Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Sharpest Lives

The Worst kind of Fear

by crystalcrash 3 reviews

I'll put up the next chapter... as soon as I get some reviews! Evil, i know xD Only a few chapters left, hang in there! :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2007-11-30 - Updated: 2007-11-30 - 2041 words - Complete

0Unrated


...and through it all, how could you cry for me? 'Cuz I don't feel bad about it. So shut your eyes, kiss me goodbye, and sleep... the hardest part are the awful things that I've seen...





We were all thrilled to see Dr. Drake come walking down the hallway.



"He's gonna be okay, right, doctor?" asked Bob, before he was even near us.



The doctor smiled, and having arrived to where we were confirmed what the nurse had said. "Yes, he'll be just fine. The operation was a success; we explored the bullet track and cleaned the wound to prevent infection. Your friend was lucky; the bullet passed through the folds of the bowel without injuring it or any other organs. We'll have to keep him here for about two weeks under observation, to make sure everything cures the way it's supposed to, and start him on some antibiotics."



"Can we go in with him?" I asked, not wanting to wait anymore to be able to see him. I had to see for myself that he'd be alright.



"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to wait until morning. He most likely won't wake until then, and he's still in a quite delicate state." Seeing the look on my face, he put a hand on my shoulder and added, "Go home, get some rest, and the come back in the morning. If you don't want to leave, at least sleep here a few hours. I'll be back in the morning to check on him."



I nodded and thanked him, disappointment filling my face. With one last smile, he turned and left.



We all decided it was best to take the doctors advice and try and get at least a few hours sleep, so we accommodated ourselves as best as we could on the chairs outside of Frankie's room, and fell asleep almost instantly. Knowing that Frank was okay allowed us to sleep easily and soundly for a few needed hours.



We woke up at the sound of a door being opened and then swinging shut at the end of the hall the next morning.



Rubbing my eyes and yawning, I jumped out of the chair and stretched; my whole body was aching from the position I was sleeping in. From the looks on the faces of the other as they got up, I could tell they were having the same problem.



I looked down the hallway and saw Dr. Drake approaching. I smiled, happy to see him.



"Alright then. Let's go in and take a look at your friend. He might be sleeping still, so try not to wake him."



We all nodded eagerly, and followed the doctor as he opened the door to Frank's room and entered, going over to the machines.



The room consisted of a bed, where Frank was still sleeping, machines, a sofa under two big windows, some chairs, and aTV that was attached to an upper corner of the room.



I went over to the right side of the bed, and sat on the edge. He looked so peaceful lying there, with his hands at his sides and his face turned slightly towards the right side of the bed where Iwas. I brushed away the bangs from his face carefully and planted a kiss on his forehead.



The doctor began checking the information on the machines. "Everything is in order. A nurse will be along every once in awhile to make sure everything continues that way. All that is left to do is wait for him to wake up, which should be any minute now, as I said. I'll leave you with him; I'm sure he'll appreciate waking up to familiar faces."



We thanked him again, and he left, closing the door behind him.



I grabbed one of the chairs and pulled it over to the bed so I could sit next to Frank and wait for him to wake up. Itook one of his hands in my own, and squeezed it, not receiving any response.



After about 10 minutes, I felt his fingers move slightly in my hand. I stared at his hand in disbelief, waiting for another reaction to make sure I hadn't imagined the first movements.



His fingers bended a bit again, making me jump up from the chair I had been sitting in, alarming the other guys. I stood above the bed, looking at the still closed eyes.



"Frank?" I called, hopefully. The guys stood up and waited for something to happen.



A huge grin spread across my face as Frank's eyelids fluttered a few times, and then opened. Our eyes locked as I squeezed his hand tighter. "Frank..." I breathed out. The guys took that as a signal and rushed over to the bed, surrounding Frank in an instant.



As the room filled with shouts of joy, we continued to stare into each others eyes. Frank smiled up at me, and then finally tore his eyes away from me to smile at the others.



"You really had us scared for awhile there, man!" Cried out Bob, punching him playfully on the arm.



"Yeah, yeah, I mean you were all pale and covered in blood! It was a pretty freaky thing to see," Ray told him happily.



I stood there looking at Frank, not hearing what the others were saying, and just concentrating on his face. A tidal wave of relief had been let loose inside of me, letting me feel free.



Frank looked up at me worriedly, remembering the terrible scene as he was taken away in the ambulance. "Are you okay, Gee, did anything hit you?"



I couldn't believe he was worried about me when he was the one in the hospital bed. "Yeah, I'm fine, nothing got me... thanks to you," I told him, offering a half smile.



