Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 28: Ghost Of You

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-11 - Updated: 2007-12-11 - 2548 words - Complete

0Unrated


Patrick went to the hospital and walked to Destiny’s room. She was sitting on the bed, dressed and ready to leave. “Hi, babe.” He kissed her. “Are you ready to leave?” “Yeah, I just want to go home. First though, I want to see Tina.” “Sure. I need to see Pete and what they have decided.” “Why don’t you go and see Pete and I’ll go to Tina.” Destiny walked to the maternity ward and went to Tina’s room. Tina was holding James. “Hi Tina.” “Oh Destiny. How are you doing?” Destiny sat down. “Better. A little tired.” “I’m glad you are doing good. Patrick was worried about you.” “I know. Anyway, how is the little one?” “Really good. We are going home tomorrow. They don’t know if Pete should yet. I know Patrick is trying to get him to go home.” “I hope he gets to go home with you. You know you can stay at our house.” “I know, but I want my boyfriend with me and our child.” Tina started to cry. Destiny got up and hugged her.

“It’s going to be alright.” “I know. I’ve been crying at everything. It’s the hormones.” “I thought it was bad when I was pregnant.” “I know. After Andrew was born I cried for a week after.” Patrick walked in. “I have some good news.” “Pete can come home?” “Yes, he has to check in at the mental health clinic twice a week, see a psychiatrist and therapist every other week. But he’s going home with you and James tomorrow.” “Really?” “Really.” “Oh Patrick. Thank you for everything. If you need anything we are here for you.” “It’s no problem. I think the best place for Pete is with you and James.” Tina smiled and looked down at James. “Daddy, is coming home with us tomorrow.” Destiny stood up. “Is it alright if we leave? I want to go home.” “Oh, sure. You take care of yourself.” “I will. And you take care of James.” Destiny hugged Tina and went to the door. “Bye Tina. Take care.” Tina pulled Patrick down and whispered into his ear. “Watch her. She’s not herself.” He looked at Tina. “Take care of her, Patrick.” “I will.”

Patrick went out and took Destiny’s hand. “Ready to go home?” “Yeah.” They drove in silence. Patrick parked the car and turned to Destiny. “Do you want to tell me what is wrong?” “Nothing.” Destiny started to open the door. “Dest, something is wrong. Why won’t you tell me?” Destiny looked at Patrick. Tears started running down here cheeks. “I’m scared, Patty. Why am I having these dreams?” Patrick took her into his arms. “I don’t know. I wish I could take the dreams from you. I want you happy.” "I know you do. They are so real sometimes. Like Josh is right there." He kissed the top of her head. Destiny sat in the car crying in Patrick’s arms. After a few minutes Destiny sat up and wiped her eyes. “Do I look okay?” “Do you want the truth?” “There’s my answer.” “If my mom says anything I’ll come up with an answer. Come on, Andrew has missed you. He’ll make you forget the dreams.”

Destiny and Patrick walked into the house. Patricia and Andrew were in the living room. “Hey mom. We’re home.” “Destiny, how are you feeling?” “Pretty good. Glad to be home.” “I’m sure you are. Andrew has been asking about you.” “I missed him too. I’m going to go see him. Thanks for everything.” “No problem.” Destiny went to the living room. “How is she really?” “I have no idea. Ever since she passed out she’s not the same. I don’t know what to do. She won’t talk to me. She’s been having some nightmares and I wonder if that has something to do with it.” “If the dreams seem real, it might. I know when your dad and I got divorced I had nightmares of him taking you and Kevin away from me and that I would never see you again. I would stay awake all night sometimes watching you and your brother sleep.” “It might be the problem. I just need to talk to her.” “Well, I’m going to go. If you need anything just call.” “Thanks, mom. Drive safe.”

