Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 27: Old Demons

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-11 - Updated: 2007-12-11 - 1612 words - Complete

0Unrated


Patrick got into his car and made it to the hospital in fifteen minutes. He got to the front desk. The receptionist was talking on the phone. “Yes, I know. But Logan is a great guy.” “Um, I need,” Patrick said. “Just a minute.” The receptionist said to him. “You need to ask him out.” She said into the phone. “Look,” Patrick slammed his hand on the desk. “My girlfriend was brought in and I don’t know where the fuck she is or if she is alive of if my children are alive. Get off the fucking phone and tell me where to find her.” Patrick yelled. “I need to go.” She hung up the phone. “What did you say your girlfriend’s name is?” “I didn’t. Her name is Destiny Michaels.” “She is still in the Emergency room. Go right through those doors.” “Thank you.”

Patrick went through the double doors. “How can I help you?” “My girlfriend was brought in. Destiny Michaels.” She was looking through the computer. “Okay. She is in exam room 115.” “What’s wrong with her? Is she okay?” “You’ll have to ask the doctor. She did wake up, but she is sleeping right now. Let me show you to the room.” Patrick followed the nurse. “There you go. A doctor should be in, in a few minutes.”

Patrick walked in the room and stood by Destiny’s bed. “Hey sweetheart. You always know how to worry me. You have to be alright. I love you so much.” He took her hand and kissed it. He rubbed her stomach and felt one of the babies kick. Patrick got a smile on his face. “Did you feel that? The baby kicked me. Come on, Destiny. You have to wake up. I need you and the babies and Andrew need you.” “Hello, are you a relative of Ms. Michaels?” “Um, well not yet. I’m her fiancée.” “Close enough. I’m Doctor Benson. Everything with Destiny is going well. She was dehydrated. Right now we are giving her fluids through an I.V.” “Will she be alright?” “Yes, I do want to keep her overnight.” “How are the babies?” “They are doing just fine. We did an ultra sound and they are moving and doing well. I would like to do another ultra sound tomorrow. Just to make sure things are looking good. Like I said though everything is going well. In about a hour we will move Destiny into a regular room.” “Alright. Thank you.” The doctor left Patrick alone with Destiny.

He walked back over to her. “Everything is going to be fine, babe. I love you.” He kissed her lips. Destiny opened her eyes. “Patty.” ‘Did I wake you?” “Yeah. Where am I?” “Don’t you remember? You passed out at the house.” “Oh, I remember getting up and talking to you.” “Right after you passed out.” “How are the babies?” “Good. Actually one of them kicked me.” “What?” “Yeah, I had my hand over your stomach and the baby kicked my hand.” Destiny smiled at Patrick. “Why did I pass out?” “You were dehydrated. They are giving you fluids now. And they want to keep you overnight.” “Alright.” “Destiny, are you doing ok? You don’t seem yourself?” “I haven’t told you something.” “What is it? You know you can tell me anything.” Patrick sat on the bed and took her hands.

Destiny looked into Patrick’s eyes. “I’m still having the nightmares. They are so real. I don’t know what to do.” Patrick kissed her hands. “I know. I watch you when you sleep and have seen that your not sleeping well. I want you to see someone. You can’t go on like this. It’s not good for you or the babies. I can’t leave you when I go on tour when you are having nightmares and you aren’t sleeping.” “Patrick, I just don’t want to talk about it. It brings back all the bad memories of betraying you.” “I don’t care. I want you to see a therapist. You should of right away. Josh had no right to hurt you. He’s still hurting you. Can’t you see that. You are never going to get away from him if you don’t get the help.”

The doctor came in. “Hello Ms. Michaels, how are you feeling?” Patrick stood up. “I’m doing better.” “Good. I want to keep you over night. Just to get fluids into you and do another ultra sound tomorrow. Everything is looking good though. In a few minutes they are going to move you to room 256.” “Alright.” “I’ll check on you later this evening. If you need anything ask one of the nurses.” The doctor left. “Patrick, can you see Tina for me? And tell her what happened.” “Sure. We aren’t done talking about this.” “Yes, we are.” “Destiny,” “Patrick, please go and see her.” Patrick sighed and left to go to the maternity ward.

Patrick walked into Tina’s room. “Hi Tina, how are you doing?” “Good. They just took James back in the nursery. Where’s Destiny?” Patrick sat down. “When we went home we both took a nap and when she got up from hers she passed out.” “Oh no. Is she alright.” “Yeah, everything is fine. She was just dehydrated. They want to keep her overnight. Has she told you anything with what happened with Josh?” “Um, yeah. So she finally told you.” “Yeah, she’s having nightmares. When she found out she was pregnant she started getting them. She is still having them, but won’t see anyone. I don’t know what to do.”

“Do you want me to talk to her?” “I don’t know. I’m scared for her health and the babies. She still has 3 months to go. Plus Becca is going to have the baby any day.” “I’ll talk to her soon. And you keep talking to her.” “I will. God, If that asshole was around I’d like to kill him.” Patrick walked to the window. “Patrick, you can’t think like that either. I mean, yeah I’d love to, too.” “I know. It’s just that I didn’t do anything. I believed that she was pregnant with Josh’s baby. How fucked up is that?” “You didn’t know. Both of you can’t live in the past. You have a beautiful son and soon three more children to love.” “I know. I just feel that this isn’t over.” “What do you mean?” “I mean, what if he is still alive?” “Who? Josh?” “Yeah, what if he faked his own death?” “Okay. I think you need to talk to someone not Destiny.” “Listen to me. When he died, they said it was in the line of fire and then said it was a helicopter crash. And then there was no body. Destiny told me that when she went to get his things there was nothing. Just a picture of Andrew and a booty she gave him when she was pregnant. Doesn’t that seem a little odd?”

“What do you mean no body? I was there. There was a casket.” “Destiny told me that when she went to sign some papers and things they told her that there was no body. She went to his father and then he took care of everything.” “That does sound weird. I don’t know, Patrick. Don’t be looking for something that isn’t there.” “My mind is working overtime and I just want her to be alright.” “We all do. Why don’t you go back to her. I’m doing good and Pete is coming for a visit in a hour.” “You sure?” “Yes. Go.” “Bye.” Patrick kissed Tina on the cheek and left to go back to Destiny.

Patrick walked to Destiny’s room. “Hey Destiny, I didn’t know if you would be here yet?” “Just got here. How is Tina?” “Good. Pete is coming to visit her in a little bit. How are you doing?” “Okay.” Patrick sat on the bed. “Sweetheart, are you mad at me?” “I just wish you would drop the whole Josh and nightmare thing.” “I’m sorry. I care about you so much. Actually, Tina and I were talking and I was thinking about some things.” “Oh great. What now?” “You told me that when you went to get Josh’s body that it wasn’t there.” “Yeah, they said they made a mistake. They told me he was caught in the line of fire, but it was a helicopter crash and that there was no body. I guess there was a fire or explosion. Why?” “Then why have a casket?” “I don’t know. His parents did all that. What are you getting at?” “I don’t know. It might be nothing.” “Tell me.” “What if he is still alive?” Destiny just stared at Patrick. “Well, what if he is?” “I think I need to get you a psy evaluation?” “Tina said I was the one who needed to see someone. I’m sorry. I guess I’m just trying to figure out why you are having the nightmares and want to help you so much.” Destiny placed her hand on Patrick’s cheek. “He’s dead. Don’t think that he is alive. How could he have faked his own death. Especially being in Iraq.” “Your right. Let’s talk about something else.” Patrick had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something wasn’t right.
Sign up to rate and review this story