Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting Out

Gerard

by hilai27 3 reviews

Lily meets Gerard. enough said. lol

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2007-12-10 - 797 words

1Original
Speechless, I stared at the man who had walked into my room.
"Lily," Frankie said, "this is Gerard. He's a very good friend of mine."
I tried to speak, but couldn't quite form words. I was attempting to figure out where I had seen him before. I glaced back and forth between Frankie and Gerard. And then it hit me; Gerard was in a band with Frankie.
I finally mustered a shy "hello" and Gerard did the same.
Then he pulled up a chair and sat down beside my bed.
"How are you feeling? Frankie told me what happened and I'd love to help out if I can," he said with a gentle smile.
I could have melted.
"But we don't even know each other."
"Well, I know you're Frank's cousin and he tells me you're a good girl. That's enough for me. If nothing else, we can get to know each other over the next few days."
I glanced timidly at Frank and he gave me a reassuring nood.
"I suppose that would be alright," I finally said.
I just couldn't believe that Frankie would convince one of his friends to take me in. It was like putting me up for adoption or something. I was nervous about the whole ordeal. It wasn't that I didn't trust Gerard, I just didn't know how to act around him. I didn't know him at all and I could already tell I was in the beginnings of a crush, and what would I do if he brought some other girl home? I didn't want to feel like I was in the way. Needless to say, with all of this running through my head, I had inadvertently zoned out.
"Lily?," I heard Frankie say, "Are you alright?"
It took a moment for it to register that he was speaking.
"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine."
"You just scared me. You got quiet and were kinda staring off into space."
"I was just...thinking I guess."
"What about?"
"Nothing really. I'm just afraid I'd be intruding."
At that, Gerard spoke up.
"Lily, I volunteered after Frank told me what happened. If I didn't want to help you out and take you in, I wouldn't have offered. There's no need to feel like you're imposing on my life. I need company anyway."
I looked at Frankie and he reached up to ruffle my short black hair before speaking.
"See, there's nothing to be afraid of little cuz."
I smiled and then looked at Gerard.
"So, Gerard," I began, "how old are you?"
He looked puzzled by the random question.
"What? You said we could get to know each other over the next few days, so I'm gathering minor details."
He flashed that sweet little grin again and my heart skipped a beat.
"I'm 24. And yourself?"
"19," I said, hanging my head because I felt like a dorky little schoolgirl again.
"My turn to ask a question," he responded.
"Your last name?"
I hesitated because I remembered going through school with people picking on me about it.
Finally I replied, "Navahti. And your's?"
"Way," and then he continued, "So where is that name from?"
"It's Finnish. My dad was the lovely immigrant type."
"Ah. I see."
We sat there and stared at each other for a moment, though I truly couldn't figure out why he would spend so much time looking at my battered and bruised form.
Finally he glanced at Frankie who had remained silent through our question and answer session.
"Well, Frank, I guess I should be going. I promised Mom that I'd go to lunch with her. By the way, it was really nice meeting you Lily. I'll be back up here tomorrow."
"You too Gerard."
And with that, he walked out.
Frankie looked at me with a wicked grin.
"You like him don't you?," he taunted.
"Maybe just a little. He's cute and sweet and I don't know. It's probably not a good idea, so let's just forget it."
"He's a great guy, Lily. And the way he was looking at you gave me the impression that he kinda had a thing for you too."
"Don't be ridiculous. I look like hell right now," I laughed.
"Well, I'm quite certain he can see through the black and blue exterior," Frankie said while ducking as I attempted to smack him.
"Ya know what Frankie?"
"What's that little cuz?"
"Sometimes I hate you," I said with a grin.
"Yeah, but you know you love me," he smirked before patting me on the head.
"Now, little cuz, how about you try and get some rest?"
And with that, I closed my eyes, hoping to dream of the gorgeous guy who invaded my room.


There's chapter three. Hope you liked it! Lemme know what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story