Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter seven.

by roxnick 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-25 - 540 words - Complete

0Unrated
"oh.. oh my god. around what time did you wake up?", she asked, her voice cracking.
"um, i think it was like... ten?"
she took out a cellphone from her back pocket and started pushing buttons.
"mm, yeah.. no... see?". she held it close to my face.
"what?", i asked.
"this is frankie's number. he called me after he left because he forgot something. that was at nine forty two... how long had your girl been in the closet?"
"i don't think she was in there for long. she was... fresh...", i muttered.
"oh, god... "
"do you have any idea where he is?", i asked, becoming frantic.
"actually, why don't we call him?"
she dialed his number and handed me the phone. it rang.
'answer damn it'
it rang.
'c'mon'
"hello?"
'thank god'
"hey, frankie?"
"penny! how are you sweetie?"
"frankie, i woke up this morning and you weren't there--"
"yeah, i have a bunch of stuff to do for wor--"
"i found a dead girl in your closet frankie! she was bloody and gross and i tried.. to.. help her but.. she was.. dead--"
my own sobs cut me off.
"what?!"
i couldn't stop crying.
"where are you right now?"
the girl had grabbed the phone from me, sorrow in her eyes.
"frankie? it's me, morgan... no, no, it's okay... she's really upset... did you?... oh, okay... for sure, right?... okay, okay!... yeah... i'll keep her... okay... hurry, please... bye"
she hung up the phone. i rubbed my sleeve against my eyes. she motioned taryn to come closer.
"what's her name?", she asked taryn.
"penny... i'm taryn"
"nice to meet you. i'm morgan. so what she says is true?"
"i went to get her this morning, and yeah... it is... she hasn't stopped crying for hours... she's probably just shocked..."
"yeah..."
morgan took me by the hand and sat me on an antique looking couch. she left for a second, coming back with a box of tissues. she sat it on my lap.
"frankie will be here any minute"
"where... is... he?", i said, blowing my nose.
"he's working"
"where does he work, exactly?", taryn asked.
"he produces underground bands. he came over here this morning to get an address to this guy's house... he's another producer... they're trying to get this one band together... whatever, not important"
morgan shrugged.
"who do you think did... it?", taryn said. morgan looked at her, shocked.
"i don't know... but whoever did it is probably trying to frame frankie"
i looked up at her in disbelief.
"some one would try to do that?", i said.
"how well do you know frankie?"
but before i could answer, he was walking in through the door, frantically looking around. as soon as he saw me, he quickly paced over to me and wrapped me in his arms.
"baby...", he said. i couldn't help but cry again. as soon as he touched me, i knew he could never do what i had found this morning. it was impossible. i wouldn't question him for another minute.
frankie looked at taryn.
"what happened taryn?", he asked her.
she smiled, gave out a quick laugh.
"there's a dead girl in your closet, franks. pretty hard to sugar coat it..."
Sign up to rate and review this story