Seeing the love in my eyes as I looked down at Frankie, holding his hand, Bob joked, "Oh no, cornball time!" and turned around, to fake hiding. I glanced up at him, trying to hide a smile.



"Hey, why don't we go get Frank some water?" suggested Mikey, deciding it was a good idea to give Frank and I a few minutes to talk.



"It takes three of us to get a cup of water?" Ray whined, but finally understood after seeing the look on Mikey's face and receiving a smack on the back of the head from Bob.



When they left the room and closed the door behind them, I turned back to Frank, who was still smiling at me.



"How are you? I mean, how do you feel? Do you have any pains or anything...?" I asked him in a low voice.



He shook his head and said, "I'm /fine/. Really. Just tired and worn out. Everything turned out okay, right?"



"The doctor said you'll be out of here in two weeks. They're gonna put you on some antibiotics and keep an eye on you, but he said you will heal fine..." I looked away from him, the events still too fresh in my mind.



"...then why are you so sad?"



I glanced back at him; his smile had faded into a worried frown. "I... I know you're alright and you'll heal, and everything will be back to normal... but I can't help feeling like its all my fault. I was the one that was supposed to be shot. And here you are in-"



"Don't," he interrupted, not wanting to hear it, "it's not your fault. None of it is. You didn't shoot me. Some crazy chick did. Nobody could have known this would happen."



I looked down, a bit ashamed, but looked back up again as I noticed the change in is tone of voice. "Besides," he said playfully, "I like the fact that I saved your life; now you owe me. /Big/time! I'll have to think about what I want you to do for me in return..." he finished, grinning.



I smile crept over my lips; Frank always knew how to make me feel better.



"Yeah, you think about that. But in the mean time, I'll start my payment with this..." I leaned over and kissed him with all the desire I had pent up in me. I felt a huge weight life off my shoulders as Frank held my face with one hand and I bit his lower lip, playing with his piercing. I felt relieved to be able to kiss him again; for some time I thought the quick peck in the ambulance would be our last.



I wanted to hug and kiss him and never let go... and then we heard a loud cough coming from the door.



"Umm, we're coming in now... so stop doing whatever you two are doing..." Ray teased as he walked in covering his eyes, and then taking a peak between his fingers, asked, "Is it safe to come in? Rated for all ages?"



"Shut the fuck up and come in already,"Frank groaned while trying to hide a smile.



I sat on Frank's bed, and smiled at the guys happily.



We spent the rest of the day keeping Frankie company. We watched TV, played and joked around while he joined in from his bed. Everyone was in a good mood but something was obviously troubling Frank. He had a distant look in his eyes sometimes that gave him away.



At one point I sat next to him on the bed and whispered, "What's wrong, babe?"



Mikey had gone to call his girlfriend, while Ray and Bob were out getting dinner for everyone.



Frank shook his head, offering me a fake smile, trying to hide his worry but not achieving it.



I gave him a knowing look, making him remember he couldn't hide anything from me.



He shrugged and sighed. "I was just thinking... I mean, I know what happened was a one-in-a-million type of thing... that it was all because of some psycho fan and that not everyone is like that... but what if people don't accept us?" I looked at him, a frown growing on my face as I understood what his worry was. He continued, "What if there are more people like that girl, Gee? People that would rather see one of us dead than together? I mean... I don't know if I'll ever feel safe onstage again..."



My eyes widened slightly as he breathed out that last sentence. "Frank, what're you saying... that you don't want to do anymore concerts or what?"



He quickly shook his head. "Of course not... I never want our band to break apart or quit touring. All I'm saying is that it makes me nervous to think that we don't know what could happen. Someone else could show up with a gun and shoot anyone and actually kill that person. It's fucking scary, Gee... it's freaky to think what some so called fans are capable of..."



"That girl was a mistake. Nobody should've been able to get into that place with any kind of weapon. And I wouldn't call someone that shoots band members a /fan/. She's crazy and needs mental help. The other fans aren't like that, Frankie; you've seen them at all of our concerts. Some even thank us for saving their /lives/."



Rubbing his eyes and nodding impatiently, Frank said, "I know, I know. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. It all just makes me feel so helpless and unprotected. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable in concerts again..."



I studied his face, and saw just how affected he was. I understood him completely, of course, I, too, was also in aweird state of shock. But I hadn't thought about the group or concerts since the terrible incident had taken place. Would I ever feel the way I always did in concerts again?











...you left my heart an open wound, and I love you for this day, someday we kept falling down. One day, this day all we had to keep us safe. And if we never sleep again, it would never end. Well I thought I heard you say to me, 'we'll go so far, far as we can go,' and I just can't stay, one day we'll run away...









Sign up to rate and review this story