Categories > Original > Drama > cameras don't tell lies.

chapter fourteen.

by roxnick 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-20 - 564 words - Complete

0Unrated
"frankie, don't", i whispered as he clicked off his seatbelt and put his hand on the door's handle. i had chills running through me; looking at the figure, motionless. frankie honked for a few seconds, startling me.
"jesus!", i said, putting a hand over my heart. still, no sign was coming from the person. suddenly, the end of the package that this person was holding on to dropped. they moved, ran away, leaving the package behind. i looked at frankie wondering what had just happened. we stayed inside the car, planted in that spot for what seemed ages. frankie moved his body forward and rubbed his hand over the foggy windshield. he looked outside, omitting no sound whatsoever. he proceeded to open the door, and carefully walked out. i didn't take my eyes off of him. i rolled down my window, panting but trying not to panic. frankie neared the package and bent down beside it. he looked my way and motioned his arms away from his body. i guessed he meant it was big. i saw him lean in closer to it. a metallic flash hit my eyes, the reflection on the zipper hitting the street light. frankie slowly opened the package. i could hear the clicking noise as he ran it through. it hurt my eardrums like banging drums or gunshots. my breath was visible in front of me. i drew my eyes back to frankie through an automatic impulse. his face looked up. i dreaded his answer: a simple shout. a simple covering of the mouth. a simple look my way. a simple tear.
i forcefully opened the door and slammed it. my emotions were a mixture of fear and anger. i walked up to him, but he quickly stood and pushed me away lightly.
"no, no, no... no", he said in the softest moan. his raspy voice cracked.
"don't...", i said struggling.
he became more anxious, but i pushed him off and proceeded. he came after me: too late.
as i looked over the dull black package, taryn's still face was looking up at me with glossed over, dead eyes, her sickly purple lips slightly parted. i felt my throat knot-up in a painful process. my head was spinning out of direction. i hadn't hardly realized what had just happened, but i knew it upset me. by that time, through which only a few seconds had passed, frankie was already holding me by the shoulders and strongly pulling me back.
everything seemed to be going in slow motion; i turned around, pulling away from frankie's grip. i hit his chest with closed fists as he stared at me in awe and quietly groaned with every punch. i hit him repeatedly, crying and moaning at my mourn. i felt my body start to drop, gave out a horrible shout that echoed through the abandoned streets and empty buildings.
frankie took hold of me as i fell and pulled me to him. i grabbed his neck and glued my cheek to his chest. i was looking at her, my wet eyes fixed on those empty eyes that had once carried so much life. her life and what it had meant to me flashed before me. i choked.
this wasn't just a loss.
we stood there, into the night. a continuous moan slithered through the air. a freezing rain drop hit my hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story