Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Loving a Dog of the Military

Uncomfortable Discussions

by brynn_parker 5 reviews

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-01-21 - Updated: 2006-01-21 - 1805 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
By: Brynn Parker (who does not own Full Metal Alchemist. And that would be my disclaimer.)

Winry laughed softly, holding the note to her heart, then dressed, putting the note in her pocket. She was agitated that Ed hadn't said goodbye before leaving her, but she still got a thrill every time she thought of last night. He couldn't leave her now; he was a part of her forever.

She flung the door open and ran into Granny Pinako...by chance? 'How does she always know when to show up at the wrong time?' Winry thought, blushing.

"I do believe I saw Edward come out of that very same room this morning," Pinako said knowingly, "Why were you..."

Winry cut her off, "Hehe, let's talk about it later," she said, blushing, "I have some work to do..."

The old lady grabbed her arm. "He told me to tell you goodbye Winry," Pinako said kindly, releasing her arm, "We can talk about it later."

Winry nodded, then ran down the stairs and out to the workshop to experiment with some new automail parts. 'Make sure to find a few other things to talk about at lunch,' Winry thought to herself, 'New automail, Den, customers...'


"What's gotten into you brother?" Al asked. Ed was gazing out of the train window with a dreamy look in his eyes.

Ed turned towards the suit of armor. "Huh?"

"I said, what's gotten into you."

"You're too young to understand Al..." Ed said.

"What?! I'm 16!"

"And I'm older and it's none of your business..." Ed said, "Let's just say...well, it has something to do with Winry."

"Oh, Winry," the suit of armor nudged him with his elbow, and Ed knew that his little brother would be grinning if he was still in his own body, "So what about Winry...?" he continued to nudge Ed.

"I told you it's none of your business..." he said, slightly embarrassed. The train finally stopped and Ed got up abruptly, leaving Al behind him.

"Brother, wait!" Al said, jumping up and hurrying after Ed.


"So why is he so angry?" Mustang asked Al, smirking as Ed stormed out of the office.

"It has something to do with Winry," Al answered, nudging Mustang like he had nudged his brother earlier. The older alchemist grinned, and then quickly thought of something to say.

"Full Metal," he said loudly.

Ed turned around, "Yeah?" he asked, annoyed.

"What happened with Winry?"

Ed immediately turned tomato red and waved his arms, "NOTHING HAPPENED, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, OK?!?!"

Al blushed, "Brother..."

Ed continued, realizing that Mustang still didn't have any idea what was going on. "Uh...sorry..."

"Alright, sit down," Mustang said, putting up his hands. His expression quickly reverted to a very serious frown. "Al, you're dismissed."

"Hey, I'm not a soldier, you can't order me around!" the big suit of armor whined.

"This is...uh...not something someone your age should hear," Mustang ordered, searching for words. Although Alphonse was technically sixteen, he hadn't mentally or physically aged at all after his transmutation. "I'm sure Ed would be quite embarrassed if you heard this..."

Ed blushed angrily, sitting down, and Al quickly left the room.

"Edward, considering how defensive you're being, something very serious must have happened...and I've got a good idea what it is..."

"How would you know?"

Mustang smirked, standing and pacing over to the window, "Because I've been through that too."

"I couldn't help it," Ed blurted out, "Winry's just so beautiful, and she wasn't stopping me...Colonel...?"

It seemed like time had frozen still .

"I wasn't talking about that," Mustang finally said, regaining his composure, "But, if you did that...you know that she could be in danger from your enemies now, and if she...needs you to commit now..."

"I hadn't thought of that," Ed said, suddenly worried, "Are you sure my enemies could find her?"

"Only if word gets out, which I'm sure it won't if I know you," Mustang said, thinking about it, "That's why I don't get into serious relationships with anyone."

"Oh, I thought you were just a bastard," Ed said sourly as he started to think about it more. Winry could be in danger...

"And in regard to commitment..."

Ed cut him off. "Yeah, I know. Pinako already gave me a talk - Winry's grandmother."

"Oh," Mustang said, relieved, "Ouch...I guess you're dismissed then. Seems like you've had a long night."

Ed saw that he was smirking again and scowled, "You just had to add that, didn't you..."


Dinner was very uncomfortable again, this time with only Winry and Pinako at the table. "Winry, we need to talk..."

Winry quickly cut her off, shoving some more food onto her plate, "Granny, have some more food! Ya' know, those new automail parts..."

"Winry," Pinako said, glaring. Winry shut her mouth and laughed nervously. "Winry, you know there can be serious repercussions for what you and Edward did last night," Pinako said bluntly, then continued, making Winry blush even more, "I know it can be nice, but..."

