Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Lapse

by 12shawab 0 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-02 - Updated: 2007-12-03 - 528 words - Complete

0Unrated
Itachi woke up before Brook, but he just stayed in bed, watching Brook sleep off last night. He got up to close the blinds so the sun wouldn't wake Brook up.

He shook her gently. She opened her eyes and smiled at him. "Hmm?"

"Do you want to eat?" He asked, sitting down next to her.

She shook her head. "I'm going to sleep a little more."

"Okay. I'm going to go eat. I'll see you in a bit, hon." He kissed her forehead as she drifted back to sleep.

He walked downstairs in just balck sweatpants, stretching as he went. He yawned as he grabbed a bowl and cereal.

"Long night?" Konan asked as he poured his milk.

"Brook cried last night. I can't sleep when she does." He yawned again as he handed Sasori the milk.

"I see. Why isn't she eating? She's going to be hungry later."

"She's still sleeping. I know she will." He said through a mouthful of cereal.

"Oh...Kay." Konan said.

Brook came down a hour later, Itachi walked over to her, worried at her appearance.

"Are you okay?" Itachi asked.

"Yeah, I hit my head on your retarded door."

Konan laughed at her, along with everyone else in the room.

"Shut up. I tripped on Itachi's shoe!" She said, Itachi pulling her into his arms and kissing the top of her head, laughing. "You too!" She said, looking up at him.

He smiled at him, then gave her an innocent look. "What?"

She hit him in the chest. Hard. He stumbled back and rubbed his chest.

"Ow." He said, his innocent face in full swing.

She laughed and turned to her Father. "Can I take my sick days now? Like, seven of them?"

"Sure."

~~~Two weeks later*

Brook took more sick days after actually becoming sick. She threw up often and stayed in bed and as far away from all food as possible.

"Brook. You need to eat something." Itachi said as she sat on the bathroom floor, refusing to move from the cold tile. It was nice on her overheated skin.

She shook her head. "Not until this is over with."

"Brook, it's been four days since you've eaten something. Please." He pleaded.

"Crackers."

"Okay, I'll be right back." Konan walked in as Itachi walked out.

She crouched down next to Brook. "I think this might be more than just being sick, hun."

"What do you mean?" Brook asked, picking her head up.

"I think you might be pregnant."

"What?"

"I read Itachi's mind. It was the only thing he could think about."

Brook stared at her with wide eyes. "I'd need a test to be sure."

Konan held out a box with a very hated pregnancy test. Brook took it. A minute later, Brook and Konan sat on Konan's bed, waiting for the results. Brook was shaking.

Two minutes later, Brook held the test in front of them. A blue stripe. Brook stared in disbelief.

"Oh my God." She looked at Konan, whose face matched her's. "I'm pregnant."

~~*~~
Gasp
She's pregnant? It just can't be! Or can it? Find out later, guys. Only If I get a reveiw.
Sign up to rate and review this story