Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 29: The Truth Hurts Worse Than Anything

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-13 - Updated: 2007-12-14 - 2565 words - Complete

0Unrated
Destiny was putting Nathan in the baby carrier and Patrick was signing some paperwork. “There you go. All bundled in.” “Are you two ready?” “Yeah. Did Becca leave already?” “I checked with her sister. She left this morning and is going to New York.” “Alright. We are ready.” Patrick took the carrier and Destiny took the diaper bag. Once they got home, Patricia opened the door. “Where’s my grandson?” “Can we get in the house first?” “Sure.” She smiled at Patrick. Patrick set the carrier down and took Nathan out and handed him to his mom. “He’s so cute.” Destiny sat down with Andrew.

“I think he might be hungry. Patrick, do you want to get a bottle?” Destiny asked. “Sure.” He went to the kitchen. “How are you doing?” “I’m doing alright. Kinda tired. The next three months are going to be slow. I don’t know how we are going to take care of the three babies. I’m getting scared now.” “You and Patrick will be able to do it and you have me and your mom.” “I know. It’s just a little overwhelming at times.” Patrick came back with the bottle. “Do you want to feed him?” He asked his mom. “Sure.” The doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” Patrick got up and answered the door. It was Destiny’s mom. “Hi Patrick.” “Hi. How are you doing?” “Good. I wanted to see how you all are doing and I brought some food for you.” “Thank you. Destiny and my mom are in the living room.” “Alright.” “Hi mom.” Destiny said. “How is Nathan doing?” “Good. He’s eating now.”

“Would you like to hold him?” Patricia asked. “Of course.” “Mommy, can I hold Nathan?” “You are a little young. Maybe later when daddy can help you.” “Okay.” Andrew went back to coloring. The phone rang and Destiny went to answer it. “Hello? Is anybody there?” “Destiny.” She dropped the phone. Patrick went to her. “Who was it? Baby, are you alright. You are all white.” “It was him.” She whispered. “Are you sure? What did he say?” “Yes, I’m sure. He just said my name.” “I’m calling the police.” Patrick reached for the phone. She grabbed his arm. “No, please. He hasn’t really done anything.” “Hasn’t done anything? He faked his death, came into our home, and now calling. I’m worried about you and Andrew and now we have Nathan. And what about the babies you are carrying?” “Please, Patrick. Let’s just forget this for now. We just came home with our son. He hasn’t done anything.” “Yet. Damn, Destiny. What are you going to wait for, until he hurts one of us?” “Now stop it. You are jumping to conclusions. I’m not going to stand here and listening to this.” She walked back to the living room.

“Is everything alright?” Patricia asked. “Yeah, wrong number. I think I should put this guy down for a nap. Andrew, why don’t you ask daddy to get you something to eat and it will be time for your nap too.” “Okay.” Andrew ran to the kitchen and Destiny took Nathan to the bedroom and put him in the bassinet. “Sleep well, love.” She went back out to the living room. “I’m going to leave.” Patricia said. “You all need to settle in.” “Yeah, I’m going to leave too.” “If you need anything call us.” “We will. Thank you.” She hugged both Patricia and her mom.

Patrick came to the living room. “Destiny, I’m sorry about before. I’m just worried. And there is another thing we haven’t thought about.” “What now?” “If Josh is alive, which I’m assuming he is, we can’t get married.” She looked at Patrick. She sat down. “Your right. I’ll need to get a divorce, but how can I do that with him supposedly dead.” “I don’t know. Why don’t I go and talk to his parents?” “No, you can’t. You don’t know his mother.” “I want to marry you and I can’t, if he is still alive.” “Just give it more time. Maybe he’ll call again.” “Then what? The man is crazy. I don’t want to take a chance of him hurting you.” Destiny put her head in her hands. “Please. Can’t you drop this for a second. I have a splitting headache because you keep talking about this.” “Mommy, are you and daddy fighting?” She turned around. “No, Andrew. Come here.” He sat on Destiny’s lap. “We are just talking about something. Everything is fine. Why don’t you brush your teeth and get into bed. I’ll be in to tuck you in.” “Alright. See you later, daddy.” “Have a good nap.”

