Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > 2 birds with one stone [chapter1]

Yes I said Barney. What of it? [chapter2]

by TangerineSky 0 reviews

Is Patrick really sure he can go through with this?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-01 - Updated: 2007-12-02 - 1385 words

0Unrated
It was Sunday night and Patrick still hadn't called.

Was he just being polite? I bet that was it. He just didn't want to seem like an ass and blow me off after looking into my baby's eyes. What did I really expect though? He IS Patrick Stump. What would the media say when they found out that he was dating a woman with a quarter Asian daughter? I could see it now…. "IS PATRICK PLAYING DADDY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL WHORE?" God, what was I thinking getting my hopes up like that? He would never want to take on a woman that has had a child and her child on top of that!

Jamie drifted off to sleep while rocking Saydie in her arms. He last thought was 'I wonder what he is doing right now….'

Meanwhile, at Patrick's house.

'I really like her but I'm scared to call.' Patrick fumbles with the pumpkin squares his mom brought as a welcome home present.

'Why honey? If you like her and she likes you then what are you waiting for?' His mother prodded.

'She has a 3 year old daughter…..'

'So? Do you have a problem with that?' She retorted.

'No it's just…. I don't want to get too attached and then have to go back on tour. It wouldn't be fair to her or Saydie.' Patrick finally admitted as he took a bite of his long missed pumpkin squares.

'Yes, I understand where your coming from. BUT, how are you ever going to be able to have a family of your own if you aren't willing to fit it into work?'

'See, that's just it. I never wanted my family to just fit into my work schedule. I want my family to be top priority.'

'Then I think you have your answer.'

'What's that?'

'If you really want them to be a part of your family then you have to make them the top priority. Don't just let this opportunity slip away from you. Who knows? Maybe she would want to go on tour with you!'

'Yeah, I never thought about that.' He said, chewing the slice of heaven. 'I'll call her first thing in the morning.'

Monday morning came faster then Patrick expected. He pulled the index card out of his pocket like he had every 4 hours or so since he received the scented gift from Jamie only this time he knew exactly what to do with it. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed that number he had memorized and snickered as he thought about why he needed to pull it out in the first place.

Don't lie to yourself. You knew the number, you just wanted to look at it again.

After about 5 rings, a squeaky voice answered. 'Hi.'

'Hello?'

'Who's dis?'

'My name is Patrick. I'm looking for your Mommy.' Patrick replied.

'Oh okey. Mommeee! It's someone called Patwick!' He listened as she ran throughout the house screaming at the top of her lungs. 'Mommeeeeeee!!!!!'

'I'm coming honey, I'm not even dressed yet!'

Patrick giggled to himself as he thought about Jamie in her panties and a t-shirt, running after Saydie.

'Mommy's comin'. Wuh you're doing?' The little girl questioned.

'I'm just talking to you. That's all.' Patrick answered.

'Ok. Here's my Mom.'

'Ok.'

'Hello, Patrick?' Jamie sounded like she didn't quiet get enough rest the night before.

'Yeah, it's me. Sorry I didn't call before. I was caught up with work.'

'It's ok. I had my hands full on this end anyway.'

Patrick fumbled with the cord attached to his laptop in front of him, pondering the next move.

'Hello?'

'Oh, I'm here. I was just distracted. Sorry. Uh, so what time do you want me to pick you guys up tomorrow?' He finally spit out.

'How about 6?'

'That sounds perfect.'

After about 2 minutes of directions, Patrick was on his own for words again. 'So, uh, I'll see you at 6?'

'Ok then. We'll be ready!'

'Can't wait!

Patrick made his way to Pete's house for an early lunch with him and his girlfriend, Brianna. She was friends with Pete's little sister ages ago so we all knew her quiet well. He knocked on Pete's door once before letting himself into the all too familiar apartment.

'Pete!' He called through the house. Again, Hemmy was the first one to greet him. This time he dropped a rubber steak at Patrick's feet. 'For me?' Hemmy barked. 'Awe, shucks. I didn't bring you anything! You shouldn't have!' upon realizing that Patrick, in fact, hadn't brought him anything, Hemmingway picked up his rubber steak and trotted off. 'Fuck you too then! Indian giver!'

Pete came walking into the hallway with Brianna attached to him by the hand. 'Hey man! You about ready to eat?'

'Yeah, I haven't had anything other then pumpkin squares for the past day and a half.'

After a lengthy lunch and a relaxing dip in Pete's pool, Pete called Bianna over to him. 'So uh, we have been dating for about 2 and a half years and I miss you like crazy when I'm gone.' He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a little black box. Bianna giggled with anticipation, knowing what was coming next. As if it were completely rehearsed, he bent down onto one knee and opened the box. 'Will you marry me?'

She squealed. 'YES!!!!!'

Just what I need. MORE thoughts of marriage….

Tuesday, 4:30p.m.

SHIT! Where the fuck did I write those directions????

'Oh yeah! DUH!' Patrick pulled out the faithful index card from it's comfortable home in his jacket pocket right by his heart and flipped it over.

'Come on honey! Patrick's here to get us!' Jamie yelled to Saydie.

Jamie's Mom walked up behind her. 'Jamie, are you sure this isn't too soon for you and her both? I mean, it hasn't even been a week and your already going on a date and your taking her too?'

'Mother, she is my child and it's my life. Some moral support would be nice.'

'Ok.'

After waiting around the corner for 20 minutes Patrick decided he could show up 10 minutes early. Big mistake. He just ended up waiting outside for the 10 minutes. He forgot that wrangling a child took every available minute.

Finally Jamie and Saydie emerged from the front of the small, homey house. Jamie headed straight for her car and grabbed the car seat. Patrick climbed out and placed the seat as Jamie taught Saydie how to look both ways for cars and always hold a hand.

20 minutes later they pulled up in front of Galaxy Golf and Games Family Fun Center.

Patrick parked the car and opened the door to the back seat. 'Hey Saydie?' Patrick said in a sing-a-song voice.

'Huh?'

'Are you ready to climb through some awesome tubes and go down some really fun slides?'

'YES!'

'Ok. Then we get to have pizza and cake and ice cream!' He teased her again.

When she was finally too excited to take it he took one finger and pressed the big red button to release her from the contraption that was keeping her from her desired destination.

She lept out from the car seat and right into Patrick's arms. He didn't even hesitate to take her to his side and carry her in.

Wow. I'm really impressed. He is taking this whole this seriously. This is too perfect.

'I'm glad I didn't dress up too much.' Jamie says, looking down at her black tank-top and blue jeans. 'I kinda figured you would be smart enough not to take a 3 year old to a fancy restaurant.'

Patrick smiled at her comment and turned his attention to opening the door with one hand to allow Jamie to enter before following suit.

Patrick made his way to the front desk. 'Yes, I have reservations under Barney.' The receptionist just looked at him and after seeing that he was completely serious, she scanned the list and found the name.
Sign up to rate and review this story