Patrick walked to the living room. Andrew was sitting by Destiny on the couch. She was reading him a book. Patrick sat next to Andrew. After she read the book Andrew went to color. Patrick looked at Destiny. “What?” “I don’t know. I’m just worried.” “Don’t be. I’ll be fine.” “I hope so.” “Stop it, Patrick.” “I can’t help it that I worry about you. What would you do in my position?” “Probably the same thing.” She smiled at him. “How are the babies?” “Good.” She put her hands on her stomach. They have been moving more each day. I think it has finally hit me that there are two babies in there.” “Well, you better get use to it. They will be here before we know it.” “I know. Have you heard from Becca at all?” “No, I should give her a call.” “Why don’t you call her now. I’m going to put Andrew down for a nap.”


Destiny took Andrew to his room and Patrick called Becca. “Becca, It’s Patrick. How are you doing?” “I’ve been better. I’m tired all the time and can’t do anything. I want this baby out.” “Did the doctor say anything about when the baby will come?” “No, I had an appointment the other day and he said things are looking good and it might be soon.” “Okay. Keep in contact with us. You are staying with your sister, right?” “Yeah. Don’t act like you care.” “Stop it. I care about our child.” “I’ll call you if anything happens. I have to go.” “Bye.” Destiny came back to the living room. “Well, what did she say?” “The doctor says she is ready and it might be soon.” “Alright. We have almost everything done. Could you put up the bassinet soon?” “Sure. I’ll do that today.” “Could I lay down?” “Yeah, you don’t have to ask. Did you get something to eat?” “Yes, I just had a sandwich.” “Anything else?” “Patrick, I’m full. I’ll have some fruit when I get up.” “I’m going to lay down too. I didn’t sleep well with you in the hospital.” He wrapped his arms around her waist. “Your not mad at me anymore?” “I was never mad at you. Upset with you, but not mad. I know you worry. I’m sorry.” “I’ll try and not worry so much. I’m not going to say I will, but I’ll try.” He kissed her nose.

A few hours later Destiny awoke. For once she didn’t have a nightmare. She heard Patrick in the nursery. “When is the baby coming home?” “I don’t know yet. Should be soon though. Are you excited?” “Yeah, but I don’t understand. Mommy has two babies in her belly and Becca has a baby. Won’t Becca be the mommy?” “Sort of. She will have the baby, but your mommy is going to be the real mommy. Does that make any sense to you?” Patrick took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair. “Um, not really.” Patrick put down the screwdriver and took Andrew in his arms. He placed him on his lap. “Okay, let see if I can think of a better way. Your mom is going to have two babies. And Becca is going to have a baby. Becca is the mommy, but she isn’t going to raise the baby. So your mommy is going to be raising the baby with us. And be the mommy. This isn’t coming out right at all, is it?” “I think I understand. Becca is having the baby, but mommy is the mommy.” “Yeah, something like that.”

Patrick looked up and seen Destiny leaning in the doorway. “How long have you been standing there?” “A few minutes.” She had a smile on her face. “And you couldn’t help me?” “Your cute when you don’t know how to answer and your struggling.” “Yeah, real cute.” Destiny walked over and sat next to Patrick. “What are you doing?” “Putting the bassinet together. Almost done. Andrew has been helping out a lot.” Andrew smiled at Destiny. “My mom called and invited us over for supper. Your mom and Kevin and his girlfriend are going to be there.” “Sounds like fun. I’m going to get ready.” She kissed Patrick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She just got out of the hospital.” “How is she?” “She was dehydrated. She is doing good. There is something else.” “What?” “She’s pregnant.” “What the hell? It’s his, isn’t it?” “Yeah, but she’s having twins.” “I need to see her.” “Not yet.” “Why the fuck not! I’m sick of this. She’s mine. Not his!” “Josh, settle down. I don’t want to lose you to her again.” “I don’t know why I came to you and dad first. I should of went to my wife.” “Maybe then you shouldn’t of faked your death. Why did you do it, Josh?” “I couldn’t handle the death and everything. Destiny, Andrew and I were going to get away. The military wouldn’t of found me.” “Did you really believe that? You are so stupid sometimes. I’m ashamed that you are my son.” She slapped him. “Give it more time and then you can see her.” She walked out of the room

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





~Two Weeks Later~

“Destiny, I’m taking Andrew to my mom’s. I’ll come back for you and then we can go to the hospital together.” Becca had just called them to say she was in labor. “Alright, I’m going to take a quick shower.” Patrick left with Andrew. Destiny turned on the water and took off her robe. She tested the water and stepped into the shower. She started to wash her hair and heard a bang. “Patrick, are you still here?” She yelled. There was no answer. She continued to wash her hair. After finishing up, Destiny got out of the shower. She dried off and got dressed. While fixing her hair in the bedroom, she noticed a picture on the dresser. She picked it up. It was a picture of her, Josh, and Andrew. “Oh my god.”

