Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 26: How Cruel?

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-29 - Updated: 2007-11-29 - 2793 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 26: How Cruel?

Two months had passed since finding out that Destiny and Patrick were going to have twins. Destiny’s mom moved back and had her own apartment and got her job back at the hospital. Becca was doing good with the pregnancy. She kept Patrick and Destiny informed. They had signed papers that once the baby was born, Becca wouldn’t have any rights.

Patrick walked through the door of their new home. Destiny was resting on the couch and Andrew was taking a nap. “How’s Pete?” Patrick sat down on the couch. “Not good. I’ve never seen him like this. He won’t help Tina with anything related to the baby. He’s scared that he is going to screw up. I mean every guy is scared to be a father, but he’s taking it to the extreme.” “Tina is really worried about him and it’s not doing her any good to worry.” “I know. I talked to her too. She’s basically doing everything on her own with the baby. All we can do is keep talking to him. Anyway, how are you doing?” “Pretty good. Tired though. My mom came by and we unpacked the last few boxes.”

“Okay. Well, I’m going to go downstairs and try to write some music to some of Pete’s lyrics. I’ve been putting it off for too long.” Patrick got up and kissed Destiny on the head. A few hours later Destiny woke up. She went downstairs. Patrick was showing Andrew the sound board. She sat next to them. “How are you feeling?” “Much better.” Just then the phone rang. Destiny went upstairs to answer it, but was too late. Patrick and Andrew came upstairs.

“Who was it?” Patrick asked. “I don’t know. They didn’t leave a message and it’s an unknown call on the caller I.D.” “Whoever it is will call back.” Destiny went to start supper. After supper, Patrick went to clean up and the phone rang. Destiny went to answer it. “Hello.” “Destiny, it’s Mom. I’m glad I got you. I‘m at work.” “What? Is something wrong?” “Yeah, it’s your friend Pete.” “Oh god. What is it?” “He overdosed on ativan. Can Patrick come down? And someone needs to tell Tina. I didn’t want to call her.” “Sure. I’ll call Pat and she can come over and watch Andrew. Patrick will be down in a few minutes. How is, Pete?” “He’s stabilized. That’s all I know.“ Destiny hung up the phone and went to the kitchen.

“Who was it?” Patrick was doing the dishes. “Um, my mom. Patrick, I need to tell you something.” He dried off his hands. “What’s going on?” “It’s Pete. He was brought in the hospital. He overdosed.” “Oh fuck. Is he alright?” “My mom said he was stabilized. That’s all. She wants you to go to the hospital and I’m going to go to Tina’s. Could your mom come over and watch Andrew?” “I’m sure she will. Let me call her and I’m going to go.”

Destiny got Andrew ready for bed while Patrick called his mom. He left after the phone call. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. “Hi Pat. Thank you for coming over.” “It’s no problem. I’m sorry to hear about Pete.” “He hasn’t been the same for awhile. I just don’t know how I’m going to tell Tina. I better go. Andrew is all ready for bed.” “Okay. Tell Tina that I’m thinking about her.” “I will.”

Destiny drove to Tina’s. She was nervous about what to tell her. She knocked on the door. “Hey Destiny. I wasn’t expecting you. I’m getting a little worried about Pete. He left hours ago to go to the store.” Destiny walked in the house. “Let’s go to the living room. I need to tell you something.” “Oh no. Something happened to Pete. Tell me now!” “My mom called from the hospital. He overdosed. He’s in stable condition.” “Pete overdosed. No! Tell me you are lying.” “I wish I was. Patrick is at the hospital. Come on let’s go.” “No, my Pete is going to walk through the door any minute.” Tina was crying. Destiny took her into her arms.

“Sweetie, you need to calm down. It’s not good for the baby.” “Why, Destiny? Why would he do this? I know he wasn’t in a good place, but to do this.” “I don’t know. Let’s get your jacket and go to the hospital.” Destiny got Tina’s jacket and they left for the hospital. Destiny went to the front desk. “I’m looking for Pete Wentz. He was brought in awhile ago.” “He’s on the fifth floor. Room 218.” “Thank you.” Destiny turned around and Tina was holding her stomach. “What’s wrong?” “I think the baby is coming.” “What?” “Ow. Oh god. I need to see a doctor.” Destiny went back to the desk. “My friend needs to see the doctor. She’s almost 9 months pregnant and she thinks the baby is coming.” “Okay.”