After Andrew left Patrick walked to Destiny. He took her hands and brought her up to him. “I’m sorry. I’m just so worried about you. Please understand me. I love you so much and I lost out on you and Andrew for those years. I couldn’t live with myself if I lost you again.” He hugged her. “I love you.” “Patty, nothing is going to happen to me.” “I wish I could believe that. I really do.” He kissed her on the lips. Just then Nathan started crying. “Why don’t you go check on Nathan and I’ll put Andrew to bed.” Destiny said.

A few weeks later Patrick went back in the studio to finish the album. Destiny was home with Andrew and Nathan and was doing fine. Nathan was a calm baby. Would only cry when hungry or wet. “Destiny, I’m leaving now. If you need anything just call.” “Alright. We’ll be fine.” “And don’t go out.” “Patty, stop it. We might go to the park.” “Destiny, why can’t you listen to me about this?” “I can’t keep Andrew inside all the time. We’ll just go for a short time.” “Alright. Call me when you get home.” “I will.” She kissed him. “Have a good day. I love you.” “I love you too. Take care of the boys.” Patrick walked out the door.

“Andrew, do you want to go to the park?” “Yeah. We haven’t been there for a long time.” “Go get your shoes and I’m going to put Nathan in his carrier.” Destiny got Nathan and buckled him in the baby carrier and then helped Andrew with his shoes. She got the stroller and put the carrier on top. “Ready?” “Yep.” They walked a few blocks to the park. Andrew went to play and Destiny sat on the bench. A few minutes later, Nathan started fussing. “What’s wrong, baby?” She got him out of the carrier. “I bet you are hungry.” Destiny got a bottle and started to feed him.

Someone sat next to her. She looked over. “Josh! What, what,” She almost dropped Nathan. Josh reached out to help her. “Don’t touch him. Don’t touch me. What the hell are you doing? You are suppose to be dead.” “I couldn’t take it anymore. Things were really bad there.” “What do you want?” “I want us to be a family again.” “Are you kidding me? Can’t you see I’m pregnant? And have a new baby. Andrew knows Patrick is his father.” “But you are mine.” “I’m not. We got married only because I didn’t know what to do. You said it would be in name only. Don’t do this. I want a divorce.” “Destiny, I’ll make it up to you.” “No, I’m going to file today. I’m marrying Patrick.” “I won’t sign anything. You and Andrew are mine.” “We are not. Andrew is nothing to you. Can’t you get that through your head.”

Destiny put Nathan in the carrier. “Can’t you leave me alone. I don’t want anything to do with you.” Josh grabbed Destiny’s arm. “Let go of me.” She looked up at him. “Please, Josh. You’re hurting me.” He let go of her arm. “We can work things out.” “How? By you hurting me. Do you realize what you did to me.” Andrew came running over to Destiny. “Mommy, I’m hungry.” “Okay, sweetie.” “Hi Andrew. Do you remember me?” “Uh, yeah. You’re my angel daddy. What are you doing here?” “Let’s go Andrew.” Destiny sat up and started to push the stroller and took Andrew’s hand. “This isn’t over, Destiny. I want to talk more.” She just kept on walking.

Once they got home Destiny changed Nathan and put him down for a nap. “Mommy, why was my daddy at the park?” “He’s not your daddy. Please don’t say anything to your daddy. He wouldn’t want to know who we seen.” “But he might. He would be happy that the angel daddy is here.” “No honey. He wouldn’t.” The phone rang. Destiny answered. “Hello?” “I thought you were going to call?” “Patrick. I, I,” She started crying. “Baby, what is it? What happened.” “Nothing. I’m sorry. These stupid hormones.” “Come on, I know you. What’s up?” Destiny sighed. “It’s nothing. Honest.” “Alright. I believe you. How are the boys?” “Good. Just about to get some lunch for Andrew and Nathan is taking a nap.” “Okay. I’ll be home late, but if you need anything give me a call.” “I love you.” “Love you, too.”