She heard the front door shut. “Destiny, are you almost ready?” Patrick yelled upstairs. “Can you come here.” She continued to look at the picture. “Yeah, what do you need?” “This.” She showed him the picture. “What?” “I haven’t had any pictures of Josh out for months. What’s going on?” “Baby, I didn’t bring it out.” She sat on the bed. “Patrick, when I was in the shower I heard a noise. You don’t think, no, I can’t,” “What? That Josh is alive?” “Yeah. I think you’ve gotten to me. Someone was here.” Patrick sat next to her. “Are you sure?” “I’m positive. I heard something and then this shows up.” “Do you think we should call the police?” “They’ll laugh at me. Probably think I’m some crazy pregnant woman.” “Your not crazy. Let’s just wait then. I don’t want you going out by yourself and make sure you lock the doors. I thought I did, but I must of forgotten when I left with Andrew.” “Let’s go. I don’t want to think about this anymore.” “Are you alright?” “Yes, anytime I’m with you, I’m alright.” Patrick kissed her. “I love you.” “I love you too, Patty I’ll always love you.”

Patrick and Destiny went to the hospital. They walked to the maternity ward and went to Becca’s room. “Hi, Becca. How are you feeling?” Patrick asked. “How the hell do you think I’m feeling?” “Becca, not here, not now. Let’s be civilized for once.” “I have to have a C-section. The baby is breech. In about a hour they are going to take me to the OR.” “Would you like me to go with you?” “Um, yeah. If that’s alright. I know things haven’t been good between us, but I’m scared.” Destiny went to Becca. “Everything will be fine. The doctors do this everyday.” “Thank you, Destiny. I know things will go alright. Just nervous.” A few minutes later a nurse came in to tell Becca what would happen. Destiny went to the waiting room.

Patrick put on some scrubs the nurse gave him and waited outside of the OR. A few minutes later he was told to come in. He sat on a chair next to Becca. “Patrick, I’m sorry things didn’t work out between us. I know this isn’t what you wanted.” “I’m sorry too. I should of never carried on so long with you when I loved Destiny. It wasn't fair to you.” “You and Destiny will have a long life together. You have loved her for so long. Once I heal I’m going to New York. My brother and his wife live there. I have an appointment with a modeling agency. I know I sound self centered, but there is no way I could take care of a child. Thank you for taking care of our child.” There was something in the look of Becca’s eyes, but Patrick didn’t pay any attention. “Okay Becca, you are going to feel some pressure.” The doctor said. A minute later there was a cry. “Oh my god.” Patrick said. “You have a boy.” They took the baby to clean him off. Patrick went over to take some pictures. “How is he?” “Just fine. We are going to take him up to the nursery if you want to come with us.” “Sure.”

Patrick went to Becca. “Are you going to be alright?” “Yeah. Go be with your son. Patrick, take care of him.” “I will.” Patrick followed the nurse and the baby. Once they got to the nursery he ran to the waiting room. “Destiny, we have a son.” She got up and hugged him. “How is he?” “Great. He’s got brown hair and brown eyes. Let’s go and see him.” Patrick and Destiny walked hand in hand to the nursery. The nurse was washing the baby. “We need a name.” Patrick said. “We were thinking about Nathaniel David. Do you still want to go with that name?” “Yeah, he looks like a Nathan.” “Would you like to hold him?” The nurse asked Destiny. “Yes, of course.” The nurse handed the baby to Destiny. “Hey Nathan. I’m your mommy. I love you.” She looked up at Patrick. “You were right. I do love feel a connection. I‘m really his mommy.” She smiled at Patrick.

Sign up to rate and review this story