Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fireworks And Fir Trees

Part One - Christmas Eve

by frankxgerard 2 reviews

Frank’s eyes followed the orange trails up into the sky until they popped, each as if a single camera flash had gone off in the sky.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2007-12-24 - Updated: 2007-12-24 - 1466 words - Complete

0Unrated

Part one – Christmas Eve

Frank could feel Gerard’s fingers close around his, rubbing his hand gently as it swings over the concrete below. Their other hands were tucked in their pockets, away from the cold air. Gerard came to a halt at the railing at the side of the river, pulling in Frank beside him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

“Fireworks’ll start in twenty minutes,” he said, squeezing Frank’s shoulder lightly. He looked out at the agitated water, the reflecting light bouncing from his eyes.

Seconds passed before Frank nodded, sighing, yawning almost.

“You hungry?” Gerard asked, looking down at the man. He always knew when Frank needed something, and he’d do just about anything to get it for him.

Frank nodded again. “Yeah… Just a little…” He grinned sheepishly and held onto Gerard’s arm as they started through the crowd toward the food center.

“Hey, are you guys getting food?”

They turned around, coming face to face with Mikey, Gerard’s 22-year-old younger brother. Three years younger to be exact.

“Oh, yeah. We’re just gonna get a pizza or something,” Gerard replied, running a hand through his hair. He glanced around, picking up a leg as a tiny toddler waddled underneath.

“I’ll come with, then.”




Frank giggled hoarsely, lying back on a dark blue blanket while Gerard fed him bits of pizza, pushing his face against Gerard’s when he kissed him.

“Ew, gross! Get a room!” Mikey yelled, covering his eyes.

“Michael, leave them alone and wait for the fireworks.”

Gerard and Frank both looked up at them, scoffing. They were a full five feet away from the rest of the family. “You’re just jealous ‘cause you don’t get any on a regular basis,” Frank said, jutting his chin out. Mikey sulked.

Minutes later the music had stopped and a single burst of color leapt into the sky. Gerard sat back, his head leaning on one of the fold out chairs and Frank on his chest.

“Fireworks…,” Frank muttered, linking their hands under the second blanket. It was getting colder.

Gerard watched Frank’s eyes follow the orange trails up into the sky until they popped, each as if a single camera flash had gone off in the sky, sparks exploding off the sides.

People cheered and awed, kids racing by on scooters and waving neon, glowing sticks and necklaces from where they sat on the steps and cement ledges.

Frank looked up at Gerard, wishing he could even begin to guess what was going through his mind. Gerard’s thoughts were a mystery to him, hardly ever voiced, and rarely understood by Frank.

Gerard noticed him staring and held him in tighter, kissing his cheek and whispering: “I love you…”

Frank smiled, reaching up to cup Gerard’s cheek beside his head. “You too.”

The show ended and Gerard dragged Frank off, leaving the others to clear up the stuff.

“Gee, shouldn’t we help?”

“Nah, they’ll be okay. Come on. Let’s get home before they do; I have an early present to give you,” he disagreed, tugging Frank toward the car.

“Oh god, I don’t even want to know…,” Frank muttered.

Gerard grinned.




“Fucking chocolate /body paint/?” Frank yelped, sitting barefoot on the carpet of the living room and gawking at the jar in his hand. He glanced at Gerard and grinned. “You have to… taste test it, you know? Just to make sure it works…”

Frank crawled over to Gerard, unscrewing the top and dipping a finger in, sitting astride his boyfriend’s lap. He sucked the chocolate into his mouth and kissed Gerard, pushing him down onto the carpet till he was lying back on his elbows.

He took Gerard face in his hands, tilting his head up to slip his tongue in between his lips. His fingers undid Gerard’s shirt, button by button until it was hanging loosely from his shoulders while Frank caressed the skin previously hidden by the fabric. Gerard moaned, the sound completely lost between them.

“Guys! Ugh, not until we’ve left, please?”

Gerard and Frank turned to the sound of Mikey’s voice. Frank grinned and hid Gerard’s gift under a pillow as Gerard’s parents followed Mikey into the house.

“Up to something, boys? Sorry. But, do you want to have dinner before you… erm, get to that?” Mr. Way asked, smiling apologetically.

Gerard sat up, buttoning his shirt quickly. “Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Sure, let’s.”

Throughout the meal, Gerard and Frank were distant, sneaking devious glances and holding hands under the table, obviously preoccupied.




“You are absolutely gorgeous and I don’t deserve you or anything you ever give me ever,” