Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 9

by berryterry 0 reviews

At the VMA party, Elaine is faced with a difficult decision.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 1417 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9

Two days later, Fall Out Boy show arrive on the red carpet at the Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall. They are among many A-list celebrities and music stars, along with reporters from MTV as well as several television and radio stations.

“FALL OUT BOY!” calls out one reporter, as the band comes over for one of many interviews before the big show.

“Hey I’m standing here with the guys from Fall Out Boy. They’re nominated for two awards tonight: Video of the Year and Best Pop Video. They’re also going to be performing. So are you guys excited?”
“Yes we’re very excited,” Pete answered. It’s so awesome to be nominated again. We’re so grateful to have made it this far.”
“So can we be looking forward to any surprises on stage tonight?”
“Yeah,” Patrick responded. We don’t want to give too much away but it’s going to be huge. I think the fans will really enjoy it.”
“What songs are you guys going to be playing?”
“Um it’s going to be Thanks for the Memories and Me and You. The surprise is after that. We promise it’s going to be great.”
“Awesome. Well have fun tonight guys.”
“Thanks we will.”

After several interviews, Joe spotted Elaine from across the way. As soon as the they made eye contact, Elaine ran over to Joe who was with the rest of Fall Out Boy.

“Elaine you made it!”
“Hi Joe! Wow I’m so excited for you!”
“Thanks. You look amazing!”
“Thank you.”
Joe turns to the rest of the guys.
“Oh I forgot. This is Pete, Patrick, and you’ve already met Andy.”
“Hey Elaine,” they say in unison.
“Hey guys! I’m a huge fan. Good luck tonight!”
“Thanks,” said Pete. “It’s really nice to meet you. We’ve heard so much about you.”
“It’s really nice to meet you, too…excuse us for one second.”

Elaine pulled Joe aside.
“You didn’t tell them I’m pregnant, did you?”
“No… well just Pete. But that’s only because I needed advice. And he didn’t tell anyone else, I’m sure.”
“What advice did he give you?”
“He told me to talk to you, which I did.”
“And that was it?”
“Yes. Pete’s a very good friend.”
“Oh ok. Just try not to mention this to anyone else yet. I mean eventually they’ll figure it out but I’m just not ready for the whole world to know about it now.”
“You got my word Elaine.”
“Thanks baby.” Elaine kissed him briefly on the lips.

The two joined the rest of Fall Out Boy as they proceeded into the hall.

Later on in the show, Fall Out Boy performed. Their big surprise was that they had a medley of some of their old fan favorites as well as a few covers of famous bands and singers’ well known songs.

Fall Out Boy won for Best Pop Video, but unfortunately they didn’t win Video of the Year. Still, they were very happy about the outcome of the night.

They decide to attend a few after-parties, including their friend Kanye West’s at a nearby celebrity hotspot called Insomnia. Elaine, of course tagged along.

“Hey what’s up guys?” said an excited Kanye, who won Best Hip Hop Video earlier on.
“’Sup Kanye?” said Pete. “Congrats on winning!”
“Hey thanks! Yo. I got to congratulate you guys on winning Best Pop. You definitely deserved it!”
“Hey thanks man.”
“And your performance was sick! I was like ‘man those guys killed it, for real!’ Great job, great job!”
“Are you kidding? Dude, you were awesome. The best performer of the night, honest!”
“Awww thanks man! So what else is new with you guys?”

Elaine, hand in hand with Joe smiled shyly in front of Kanye.

“So Kanye, this is my new girlfriend, Elaine,” said Joe.
“Hey, what’s up? Nice to meet you,” said Kanye as he warmly shook her hand.
“Hey Kanye, nice meeting you too. I loved your performance.”
“Thanks. So how long have you two been going out?”
“Oh not too long,” said Joe. “But she’s an awesome girl,” he said as he slightly turned to Elaine smiling.
“Cool cool. So uh, I’m going to get a drink. You guys want anything?”
“I’ll just have a Bud” said Joe.
“Ok, no problem. And what about you?“ he asked turning towards Elaine.
“Um I’ll just have water, thanks Kanye.”
“C’mon it’s a party! Don’t you want a nice martini or something?”
“No I can’t I’m… I mean just the water is fine.”
“Ok. You got it dear.”
“The rest of yous want anything to drink?”
Patrick, Pete and Andy looked at each other
“No we’re good for now,” said Patrick. “Thanks.”
“Ok then. I’ll be right back.”

After about five minutes, Kanye came back from the bar with drinks one hand and an attractive young woman in the other.

“Here you go,” he said handing Joe his beer and Elaine her water.
“Thanks Kanye.”
“No problem. Ok, I’m going to go hang out with this lovely young lady. Y’all have a great time. I’ll see you around. If you need anything just holla, alright?”
“Alright Kanye.”

After Kanye disappeared into the crowd, Elaine, Joe and the rest of Fall Out Boy walked out onto the balcony of the night club.

“So Elaine, thanks for coming out with us. You look great!” said Pete
“Thanks you. It feels awesome just be here. Plus I have to support my favorite band… and my boyfriend,” she said as she smiled at Joe.
“Aww. Joe’s an awesome guy. I think you two are great together.”
“Thanks Pete. So what else’s been up with you guys?”
“Nothing much. We’ll be going on tour again soon,” said Patrick
“Oh, that’s cool.”
“Yeah. We’re going all over Europe this time.”
“Europe?”

It just hit Elaine that with Joe’s upcoming schedule, they would have little time to discus their plans for the future with their baby on the way. Would I have to travel to Europe with them? Thought Elaine.

“Yeah. It’s going to be so awesome. We’re going to Paris, Rome, and a lot of other cities we’ve never been to before.”
“That sounds great,” Elaine said trying to hide her apprehensions.
“I’ll be right back, Patrick.”
“Ok”

Elaine glanced over at Joe, signaling him to come with her. They walked outside of the club.

“What’s wrong?” said Joe
“Joe, you didn’t tell me you were going to Europe soon.”
“I know. That’s because I’ve been waiting for the right moment.”
“And when would that be?”
“Right now I guess.”
“Joe, why didn’t you tell me sooner? We’re going to have a baby! How are we going to figure everything out if you’re going to be away in Europe?”
“Don’t worry Elaine, we’ll figure it out. Everything will be fine I promise.”
“When are you going?’
“Two weeks from now.”
“Ok. Well we’ll just have talk as much as possible for the next two weeks because after that I wont see you for what? 2 months? 3 months?”
“I guess so…unless…”
“Unless what?”
“Unless you come with me!”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes! I think it would be great for the both of us.”

At this point Elaine didn’t know what to do. If she went to Europe, she would get a lot more time to be with Joe and discuss their plans. On the other hand, she would miss out on all the things she needed to accomplish at home. She had work, friends and roommates among other things to tend to. Spending 2-3 months in Europe seems to make her life even more complicated than it already is. Then again, nothing could be more complicated than having to raise a child.

“I don’t know Joe. I mean, there’s just so much that I need to get done here.”
“Oh, yeah. I didn’t really think about that.”
“It’s ok. Listen, I’ll have to think this over some more.”
“Ok. I understand. I just want you to know that I’m trying my best.”
“I know you are, sweetie.”

With that, the couple returned to the balcony.
Sign up to rate and review this story