Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > 2 birds with one stone [chapter1]

2 birds with one stone [chapter1]

by TangerineSky 2 reviews

Jamie's looking for commitment but is Patrick ready for all of this?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-01 - Updated: 2007-12-02 - 1705 words

0Unrated
'What is your problem?'

'What's my problem!!??! My problem is your stupid ass thinking I need you to make it!'

'Huh, well is that right? How would you make it with a kid and no job!?!'

'I know people and I have a family that I can turn to unlike you!'

'Well then get to turning then bitch!'

'Fuck you! And don't you dare dream of coming after Saydie! She is MY child now.'

Jamie packed up what little bit of things her and Saydie had and turned to face Luke once more. She thrust her right hand forward whilst holding Saydie's hand the in other. 'Give me the keys to my car.'

'No.'

'It's mine! We aren't married and MY name is on the title. Give them to me or I'll call the cops.'

Seeing that she was right and that he had no other choice he reluctantly handed the keys to her. 'My lawyers will be in touch.'

'You have no case and you know it. Your name isn't on the birth certificate and we aren't married.'

'I don't mean for her. I mean my car.'

'It's my car.' Jamie grabbed her suitcase and rolling luggage and made her way out to her red Honda. It isn't even a very good car. It's over 10 years old and needs a new axle. It's surprising that it's made it this far.

What kind of father really puts his girlfriend and child in jeopardy with a car that is ready to break down any day? Not a very good one if you ask me. At least I am rid of his ass. I'm so glad he didn't show up at Saydie's birth or I would have to fight him for custody.

After a Visit to her mother's house, Jamie decided that her first day as a single mother needed to be spent at the local bar. She made her way to The Lion's Den, the most comfortable bar in Chicago, to get some much needed time away.

After about 20 minutes of sitting at the bar, Jamie was just about ready to take her leave when she noticed a younger man in a trucker hat looking at her from opposite corner of the bar. She smiled at the man and turned around to face what was left of her 2nd Rum and Coke.

Maybe tonight wasn't such a bad idea….

She turned to get a better look at the young man but to her surprise, he was nowhere to be found. She sighed to herself. 'Bartender?'

'Yes Ma'am?'

'I'll have one more.'

'And I'll pay for it.'

Startled, Jamie turned to find herself directly face to face with the young man she had spotted earlier. 'Hi.' He extended his pale hand in her direction. 'My name is Patrick.'

Taking his hand, Jamie nearly choked on her own words as she was caught off guard by his stunning blue eyes. 'Hhhh Hi. I'm Jamie.'

Wow. Does he really think I don't know who he is? Seriously. I bet he didn't notice the bartskull hanging from my neck…..

Instinctively, Jamie reached for her necklace but was shocked to feel that it wasn't there. Then she remembered. She whispered under her breath. 'fuck.'

'What?' Patrick inquired as the Bartender slid her drink in front of her.

'I forgot my necklace at my ex's house. Now I'll never see it again. FUCK! I haven't taken that damn thing off since I was 17!'

'Then what made you take it off in the first place?'

A little taken back at his question, she quickly tried to come up with a response that didn't involve the truth. 'It stabbed me in the chest while I was sleeping.'

Patrick just looked at her like that was the lamest excuse he had ever heard. 'I know your lying.'

'Well you don't want to know, honestly.'

'Honestly, yes I do. It must be pretty juicy if you lied about it.'

Jamie sipped her drink and winced at the fact that there was WAY more Rum than Coke in it. 'Well….' She hesitated. 'My ex and I were having sex and I was on top and the chain was too long and it fell into his mouth and he bit it and that pissed me off so I took it off and finished but then forgot to put it back on.' Jamie breathed a deep breath because she hadn't realized she had said that all in one breath until she felt the pain in her chest from lack of oxygen right around 'forgot to put it back on.'

Patrick just looked at her and didn't know whether to smile or laugh so he just did both. 'See, was that so bad?'

'Yes, I almost died from lack of oxygen.'

