Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Chapter 25

by Meg2005 4 reviews

The end of this part of the story.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-08 - Updated: 2007-12-09 - 1422 words - Complete

0Unrated
I've been trying to think of a way to skip some time in this story then it occurred to me that the story is called A user's guide to pregnancy And it hit me. Cooper isn't pregnant anymore, so enjoy the last installment of this chapter in the story.

Hours passed and Evelyn was still fussy and still upset. Cooper had spent the day with her in her arms, wrapped up in a blanket; swaddling her while Jon watched baseball.

‘Jon will you hold her? I really need to pee.’ Cooper asked walking down into the living room.

‘Take her with you; I don’t want to upset her.’

‘Jon.’ Cooper whined as tears welled up in her eyes, ‘I’ve been holding her since two thirty this afternoon. I have a head ache, I’m hungry, my arms hurt.’

‘Are you crying?’ he asked standing up, ‘Since when do you cry?’

‘Just take her before I go insane.’ Cooper said handing the baby over to Jon before walking up the stairs. Cooper sat on the bed for over an hour crying to herself before Jon walked in with out Evelyn around one that morning.

‘Baby are you okay?’

‘I’m fine.’

‘I’m sure you are. You’re crying. You never cry.’

‘Maybe I’m really not cut out to be a mother. I can’t even handle my own baby crying like this.’

‘You are an amazing mother baby. You have been for the past six weeks. Just because you are frustrated because she’s been crying all day doesn’t mean you’re a bad mother. A bad mother is someone who wouldn’t spend their day holding their beautiful baby girl all day while she cried, a bad mother wouldn’t spend all of her time holding and cuddling that baby, a bad mother wouldn’t run extensive background checks on anyone that had contact with her baby. You’re a good mother, you’re an amazing mother, and you’re a beautiful mother. Evelyn loves you so much. The way that she looks at you is the way a child looks at her mother.’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t know why I’m being so emotional lately, I don’t know why I’m being like this. I’m so tired, and I’m so overwhelmed, I don’t know how to deal with this.’

‘It’s okay baby, I don’t think I’ve been helping the process much.’ Jon whispered kissing the top of her head.

‘What are you talking about? You have Evie every day while I’m at work.’

‘Yeah but half that time she is asleep and I’m watching baseball or sleeping too, I don’t help with any house work, and lately I’ve been kind of lazy.’

‘I haven’t noticed. I think you’re doing a great job.’

‘Well starting tomorrow I’m going to do an even better job.’ He smiled kissing her gently



‘So it looks like intolerance to a certain protein in that formula.’ Dr. Whites said as he held Evelyn’s labs three days later.

‘Alright that means?’ Cooper asked while Jon held their sleeping baby.

’Are you ready to wean her yet?’

‘It’s just so hard to nurse her while I work and we can’t both stay home.’

‘Well here is an approach we can take. We can try a different way of weaning. We’re going to try her on formula during the day. We’re going to start with one six ounce bottle of formula a day and the rest can be pumped breast milk. We’re going to do this for the next month and see where she stands at her next check up. One formula bottle a day that way we can slowly wean her and make sure that she doesn’t have any other allergies and by then she may be ready to wean on her own.’

‘Alright that sounds good. Can we bottle feed her during the day all the time or do I have to nurse her.’

‘It might be wise to nurse her once during the day just to make sure that she still has an interest in nursing but other than that she should be sleeping for at least six or seven hours during the night and you should be able to bottle feed her during the day.’

‘Okay.’

‘Other than that her labs look great, right where they should be. She’s a little on the small side but there is nothing you can do about that. She’s looking great.’ He smiled.

‘Thank you Dr. Whites.’ Cooper smiled as Jon strapped her back into her seat.

Cooper sat in the front seat of the car with Jon, a chance from the back where she normally sat. She looked a little upset when Jon got in, ‘What’s the matter babe?’

‘I hate breast feeding.’

‘Why?’

‘My boobs are a wreck. They are cracked, they hurt, when she eats it hurts. They hurt.’

‘Do you want me to massage them for you?’ Jon asked as a smirk played on his face.

Cooper looked over at him and gave him a look, ‘I’m just trying to help. You know that if I could I would breast feed her for you so that you weren’t in pain. But fortunately God didn’t bless me with milk. Sorry honey.’

‘It’s okay I suppose, you’re the only one that has to deal with my cracked, saggy boobs for the rest of your life.’ She smiled, ‘Welcome to parent hood sweetie.’

‘Maybe we should wean her sooner.’ Jon said as Cooper chuckled.

‘Do you hear that baby, daddy doesn’t want to feed you anymore because he likes mommy’s boobies and you’re wrecking them.’

‘Don’t listen to her sweet pea she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.’ Jon laughed as they pulled into their garage.

‘I’m going to take a bath, I really need one.’ Cooper said after nursing Evelyn and soothing her to sleep.

‘Can I hold her?’

‘Jon, I don’t understand why you ask. She’s your daughter too. You helped make her.’ She chuckled while handing Evelyn over to her husband. Cooper walked up the stairs with Jon shortly behind her.

Cooper sat in the bath tub with candling lit and the lights off. She would have liked to have Jon with her but it was quiet and peaceful. Jon would probably soon join her after he was done starring at their beautiful baby but for now, she was fine with her alone time.

‘Evie, you are so beautiful.’ Jon whispered as he cradled his baby in his arms wrapped up in a pink blanket. Jon looked down at her as she slept her perfect face, perfect amount of hair on top of her head, her perfect ears and nose and lips. She was perfect, ‘I love you Evelyn, I love you so much. I’m always going to be here for you, no matter what you need or what you’re in trouble for, I’m here. I don’t ever want you to be afraid to come and talk to me.’ He whispered kissing the top of her head gently.

‘I’m tired.’ Chelsea whined as she crawled into bed after her bath while Jon lay next to her.

‘I know, I didn’t know a thing so small could scream so much.’ Jon mumbled as he and Cooper lay exhausted next to each other.

‘Do you think she’ll sleep through the night?’ Cooper asked.

‘I hope so. I don’t know if I can take more screaming like she was doing.’

Cooper rolled over and laid her head and half her body on top of Jon as she let out a deep breath while he shut off the lights, ‘I really want to have sex.’ Cooper whispered, ‘But I’m so tired I don’t even have the energy to move.’

‘We’ll have sex later this week, right now its sleep.’ Cooper said almost falling asleep before she had gotten comfortable. Cooper fell asleep dreaming of what the next seven months would bring to her
life. A little drama, a few scares, and a lot of growing took place in the Walker house as the small, perfect family continued to grow into what they had become in the next part of the story…

Fatherhood for Dummies.
Sign up to rate and review this story