Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Things Will Work Out In Their Own Time

by checkered_stars 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-15 - Updated: 2007-12-15 - 893 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 52-

I hugged Gerard from behind and felt him place his arms on mine.

“What are you doing this weekend?” I whispered in Gerard’s ear.

“Nothing… Why?” Gerard answered.

“You wanna stay the weekend?” I asked with a smile on my face.

Gerard turned his head slightly and gave me a questioning look.

“Mum’s going away for the weekend. We’ll have the house to ourselves.” I smiled.

“Awesome.” Gerard smiled.

“But, Matt will be there.” I said.

“Doesn’t matter. You’re brother’s awesome. We could hang out together.” Gerard smiled.

“Good. Then it’s settled.” I smiled.

“Why is she going away?” Gerard asked, turning around so I was hugging his front.

“She just needs to get away I think. Relax a bit… Her and my aunty are going to some spa retreat thing a few hours from here.” I explained.

“So, we really will have the house to ourselves?” Gerard asked lowly, burying his head in my neck.

“Yeah, I’m guessing.” I shrugged.

“Excellent.” Gerard said evilly.

*

“Mum, I’ll be fine. I can take care of myself. I’m seventeen now.” I assured, sitting on Mum’s bed and watching her as she packed frantically.

“Yeah, but, it’s a whole weekend. And you’ll have Matt with you. You’ll have to take care of him as well.” Mum said with that motherly worried tone in her voice.

“It’s not that hard taking care of a thirteen year old.” I said dully.

“Just, make sure you take care of him.” Mum said.

“Of course I’ll take care of him. What am I going to do? Not feed him for a couple of days and lock him out so he has to sleep outside?” I said sarcastically.

“Ok. Fine. I’m taking a huge step and leaving you for a whole weekend by yourselves.” Mum sighed, kneeling in front of me.

“Yep. It’s definitely a first.” I shook my head.

“You call the shots Rachel. You decide when and where Matt goes somewhere. But just make sure he’s safe.” Mum said warned.

“I will Mum.” I smiled, wrapping my arms around her neck.

“You’re free Rachel. You can do whatever you want.” Mum smiled, picking up her bags and walking out of the room.

“But no parties!” Mum said loudly.

I laughed and got up off the bed and followed her out.

“Matt, Rachel’s in charge. What she says, goes.” Mum said, kissing his cheek.

“Bye Mum.” Matt smiled and hugged her.

I said another goodbye, telling her to have a good time and not to worry. She ran up to us and gave us another hug before saying she’ll call us as soon as they get there.

We waved a happy goodbye and turned to enter the house.

I smiled giddily as I walked back into the house.

“LET’S PARTAY!” I screamed, running through the house and turning my stereo on really loud, and dancing around happily.

*

“So what are we doing tonight?” Matt asked as we sat on the couch, watching TV and eating cold chicken.

“I don’t know. I think Gerard’s coming over later.” I shrugged.

“Is he staying the whole weekend?” Matt asked.

I looked over at him.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“Cool.” He smiled, pleased.

“I’m gonna miss living like this when we move.” Matt sighed suddenly.

“Living like what?” I asked.

“Living so close to the school, and having all our friends live near us… It’s gonna be hard when we move. Everything will be different.” Matt mumbled, looking down shyly.

“It’s never easy moving Matt. No matter how far away it is.” I said, putting an arm around his shoulder.

“Yeah, but we basically grew up in this house. Our childhood is in this house.” Matt said, looking up at me.

“You’ve grown up in this house. I was ten when we moved here. I’d basically already grown. You were six, you did most of the growing here.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, but still…” Matt trailed off.

“Some change is good Matt.” I said, pulling him to me and hugging him.

“But is this much change good?” Matt asked.

I looked at him for a second and got what he was saying.

“We’re not the only ones going through it.” I said softly.

“Doesn’t make it feel any better.” Matt muttered.

“We’ll get through this. I promise.” I whispered, resting my head on his.

“Things will work out in their own time.” I added softly.

It fell silent for a couple of minutes. Thinking about what was ahead of us.

“Did Dad talk to you?” Matt asked, raising his head lightly.

“Yeah.” I said gently.

“What did he say?” Matt questioned.

“He asked me to give him a second chance.” I replied.

Matt stayed silent, gazing at me.

“I said no.” I whispered, looking down at my hands.

“Not ready for it?” Matt said knowingly.

I nodded.

“Don’t worry.” Matt said caringly.

“Things will work out in their own time.” Matt whispered, draping his arm around my shoulder.

I smiled and leant my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes and sighing deeply…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a personal note to clusty_93:

I'll be expectings to be seeings your room now ;P
Sign up to rate and review this story