Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 2

by berryterry 0 reviews

Joe recognizes a familiar face in the audience during a concert.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 466 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Fast-forward to 2007. Fall Out Boy is a headliner at the Honda Civic Tour. They are playing in their hometown of Chicago, Illinois. Still-unlucky-in-love Joe, along with the rest of the guys, Patrick, Pete, and Andy, gets on stage. The crowd goes wild as Fall Out Boy jumps into their first number. Joe is rocking out, performing his "tromania" as usual, when suddenly he spots a strikingly familiar face in the front row of the audience swaying along to the music. He quickly shrugged it off and carried on. But then it dawned on him who that person is. Joe vividly remembered that day in the playground when he was five. He remembered the little girl who all the boys were in love with. That girl in the audience is Elaine! For 30 seconds, which seemed like an eternity, Joe lost his concentration. He could only focus on the girl who rejected him on the monkey bars. She looks so beautiful, he thought in that short amount of time. He wondered if she even remembered him or his innocent request.

Despite his temporary distraction, the rest of the show went off with without a hitch. Joe and the rest of the guys went backstage. Joe, who is usually the talkative one of the bunch, was unusually quiet. Pete noticed this and inquired.

"Dude, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet?"
Joe was silent for about 10 seconds before he replied. "I think I'm in love," he finally answered.
Pete laughed, knowing that Joe hasn't even been on a date in years. "No really, what's wrong?"
"I'm serious... I mean I don't know... ok... so at the show, I saw this girl and I happen to know her from when I was in kindergarten and---"
Pete interrupted Joe laughed even harder this time. "So wait, you're falling in love with a girl you just saw tonight who you happened to know way back in kindergarten?"
"Yeah, I know it sounds silly but God, I don't know man, when I saw her tonight all these feelings stirred up inside me... and oh man is she beautiful and---"
"Ok so why are you still here? You should go after her dude!" You should totally ask her out!"
"I don't know Pete, I mean she probably doesn't even remember me and she probably left already. Plus, we should be getting to bed. We have that interview early tomorrow with the Chicago Tribune, remember?"
"That's true. Well I'm going to get changed. I'll see you on the bus."
"Ok Pete. See ya."

Joe thought about what Pete said and he couldn't sleep at all thinking about Elaine. He couldn't understand why he had such feelings for her. "Could she be the one?," he thought as he finally drifted off into a sound sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story