Categories > Original > Drama > Operation: Gemstone

Chapter Four

by Sarah_Paige 0 reviews

In this chapter it's Jayson vs. Neala round one! We see things from both perspectives, and get a little more on the dorm houses

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-28 - Updated: 2007-11-28 - 1562 words

0Unrated
Hey! Miss me? No? Ah well. Here’s chapter four. There’s bound to be some spelling mistakes or wrong words because my spell checker kept skipping ahead of me. Well enjoy! Review at the end please!

Chapter Four: Headmistress Fourny

“Well Jayson, first off let me introduce myself. I am Headmistress Fourny.” A middle age woman with nondescript features said. She had a medium built and despite her nondescript features she held a commanding presence over the room. “As you know I am headmistress here at St. Martins Secondary School.” She continued, gesturing for Jayson to sit down.

“Let me explain to you the rules hear at St. Martins. We will not tolerate any violence or sexual harassment. We do allow handholding and hugging mind you but no further.” The headmistress began. Jayson tried hard to listen but was soon distracted by the courtyard he could see out the window. All the information his headmistress was reciting was stuff he heard every time he switched schools for a job.

The courtyard held several picnic tables that where sheltered by several large deciduas trees. There where also several flower beds in full bloom and a winding red brick down the center. As much as Jayson hated to admit it- it looked like the private schools in movies.

“I hope you will feel welcome here at St. Martins Secondary School.” Headmistress Fourny finished reaching out to shake Jayson’s hand, a gesture that Jayson returned with a false smile.

“Thank you ma’am.”

*

Jayson lay back on his bed in the Wilson dorm house. It was a simple single bed with dark blue bedding. He was throwing a tennis ball from hand to hand thinking about his encounter with the girls the other day. “The problem will be Neala.” He mumbled absentmindedly.

Jayson stood up and threw a shirt on from the pile in his suitcase before heading to the Wilson dorm lounge. Like all the other lounges in the dorm houses had a plain beige carpet and white walls. It also had a fair size wide screen TV. “Probably thanks to daddy’s money.” Jayson mumbled to himself.

There where several couches and chairs grouped around the TV and smaller tables. Most where leather and in the dorms color, jet black. There where also a few jet black chairs at black desks off to the side against one of the walls. In Jayson’s opinion it was a good lounge.

From the corner of his eye he could see a slightly familiar red head of hair. He took a few steps towards Neala with a smile on his face. Even though he was nervous about talking to the fiery red head his training had taught him how to successfully cover it. As he got closer he noticed that she was wearing dark black jeans that hugged her curves with out being skin tight and a blood red cashmere sweater that hugged her curves much like the jeans.

“Hi, I think we got off on the wrong foot.” Jayson said, being the diplomat. Neala looked at him from over the top of the book she was reading, as if to see if he meant what he said. Jayson tried to appear confident under her intense gaze. But for the first time his training and confidence failed and he looked down first.

“Nope, last time I checked both my feet where ‘correct’ feet.” Neala replied, cold as ice and dripping in sarcasm.

Jayson blinked several times before he turned around and walked away. He could feel Neala smirking at his retreating back. On the other side of the lounge he sat down on a couch facing the TV in defeat.

“Ouch. Don’t worry she shoots everyone down mate.” A boy beside him said his voice heavy with an Australian accent. Jayson looked over at the boy.

He was tanned and looked to be about six feet tall, and was well built. He had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair that was short and messy. Jayson could tell that his farm boy good looks and charisma attitude attracted a lot of female attention.

“Thanks.” Jayson said gratefully. “Jayson Johnston, and ya I know JJ.” He offered a hand for the boy to shake.

“James Clark.” The Australian replied, shaking Jayson’s hand. “Don’t take it to personally, Neala has been like that since she hit puberty. The only people she treats half decently would be her fellow Gemstones.”

“Gemstones?” Jayson asked inquisativly, his training kicking in.

“The four other girls she hangs around with. Esmeralda, Alexandria, Elizabeth and Marie. They are all as bout as different as night and day yet are thick as thieves. No one knows how they came to be friends, just that there as bout as sought after as gemstones. Hence the nick name gemstones.” James explained.

Jayson soaked in the information. He had to wonder if the part about being as sought after as gemstones came from the guys. He had to admit that they where a very attractive bunch.

They couldn’t be completely hated by the girls though, Master Stokes had said that they where on several school teams and committees. Meaning they had to work well with others. ‘That or they are terrifying bullies,’ he joked thinking of Marie’s tiny frame.


*

“Alright girls ready to rise and shine?” Alexi called cheerfully as she conference called her friends. She was greeted by four loud groans, all of them cursing her. The blonde girl laughed happily as she ran a brush through her hair. She had been up for an hour and a half, her friends on the other hand where early risers.

“Come on chicas its seven in the morning and the first day of school, wake up!” She continued her tone light and cheerful.

“Alexandria Maria Wakeman if you wake us up this way every morning the only reason I will wake up is to kick your skinny little blonde ass!” Neala shouted loudly, her Irish accent thick. Alexi held the small phone away from her ear and laughed.

Several loud clicks where all that Alexi heard next, she continued to laugh though. “Any one still there?” She asked hopefully.

“Ya, but only to remind you that you have practice after school Alexi.” Ezzie said in her team captain tone, she was obviously annoyed at being woken up.

“Aye aye captain” The blonde joked before closeting her cell phone and sliding it into a pocket on her burgundy messenger bag. Unlike Marie her bag was not bulging with text books, but as she set it on her shoulder she decided that it wasn’t light either.

*

Neala sat down in her forensic science class and sighed. As usual she had chosen a spot in the middle rows, but off to the side by the windows. She enjoyed sitting in the sun or looking out at whatever weather their was. Her ice cold forest green eyes began to scan the room for any sign of her friends. Already she knew that Ezzie and Alexi wouldn’t be taking the course but she hoped that Beth or Marie might.

As a couple of minutes ticked by an none of her friends came in she began to look for anyone from her dormouse. During the enrolment process at St. Martins you where required to take a personality test-which Neala thought was completely pointless. They used the test to place you in the different dorm houses.

The Van Allen house was supposed to represent those with the strongest of leadership qualities, or so they said. Neala had translated that to meaning they were overly bossy and hated working alone. The McDougall house allegedly held those who where most loyal, meaning in Neala’s opinion that they where pushovers and had to have someone show them how to dress. The Wilson house, her own, was said to be the most strong willed. Neala knew from personal experience that this really meant that they where anally stubborn, loyal to a fault, and hated being the center of attention. The Scott house was said to house the brightest, which in Neala’s opinion heeded no further explanation they where nerds. The last dorm house on campus was the Force house, said to be home to the most reliable. Neala didn’t know many people from the Force house, as they tended to stay behind the scans, but if Beth was any clue they where the glue that held the school together, if a little shy.

Coming to the conclusion that she was to be the only one from her dorm house Neala leaned back in her chair and scanned the crowd for any one she didn’t consider to be a complete moron. If she had to do Ezzie’s silly competition might as well get started as soon as possible. As her eyes fell on the door she had to groan. Walking in was the boy from the other day- Jayson. And he sat down next to her.

This was going to be a long semester.



Well that’s another chapter. Hope you liked it! I don`t know when the next one will be up, physics is being the class from hell. I don`t even want to think about math next semester...

Review Please!

Luv,

Sarah Paige
Sign up to rate and review this story