Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 8

by berryterry 0 reviews

Just when their relationship seemed perfect, sometime happens that changes everything.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 1157 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 8

Joe and Elaine woke up together for the second time. Joe understood Patrick’s advice but at the same time knew that in this case what they were doing was right. Joe would’ve never slept with a woman twice after only seeing her for such a short time. But Elaine was different. She was the one for him and he was the one for her. Joe knew it in his heart and so did Elaine. Little did he know what surprises lied ahead in their “perfect” relationship.

Two weeks later, as Joe along with the rest of his band mates were rehearsing to perform at the VMAs, he got a phone call. It was Elaine.

“Hello?” Joe answered
“Hi Joe. It’s Elaine,” she responded in quiet, controlled nervousness.
“What’s going on? I’m in the middle of rehearsal,” he said, concerned by her tone.
“I know I… I just couldn’t wait to tell you this…it’s been on my mind all day…”
“What is it?” he said anxiously.
“Ok… I…I… I’m pregnant!”
Joe felt himself become numb. He was speechless for about 30 seconds.
“You’re p-pregnant?” he finally managed to say.
“Yeah, I’m pregnant Joe.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes. I just got back from the doctor and--
“Elaine… ok… you’re pregnant. You’re pregnant! How… What… Oh God!”
“Joe calm down! I shouldn’t have told you this yet. You need to rehearse.”
“You’re right Elaine. I should calm down and we should talk about this later. We’ll figure this all out, I promise.”
“You promise?”
“Yes. I love you Elaine.”
“Oh Joe I love you too.”
“Bye”
“Bye”

Joe hit end on his cell phone with a blank stare on his face.

“Dude, what’s wrong? What’s going on?” Pete asked.
“Elaine’s pregnant,” Joe muttered under his breath.
“What?”
“Its my girlfriend she’s… she’s--
“She’s what?”
“Pregnant! Pete I don’t know what to do man. I mean I’m in love with her and everything but I’m not ready to be a dad yet!”
“Oh my god. Joe you need to talk to her.”
“I can’t now, we have to finish rehearsing.”
“You have to now! How are you going to be able to rehearse with all this on your mind?”
“But what about the band?”
“Don’t worry about it. This is way more important.”
“Ok… I’m going to call her now.”
“Good. You go do that. Good luck!”
“Thanks Pete! I owe you one!”

“Um where’s Joe going?” Patrick whispered in Pete’s ear.
“Um…no where. He just has to take care of some… um personal business.”
“Oh. Ok.”

Joe went backstage to call Elaine. He was so nervous that his hands shook as he dialed her number.

“Hello? Joe?” answered Elaine.
“Yeah hi Elaine.”
“Joe, what are you doing? I thought you were rehearsing.”
“I can’t. I just can’t stop thinking about… you know. I think we need to talk about this right now.”
“Oh… ok. I would love to too.”
“Great. So umm… do you want to keep it?”
“Actually I’m still thinking about that. As a matter of fact, that’s why I want to talk to you. After all, it’s your baby too. Do you think we should have this baby, Joe?”
“I don’t know yet. This is all happening so fast. We love each other and it shouldn’t be a problem… but with my crazy schedule I just don’t see how we would have time to raise a kid just yet.”
“I agree. But I kinda feel like maybe this was meant to happen. You know, just like we were meant to be together.”
“I think you’re right Elaine. You know what, I think we should have a this baby together.”
“Are you sure Joe?” I mean what about your band, touring and everything?”
“Don’t worry. We’ll figure out a plan. One thing you learn when you’re in a band is dealing with any challenge you may face. I think I…we just found our challenge, and it’s going to be a hectic one, but I know we’ll get through it.”
“Joe, I love you. Thanks for being there for me. You mean so much to me!” she said with tears of joy in her eyes.
“Elaine, you know you could always count on me.”
“You know what this means? We’re going to be…parents.”
“I know. It’s almost surreal isn’t it. I mean only a month a go I was out all night partying and drinking, carefree. But you made me want to care… and I love you for it. I honestly feel I’ve become a better person because of you.”
“That’s so sweet Joe. Oh man. I can’t believe I’m going to be a mom!”
“I’m sure you’ll make a great mom,” he assured her.
“And I’m sure you’ll make a great dad.”

When the conversation ended, Joe walked out of the room, overwhelmed with the thought of becoming a father. “I hope she’s right,” he thought.

Joe re-entered the stage where Fall Out Boy was rehearsing.

“I’m back guys. Sorry I took so long.”
“That’s ok,” said Patrick. “We just need to go over one more song anyway.”
“Good. Ok, tell me where I need to come in.”

After rehearsal, Pete pulled Joe aside.

“So did you talk to Elaine?”
“Yeah um… I’m going to be a dad!”
“Really? But I thought you said you’re not ready.”
“Well I still don’t I’m quite ready yet but we decided we’re going to plan things out so that we’re able to raise the kid. I really want to be there for Elaine and the baby as much as possible. I love her so much.”
“That’s great Joe. I’m just worried that you’re not going to have much time for our band. You do want to stay in the band, don’t you?”
“Of course I do. It’s just that family has become my number one priority, Pete. I love what I do and I love this band, but I’ll just have to make some new arrangements. Don’t worry about it Pete. I’m sure I’ll figure something out.”
“Ok Joe. Wow, I can’t believe this is happening. Little Joe’s going to be a daddy!”
“Yeah, Joe’s going to be a daddy alright.”
“Well congrats. Good luck with everything, ok?"

“Ok. Thanks again Pete.”
“No problem dude.”

Joe knew at this point that he needed to get the ball rolling and start figuring out a suitable plan. But first he needed to learn how to be a dad, let alone a good one.
Sign up to rate and review this story