Categories > Original > Drama > Operation: Gemstone

Chapter Three

by Sarah_Paige 3 reviews

Jayon meets the girls, and poor Beth has her chocolates eaten on her. Oh and some tennis.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-16 - Updated: 2007-11-17 - 1277 words

0Unrated
Welcome back. Thanks to a fair bit of nagging, I’m gonna post this one early. Next time though I’m gonna have to be given time to you know write the chapter. Anyways enough of my complaining/ranting. On with the story!!!

Im not overly proud of this one but hey, it works. Review when your done please (see the little button at the bottom of the page, click it, type in the box, click send. Not hard)

Chapter Three: Tennis Turmoil

Neala hit the ball coming towards her back at Alexi with a smirk on her face. The girls had been playing for about ten minutes and the game had gotten rather intense. Neither team had scored any points yet, as Alexi and Ezzie where to good a pair to let Neala and Beth score, they had been careful not to score themselves as to keep the game interesting.

Marie sat on the sidelines, spread out on a white lounge chair with a clipboard resting on her bare smooth stomach. Unlike the other girls who had changed in to black shorts and various coloured tank tops she was in a jet black bikini. Her choice of clothing had come from knowing that her friends could play for hours, taking only the shortest of breaks. They where all including her quite competitive.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw someone else enter the tennis courts. He was carrying what looked to be a professional racket and a sleeve of balls. He walked over to the practice wall and began to hit the balls he had brought with him against it. Marie continued to watch him, enjoying the fact that he didn’t have a shirt on.

“Hey guys hottie at three o’clock.” She announced quietly as Alexi and Ezzie scored on Neala and Beth. The four girls turned to look. Alexi, Ezzie, and Beth nodded approvingly and Neala just shrugged.

“Meh, just another jock. Probably can’t even spell his own last name with out help.” She said disapprovingly. Her friends groaned.

“Will you ever learn to boy-watch? It’s not like where making marriage plans here.” Ezzie complained as she stretched.

“So who’s up for another game?” Ezzie asked as she finished stretching.

“I’m in.” Neala and Alexi agreed.

“Beth?” The three asked.

“I think I’ll sit this one out guys. Not all of us are full time jocks.”

“Athletes. We are full time athletes. We have brains.” Neala corrected in annoyance. The others laughed.

“Marie?” Ezzie asked sweetly.

“Nope. Comfy.” The three tennis players sighed.

“Oh come on, I need a partner. Have some fun and get your ass kicked by our golden duo.” Neala pleaded playfully.

“You guys need a fourth?” The guy from across the court asked as he walked over to them, racked in hand. His jet black hair was the same shade as Marie’s and was falling in his vivid blue eyes. He was well built and smiling handsomely.

Neala looked around uncomfortably while the other four girls smiled. “Sure you can play with Neala. I hope you don’t mind getting your ass kicked though. I’m Alexandria, you can call be Alexi.” The blonde girl said enthusiastically.

“Jayson.” The boy introduced, shaking Alexi’s hand.

“I’m Esmeralda, Ezzie for short. And you have guts.” Ezzie teased light heartedly shaking Jayson’s hand.

“Elizabeth, Beth will do.”

“Pleased to meet you.”

“Marie thanks for getting me out of another ass kicking.” Marie joked, shaking the black haired boy’s hand. “And Miss-I’m-not going-to-introduce-myself-I’m-just-going-to-glare is your partner Neala.”

“Charmed.” Jayson said, reaching out to shake her hand. Neala took it half-heartedly, not breaking her glare.

“As you should be.” She said shortly.

The four returned to the court and Marie handed Beth the clipboard and settled down to take a nap. They began to play with a heavy sense of competition.

Alexi and Ezzie worked as an almost flawless team as usual, they had been playing as a team for close to eight years and had taken lessons together since they where four. It was not on lack of trying on Jayson’s part though. The teenage boy was trying his best to play with Neala, but the moody girl was not making his job easy. She was glaring at her friends while not hitting anything but the balls that came nearly right at her. Her and Jayson could have made a good team, if she was willing to work with him. Instead she seemed to almost take enjoyment of doing next to nothing and glaring at her friends.

After about twenty minutes, Ezzie and Alexi where beating Jayson and Neala bad enough that the other to girls took pity on the losing team and called the match off. “Good game Jayson.” Ezzie said kindly, shaking his sweaty hand with hers.”

“Thanks, you two play well together.”

“No problem. And we should, we’ve been playing together for about eight years. Were like sisters- except better, less fighting more sleepovers.” Alexi said, cheerfulness ringing through out her voice.

Later that night the girls where gathered outside in Alexi’s back yard. The sky above them was a perfect midnight black, the stars and moon shining brightly. They where all lying on their backs on a blanket; their heads in the center like the spokes on a bicycle.

“Neala why’d you have to be such a jackass to that guy today?” Ezzie asked calmly, tossing a chocolate from the pile beside Beth into her mouth.

“Because I can.” Neala replied shortly, reaching over her head to grab one of Beth’s chocolates.

“Sure about that?” Alexi questioned, popping one of the chocolates in her mouth.

“Do you dare question me? The great and powerful Neala?!?” Neala teased.

“Yes.” They all replied in unison.

“What, so I don’t like strangers, you all know that. And he was just a little too eager to join us...” The teen explained.

“Honey, we where five toned teenage girls in bikinis and tennis skirts, what guy would not be eager to join us?” Ezzie said egocentrically, stretching her arms out and taking another chocolate.

Neala sighed and closed her eyes. Ezzie had made, albeit an egocentric, good point. But it was not what she was talking about. Jayson had seemed to know who they where already...which put the red haired Irish girl on edge. Oh well, she thought, probably just me being paranoid again.

“So anyone else notice that he looked a lot like our Marie?” Beth teased.

“Totally.” Ezzie and Alexi agreed both taking chocolates from Beth’s pile.

“They say everyone has a twin in the world, maybe we found Marie’s.” Alexi suggested as Neala and Marie both snuck another chocolate.

“Fine. But why dose he have to be a guy.” Marie whined.

“Well at least he’s hot. Which I guess makes him one step above you...” Neala teased, popping the chocolate she had snuck in her mouth. Marie glared at her friend before throwing one of the flip flops she had on her feet at her as the others began to laugh.

“I kid, I kid.” Neala gasped through laughter, holding up her hands in mock surrender. “Mostly.” She whispered sarcastically. Marie just threw her other flip flop at her head.

Beth propped herself up ob her elbow and took a look at her significantly smaller pile of chocolate. “You know I could have sworn I brought out more...” She wondered out loud. “Oh well.” She shrugged as the other girls chuckled.

Until next time!!!

Luv,
Sarah Paige
Sign up to rate and review this story