'Hahaha!' Patrick straightened his hat that said 'Today I'm Irish, Tomorrow I'll Be Hung Over!' and he cocked his head to the side. 'Uh, would you like to go out sometime?'

Jamie hadn't thought about actually dating someone. What about Saydie? What would she think about Mommy's new friend? Better yet, what would Mommy's new friend think about Saydie?

After a long pause, Patrick cuts in. 'Um, I guess I can take that as a no then. Sorry to have wasted your time.' He took out a $5 bill and placed it on the bar and began to walk away.

Jamie wrestled with her inner demons. 'Wait.' Patrick stopped and turned to face her again. 'I um….' She looked at the floor. 'I don't want to start things off on the wrong foot.'

'What do you mean?'

'Well, I'm going to be honest. I'm part of a package deal.'

'Huh?'

Jamie pulled a wallet from her purse and unfolded it. 'This is the better half of the deal.' She extended the wallet forward, into Patrick's line of view.

'Is this your daughter?'

'Yes. I understand completely if your not ready for something like that but I'm looking for actual commitment and I don't want to be the type of Mommy that is remembered for having too many "friends".'

Patrick smiled at the photo as he took it from Jamie's hand and took a seat next to her. 'What's her name?'

'Saydie Michelle Johnson. She'll be 3 next week.'

'She's beautiful. She looks just like you but tan.'

'Her father is half Asian.'

'Oh.'

Jamie smiled at him as he stared at the picture.

I never pegged Patrick to be the family type….

'So you don't have a problem with her?' Jamie asked, taking a bigger gulp of her drink then she intended to. She nearly gagged on the Rum.

'Not at all! I think it's nice that you put your daughter first. Thank you for being honest.'

'Well I wouldn't want someone to lie to me about whether they have kids or not.'

'True.' Patrick couldn't believe how adorable her daughter was.

I could totally see her calling me Daddy….

He snapped out of his thought. 'So when is her birthday?'

'Tuesday.'

'Do you have anything planned?'

'No, not really. Her father and I just split up today so anything I may have had planned is out the window.' Jamie couldn't help but smile at Patrick as she thought about how many nights he had sung her to sleep.

Patrick finally handed the picture back to her. 'How about you let me take you both out for her birthday? I think it would be fun to get to know her.'

'That sounds great.' Jamie smiled at him.

'Well, I have to get going. I have some things to do tomorrow.' Patrick stood up and adjusted his hat again and looked at Jamie expectantly.

As if she read his mind, she pulled a pen and a little index card out of her purse and scribbled some digits onto it, then handed it to Patrick. He took the card and stuffed it into his pocket. 'See you on Tuesday, right?'

'Right. Be sure to call me, ok?' Jamie smiled at him.

'Ok.' Patrick turned and headed out of the bar the back way to a cramped bus that had been waiting there for him. He walked onto the bus and was greeted by Hemmingway licking his pants. ’I'm back guys!'

A thin man in black skinny jeans and a red hoodie appeared from the back of the bus. 'Where the hell have you been Trick? You took FOREVER!'

'Sorry, I met this girl.'

'Well you need to be rested! Tomorrow is the last day of the tour and we don't want it to be shitty just cause you met a girl.' He said.

'Calm down, Pete. It's not like I ran off and got married or something.' Patrick giggled at the thought.

I did kinda run off and have a kid though….

'Man, let's go. I'm ready to get home and sleep in my bed tonight! I'm so glad we picked Chicago as our last stop!'

Patrick took the index card out of his pocket and looked at the pink glittered numbers written delicately in the most feminine handwriting he had ever seen. 'Me too….' Patrick trailed off, lost in his own thoughts.

I think I might be more excited about meeting Saydie then going on a date with one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. I wonder if anyone ever knew how much I want a child? No way. They could never guess it. I haven't even had a girlfriend for such a long time and how in the hell can you have a child if your not even looking for a girlfriend. I guess I lucked out. I killed 2 birds with one stone. BOOM! Insta-Family! I can't wait….

Still looking at the card, he got the odd urge to smell it. It smelled like cupcakes!

'Wow...'
Sign up to rate and review this story