A few minutes later an orderly came out. Tina got in a wheelchair and was wheel to the maternity ward. “Destiny, go see Pete for me. I’ll be fine.” “You sure?” “Yes.” “I’ll be up there in a few minutes.” Destiny went to the fifth floor. She seen Patrick in the waiting room. “Hey, where’s Tina?” “She might be in labor.” “This night keeps getting better. Will she be alright?” “She will, but she needs Pete.” “I know.” “How is he?” “He’s sleeping. He woke up when I was here, but won’t talk to me.” “I’m going to see him.” Destiny walked to Pete’s room. He was awake. “Hi, Pete. How are you feeling?” He turned his head away from her. “You need to talk to one of us soon. You have always been there when I couldn’t talk to Patrick. Please say something.” He didn’t say anything. “I hope you are happy with yourself. Tina went into labor. Now she is going to have the baby without you. Do you know what you are doing to her? She loves you so much. She would do anything for you.”

Pete looked at Destiny. “She’s in labor. I need to get out of here.” Pete said hoarsely. He sat up. “No, sit back down. She was having some pains. She may not even be in labor.” “I’m sorry, Destiny. I don’t know what is wrong with me. I love Tina and the baby. It’s like there is so much going on in my head.” “Well, you need to clear it up and be a man. Your girlfriend is having a child and may have it alone and you are going to be a father. You need to be strong for that baby.” “But I‘m so lost right now. I don‘t know what to think anymore. Thoughts keep running through my mind all the time. I want to be a good father and a good husband when the time comes. But can I? Can I really?”

Destiny looked at Pete. “You won‘t be the perfect father or husband. None of are. Do you know how much I regret what I did to Patrick and Andrew? You just need to do the best you can do.” Pete smiled at her. “Destiny, thank you. You always know what to say to me. It’s going to be hard to face my demons, but I need to for my child and for Tina. I know I need to get my ass in gear. I guess I just needed to hit rock bottom. Can you go and see Tina? I want to know how she is.” “Sure. And talk to Patrick. He’s worried too.” “Tell him to come in here.”

Destiny walked out and told Patrick that Pete wanted to see him. She then went up to the maternity ward. The showed her to the room where Tina was. “I’m definitely in labor.” She looked down at her hands. “How’s Pete?” “At first he wouldn’t talk to me. I think he’s going to be alright. He loves you.” “Funny way of showing it.” “Tina, you know he wasn’t happy. Some people go through hard times and can’t straighten themselves out the right way. He is learning from this.” “I guess. I just wanted him here for this.” “I know. How are you feeling?” “Actually not too bad. They said it may be awhile. I think I’m going to rest. Why don’t you go home and I’ll call if anything happens.” “You sure?” “Yeah.”

Destiny went to Pete’s room. “How is she doing?” “She is in labor, but it might be awhile. She told me to go home and she’ll call me.” “I want to see her.” “You need to stay here. Maybe in a little bit you can go and see her. We’ll be back later. If you need anything, you can call us.” Patrick said. “Thanks for everything.” Destiny and Patrick went home. They went to bed and Pat stayed the night so she could take care of Andrew. Around 6am the phone rang. “Destiny, I need you. The pains are getting really bad.” “Alright. I’ll be there.” Destiny and Patrick got up and they both got ready.

When they got to the hospital they both went up to Tina’s room. They stopped as they got to the door. Pete was sitting by Tina’s side holding her hand. “Should we go in?” Destiny whispered to Patrick. “Yeah.” They walked into the room. “How is everything?” Destiny asked. Tina looked at Pete. “Better now. I’m all the way dilated. Just waiting to push. Will you two stay?” “Of course. We’ll go to the waiting room. Good luck.” Destiny gave Tina and Pete a hug. “Glad you could be here.” Patrick said to Pete. “It took some convincing.” Patrick and Destiny went to the waiting room. “Do you think Pete is going to be ok?” Destiny asked Patrick. “I think he might. I just hope he never does anything this stupid again.”

A hour went by and then two. Destiny fell asleep with her head in Patrick’s lap. Patrick seen Pete walking down the hallway. “Destiny, wake up.” She sat up. Pete walked into the waiting room. “Hey guys.” “Well?” Patrick asked. “I have a son.” “Congratulations. How is Tina?” “She’s doing alright. Really tired.” “What’s his name?” Destiny asked. “James Kingston Wentz.” “Can we see him?” “Yeah, he’s in the nursery.” They all walked down the hall and got to the nursery. “There he is.” “Oh my gosh, look at all that hair. He’s a cutie. How are you doing?” Destiny looked at Pete. “I’m doing good. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m sorry. I feel so bad for worrying Tina and you all. I’m just glad James is doing good.” “That’s good. He looks really healthy.” “Tina wants to see you, Destiny.” “Okay. Congratulations again Pete.” He smiled at her.

