that. i just do"
taryn looked up at me.
"what do you think we should do? i mean, we can't leave the body here, it's gonna start stinking up. and i wanna call the cops, but they're gonna start asking questions and you know me and my record. they're gonna think i did it"
i pondered for a second. i looked at her.
"we need to get out of here"
"what?"
"we need to make sure no one sees us leaving this room and get the fuck out of here. the one booked to this room is frankie, not us. we'll go find him--"
"and where the fuck do you expect to find him in the first place einstein?"
i bit my lip.
"i don't know... but he can't be far. she wasn't dead when i first found her.. well, sort of found her"
"what?"
"yeah... she was knocking on the door...". i choked up again and started crying. taryn got up and hugged me.
"oh.. no.. don't cry... it's not your fault penny"





we left the room once again, as we had the night before, through the window. it wasn't sunny outside anymore, but cloudy, the sky smeared in dark gray and white.
we had left everything as it was, with the tv still on, the closet door closed, the bed left unmade. we had looked through frankie's drawers and found an address with the present day's date on it. we figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

the address on the paper was to a small house on the outskirts of downtown. we had walked for about an hour to get there, with no time to go back for taryn's car.
i went to the door and rang the bell. after about thirty seconds, i heard someone at the door. it was a girl, probably in her twenties. she had short and curly red hair, and wore thick glasses. she was dressed in a white shirt and blue sweat pants.
"um, hey...", she said.
i smiled.
"hi... ok, um, well, my friend frankie.. i can't find him, and i though he might be here because he had this", i showed her the paper,"in his drawer"
she took the paper from my hand and adjusted her glasses, closing in on it.
"oh, yeah, frankie... he was here earlier today". she was still looking at the paper.
my stomach sank.
"did he say where he was going? did he seem, i don't know, uneasy or twitchy or something like that?"
she looked at me and frowned in thought.
"no... is everything okay?". she looked behind me, at taryn, then back at me.
"um..."
i looked down at my feet.
"have you been crying?", she asked.
i felt a tear run down my cheek.
"well... um, you see, i stayed with frankie over night, and when i woke up this morning, he was gone. long story short, i found a bloody dead girl in his closet, and i don't know if he's okay or not... i mean, i'm scared you know?"
she covered her mouth in awe.
Sign up to rate and review this story