"Granny, I don't want to hear about this!" Winry blurted out, "I know all the...all the...stuff, OK? I've heard it all before, and I don't want to hear about your 'nice' stories."

Pinako grinned, but her serious expression returned quickly, "You could be pregnant. How would you deal with that?"

Winry looked down, biting her lip. She hadn't really thought of what it would be like to raise a child without...if Ed died... "He promised me that he would come back, that he would be more careful..." she trailed off.

"It's still a dangerous job he's got," Pinako said quietly, "I know he cares about you very much, but I don't know if he'd put a future with you or a future for his brother first, if the occasion arose."

"That's a terrible thing to say," Winry looked up angrily, "He promised me."

"Will promises be enough if he has a chance to get his brother's body back?"

"Why can't you just let me trust him?" Winry asked, "I mean, we don't even know if I'm pregnant yet, right? And if I am, then he'd come back for me. I trust him."

"Of course you do," Pinako said, "Otherwise..."

"Exactly," Winry said, cutting her off before the old lady could embarrass her any more, "So...how did you know anyway?"

Pinako laughed and Winry wondered if she really wanted to know. "The noise you were making..."

"OK, quiet now," Winry stood, "I'm going to bed, and...I trust him Granny. He loves me, and he'll come back for me, even if I don't know how soon it'll be." She took her plate to the kitchen and then walked upstairs, brushing her hand against the couch.

"I love you too, Winry Rockbell."

She smiled. No matter what Granny said, Ed loved her, and would always come back for her, she knew.

She quickly grabbed her pajamas from her room, then snuck into the room that she and Ed had shared the previous night, sliding under the covers and turning off the lamp. 'I miss you already,' she thought, 'I wish you were here beside me.'

She abruptly turned on the light again and grabbed a piece of paper, stretching her left arm out over where Ed had slept next to her as she'd drifted off in his arms.

"Winry, I love you, I love you, I love you..."


"You've got a letter from your girl, Full Metal," Havoc said, smirking and trying to hold it out of his reach. Ed surprised him by reaching out and easily taking the letter. Even though Ed knew Havoc didn't know what had happened between he and Winry, he still blushed any time they mentioned anything about her.

"You better shut up or you might be a little better acquainted with my pistol pretty soon," Hawkeye said coolly. It seemed like she knew...it seemed like Mustang told her everything...

"Thanks," Ed muttered as he walked past her to his room.

When he got there he sat down and quickly ripped open the letter.

Ed,

I'm lying here in bed - your bed - right now, and I miss you so much. I wish you were here beside me right now, holding me in your arms just like last night. Your scent is still all over this room, and I keep on imagining that I can hear you walking on the wood floor; I used to have dreams like this, you know. Wow...that sounded extremely sappy, didn't it? This is just what you do to me.

So about this dream...I would get up a few hours before you and Al were supposed to visit, and walk to your room, and I would be imagining you were here when you would suddenly show up. As I'm writing this, I keep on looking over my shoulder and expecting to see you walk through the door, except that I think that after last night, things would turn out quite differently than in my old dreams. And that sounded perverted. What's wrong with me?!?!

I miss you. Come home soon.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Winry


Author's Note (!!IMPORTANT!!): You'd better review, please, because I'm pretty upset right now. So far I've had a total of 84 hits on Fanfiction.net and only 2 reviews. Come on!! You know that I automatically assume that you hated it if you don't review; so please, review!! I'll take anything, I just want to know what you think!!

But anyway, thanks to my very few reviewers, please continue to R&R, this fic isn't over yet!! Also, these will all be from different places where this is posted, so if you recognize a name, it might not even be the same person you know...

shipposfoxfire: Thanks so much for reviewing!! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you liked it! And the family thing...I need to see the rest of the show before I can write the fluffy sequel to this, OK? But I'll try to continue writing until I can see the whole series, so keep reading!

kikyoreborn9295: You were my first reviewer, so go you for making me feel so confident about the story!!

WindScar: Thank you so much!! I know, there's never any EdxWin fics out there. I wonder why...personally, I love the pairing and I think they would make such a cute couple. Really, that's what inspired me to write this; I could never find any EdxWin stuff out there.

Tails0072009: Thanks for the review. That boosted my confidence times 10 million. : )

InuYashaObsessed89: Well, it didn't turn out to just be an epilogue...or maybe it will be...I'm not sure yet. If I think of anything else, it'll be here.

--brynn--
Sign up to rate and review this story