Destiny walked to Tina’s room. Tina had her eyes shut. “Tina, are you awake?” Destiny whispered. Tina opened her eyes. “Hi, did you see him?” “Yes, I did. He looks like Pete. Poor thing.” “That’s the father of my son you are talking about.” “I’m just teasing. He has so much hair.” “I know. I love him so much already.” “I felt the same way about Andrew. They put him in my arms and I knew what love at first sight was. How are you feeling?” “Tired. Why don’t you and Patrick go home and come back later. I want to rest for a little bit and I know Pete needs to get back to his room. He’s not going to like it.” “Okay. If you need anything, just call.” “Thank you for everything.” “Anytime.”

Destiny walked to the nursery. Pete and Patrick were talking. “How is she?” Pete asked. “Just fine. She said for us to go home and you need to get back to your room.” “Is she nuts? I’m not leaving.” “I don’t think that’s for you to decide. Just do it, Pete. For Tina and James. Maybe the doctors won’t have you under a watch.” “Your right. I just don’t want to leave them.” “Later on I’ll see if I can talk to your doctor and see if you stay with us, they won’t put you on a hold.” “Thanks, Patrick. I’d appreciate that. See you guys later.” Pete went to his room. “Ready?” “I’m kinda getting tired too. It’s been a long night and day.” Destiny said. Patrick took Destiny’s hand in his and they walked to the car.

When Patrick and Destiny got home Pat was up with Andrew. “How is Tina and Pete?” “Pete will be fine and Tina had a baby boy. His name is James.” Patrick said. “That’s good. Was Pete there for the birth?” “Yeah. He’s really excited. I think he was just nervous, but he didn’t know what to do.” “At least he’s doing better. Why don’t you and Destiny rest and I’ll take Andrew home with me.” “Thanks mom.” Destiny got some things together for Andrew and gave it to Pat. “We’ll see you later. Have fun with grandma.” “I will, mommy. See you later, daddy.” Andrew and Pat left.

Destiny was picking up the toys in the living room when Patrick came behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “You should be resting.” Destiny turned in his arms. “I just wanted to get some things picked up. Will you come with me?” “Of course.” Destiny took Patrick’s hand and led him to the bedroom. Destiny took off her shirt and jeans and was about to put on some pajama pants. “Hey, wait.” “What?” I just noticed how big you are getting. I mean I knew you were, but you really are getting big.” “Thank you so much, Mr. Stump. You know how to make a girl feel real good about herself.” “It’s a good thing.” He put his hands on her stomach. “When do you think I can feel them?” “Soon. I thought I felt something the other day, but it was nothing.” “Tell me as soon as they start kicking.” Destiny laughed.

They got into bed and Destiny fell asleep in Patrick’s arms. A few hours later Destiny woke up. She reached for Patrick, but he wasn’t there. She wiped the tears away. She had another nightmare about Josh. She quietly made her was to the bathroom and washed her face. Patrick thought she stopped having the dreams. She opened the bathroom door. “There you are?” “Um, yeah. Did you want something?” “Are you alright?” “Of course.” “Your eyes look red. Were you crying?” “No, don’t be silly. I just woke up.” “Okay. I thought we would go out and get something to eat and then go to the hospital.” “That sounds good. I’d like to get out.” “Are you sure your alright?” “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Just then Destiny passed out. Patrick caught her and took her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. “Destiny, wake up honey.” He ran to the bathroom and got a cold washcloth. He went back to the bedroom and laid it on Destiny’s forehead. “Baby, wake up.” Patrick reached for the phone and dialed 911. “What’s your emergency?” “My fiancée passed out. She’s almost 6 months pregnant with twins.” He gave her the address. “Has she been drinking or doing any drugs?” “Of course not. She was laying down and went to the bathroom and then she passed out.” “Has she been sick?” “No, we’ve been under some stress though.” Just then there was a knock on the door. “Oh, the EMT’s are here now.” Patrick went downstairs and let the EMT’s inside. He waited downstairs. A few minutes later they had Destiny on a stretcher. “How is she?” “We don’t know yet. We are taking her to the hospital.” “Okay.” Patrick ran to his car and drove to the hospital, not know what was going to happen to his family.
Sign up to rate and review this story