Destiny got some lunch for Andrew and herself. After lunch she cleaned up and sat on the couch. “Mommy, are you feeling alright?” “Yes, just a little tired. I think it’s time for you to take a nap.” “Okay.” Andrew ran upstairs and went to his room. Destiny followed him up the stairs and read Andrew a story. After she left his room she went to check on Nathan. He was still sleeping. She went downstairs and laid on the couch. A few minutes later the doorbell rang. Destiny got up and went to the door. “Who is it?” “It’s Tina.” Destiny opened the door. “Hi, how are you doing?” “I’ve been better.” Destiny said. “What’s wrong?” “Just tired. How’s James doing?” Tina was feeding him. “Good. Just getting up once during the night.” Just then Nathan started crying. “I’ll be right back.”

Destiny went upstairs and got Nathan and started to feed him. “How has Nathan been doing?” “Good. Everything is going smoothly. Andrew seems to be doing good too.” “What’s wrong?” Destiny looked up. “Nothing. Why?” “You just look down. You sure?” “Yeah, you try carrying two babies and taking care of a newborn and tell me how you feel and look.” “Destiny, I’m just worried about you.” “Will everyone stop. I can’t stand this anymore. Patrick won’t let me out of the house, he’s constantly hovering over me, and now you.” Tina put James in the playpen and took Nathan. “Okay, something is wrong. When you are ready please come to Patrick or me.” “I will. Thank you, Tina. I’m sorry for getting upset.” “It’s alright. I know how stressful it can be. I can’t imagine what you are going through.”

Around 3am Patrick walked through the door. He walked upstairs and checked on Andrew and went to the bedroom. He looked in the bassinet and noticed Nathan wasn’t there. He looked over at the bed. Destiny was asleep with Nathan in her arms. Patrick got a big smile on his face and grabbed the camera that was sitting on the dresser. He took a few pictures. “What are you doing?” “Taking a picture of you and our son.” “I had a hard time getting him to sleep. Do you want to put him in the bassinet?” “Sure.” Patrick carefully put Nathan in the bassinet. He then took off his clothes and climbed into bed.

“So, how have things been today?” Patrick asked. “Fine. Tina stopped by for a little bit. James is getting so big already.” Patrick took Destiny in his arms. “How was your day?” “Okay. Probably just have one more day in the studio and the album will be ready to be released.” “That’s good. As much as I love talking to you, I need to sleep.” Patrick laughed. “Alright. Go to sleep.” He kissed her nose.

A few days later Destiny was in the bedroom getting dressed when Patrick came in with Nathan. “Dest, I can’t get him to calm down. What the hell happened to your arm?” She looked down and quickly put on a shirt. “Nothing.” “Bullshit. Tell me what happened.” “Give me Nathan.” “No, tell me. Now!” “Patrick,” Destiny looked into his eyes and seen the concern. She sat on the bed and Patrick put Nathan in the bassinet. “Well, what happened?” “When we went to the park the other day, I seen Josh.” “What the fuck? And you didn’t tell me.” “I’m sorry. I just wanted to deal with this on my own. I know it was stupid.” “What did he say?” “He wants me back. I told him I was going to file for divorce, but he won’t sign anything.” “What did he do to your arm?” “I was leaving and he grabbed me. I don’t think,” “Don’t even say he didn’t mean it. That man means everything he does. He did it when you got pregnant. He knew exactly what he was doing. He took advantage of you. I’m calling the police.” “No, don’t. He really didn’t do anything.” “Oh my god. Will you look and listen to yourself. He didn’t do anything! Look at your arm. You know what, do what the hell you want. I’m done trying to convince you to get help. I’ve tried now for six months, but if anything happens to our children he will pay. I love you and want the best for you, but you obvious can’t see that.”

Patrick walked out of the bedroom and grabbed his hoodie and left the house. Nathan started to fuss. “Hey baby boy. You can’t be hungry already.” He looked up at her. “Come here. Mommy needs some loves.” She picked him up and went downstairs and got a bottle ready and started to feed him. The phone rang. “Hello?” “Destiny, it’s Josh.” “What do you want?” “I thought some things over. I realize you never loved me. I’m sorry for everything. I just want to let you know that I’m seeing a lawyer in a few days and going to file for divorce. Since we have nothing it will be a quick divorce. Will that be alright?” “Um, I don’t know what to say. Of course it will. Thank you, Josh. It means a lot to me.” “I know. I want you and Andrew to be happy. You deserve that for all the shit I did. Again, I’m sorry. I’ll be in touch if I need you to sign papers or whatever.” “Thank you.” She hung up the phone and had a smile on her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story