Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Chemical Reaction...an MCR romance

My Chemical Reaction...an MCR romance

by chaosinmotion96 0 reviews

Gerard was everything Vinyl ever wanted, but after a certain night Vinyl's world came crashing down.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-26 - 1438 words

0Unrated
Vinyl unlocked the bathroom stall door and walked up to the sink. The light of this truck stop restuarant was dimly lit, but Vinyl examined herself in the mirror anyway. She saw her dark hair to her mid back, her bangs which like the back were cut straight across and falling right above her eyelashes. Even in the dimly lit restroom Vinyl could see her electric, pale blue eyes gazing back at her, framed by the day befores layer of black eye liner and thick mascara. She sighed at her reflection before pushing the sleeves of her ribcage hoodie down.
Vinyl walked out to the front of the restuarant where her grandmother was standing waiting.
"are you ready Vi? we have to be heading out if we want to get to Jersey by 10" her grandmother sweetly stated. Vinyl nodded and opened the door for her grandmother, while doing so she examined her gram, slender build (mostly good genes but partly hard laborious work), dark blonde hair pulled into a ponytail with a few strands of gray starting to become evident.
They walked to their black subaru outback, which was packed with boxes of shoes, clothing, CD's, and anyting else that they felt didn't need to be on the moving truck they were meeting outside their new home in New Jersey at 10 that morning.
"Vinyl sweetie, we're here" her grandmother said gently while patting Vinyl's shoulder. Vinyl opened her eyes to see a dreary, sad looking white house with a simple brick walkway, green shutters and a matching green door. Vinyl got out of the car and almost felt sorry for the house, she looked around and found the surrounding houses and streets were relatively the same, tired and worn looking buildings and unmaintained streets.
"Now, I know it isn't much now, but wiht a little time we'll have it in tip top shape" her grandmother started to her. They walked onver to the house's driveway which was on the right side (when looking at the house from the street), where the moving truck had parked. There were two overweight movers lowering the ramp when they approached, they began unloading the furniture and taking it into the house, while Vinyl and her grandmother began taking the boxes from the car. Vinyl grabbed a box labeled 'Vi's clothes' and carried it up to the walkway to the house, when she stepped inside she looked around. Dark wooded floors with brownish painted walls, the staircase was to the right of the living room which was around the entrance cubby.
Vinyl climbed the steps and after she reached the top she saw that the hallway was wide and she noticed on each door there was a little green post it note. Vinyl put down the box she was carrying and walked over to one of the notes she smiled to herself as she saw her grandmothers neatly scrawled handwriting on the note ' MY ROOM'. Vinyl smiled to herself before picking up the box and walking down the hall trying to find the note with her name on it. She'd reached the last door and still hadn't seen her name "great!" she sighed. Then as she turned to walk away she saw a little cove to the right with a door at the end with a post it note on it, Vinyl walked up to it and saw her name. Behind the door was a flight of stairs she followed them up to her new attic bedroom. The floor was dark, almost black and the walls were painted crimson red, Vinyl smiled her two favorite colors.
"like it?" Vinyl turned smiling at her grandmother
"I figured you would" her gram said pulling her into a hug.
"This is gonna work" she whispered into Vinyls ear. Vinyl nodded and they pulled away from each other.
"I'm going to go and try to find a grocery store, I'll be back in an hour or so, the movers went on break so you can explore if you wnat" her gram said smiling.
It was half an hour since her gram left and Vinyl noticed it getting darker out, she went to the front porch and saw big black rain clouds hanging overhead, and half their furniture sitting on the lawn. 'Shit' Vinyl exclaimed. She decided to try and get as much into the house as she could before it rained. After half an hour she got a few chairs, some boxes and lamps on the house. "now how is this gonna work?" Vinyl asked herself as she stared at the couch sitting on the grass. She looked up and the clouds were closer, 'might as well try' she thought to herself. First she tried pulling it but to no avail, then she decided to try and push it, so she positioned herself and began pushing. Suddenly her feet slipped on the grass and she began falling into the ground, just before her face made impact with the hard earth, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and pick her up. She turned around to see who saved her, it was a guy. He looked a few years older than her, his hair was shoulder lenght and dyed black, his skin was pale but the thing Vinyl noticed most was his stunning hazel eyes.
"Hey, I saw you across the street, are you okay?" he asked still holding her waitst. "Umm, yeah, thanks" Vinyl said, she stood there akwardly.
"O sorry" he said removing his hands.
"It's okay, my name's Vinyl" She said sticking her hand out.
"I'm Gerard" he said smiling and taking her hand.
"Would you like some help?" Gerard asked.
"Sure" Vinyl said, internally thanking God she didn't have to move the heavy stuff by herself.
They worked for a while and managed to get the last of the things in the hoouse just as the rain began to fall.
"So where are you from?" Gerard asked as they began putting the boxes in the room indicated in marker on the tops of the boxes.
"Erie, Pennsylvania" Vinyl told him.
"Ahh, a country girl" he stated jokingly.
"O yeah" Vinyl laughed.
As they were moving some of the boxes into the kitchen Vinyl's gram walked in carrying a bag of groceries.
"O hey gram, this is Gerard, he helped me move the furniture and stuff after the movers left"
He extended his hand and said "Nice to meet you ma'am" Her gram laughed.
" O hun, call me Maggie"
"Ok" Gerard said.
"So Gerard, where do you live?"
"Across the street"
"that's nice" turning to Vinyl she said,
"now you have a new friend who lives right across the street, isn't that nice Vi?"
"Yeah gram" Vinyl replied.
"So Gerard, would you like to stay for dinner? It's the least we can do for you helping little Vinyl here" Maggie asked. Gerard looked at Vinyl who was slightly blushing at being called little.
"Sure, i just have to go tell my mom where I'm at"
"Ok we'll start dinner"
Gerard left and Vinyl started unpacking the groceries her gram just bought.
"Vinyl, don't fuss with this stuff. You go get a shower and get changed, I'll do all this"
"But gram! There's too much for you to do by yourself, besides I can shower after dinner"
"O my dear Vinyl, when you're older you'll understand. Now go and make yourself presentable for our guest"
Vinyl rolled her eyes and smiled at her gram then walked over and hugged her.
"O gram, you're such a romantic!"
"You better believe it! Now go and please your dear old granny"
With that Vinyl walked to her room to get a shower.
After rummaging through her boxes, Vinyl settled on wearing black skinny jeans with the knees cut out, her hot pink converse high tops, and a loosely fitting black and white horizontal striped tank top that helped show off her arms and shoulders.
When she got out of the shower she blew her hair dry and re-applied her makeup. Then she walked down the stairs of her room and as she pushed to door open and walked out she ran into someone.
"oomph" Vinyl looked up to see someone, Gerard.
"Sorry"
"no it was my fault" Vinyl apologized.
"Your gram sent me up, dinner's ready"
"Ok, thanks"
They walked down and had a fun evening eating and talking. Vinyl found out that Gerard was 22, going to art school (out for summer break), he was singing in a band and other random things. After a few hours Gerard went home and Vinyl went to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story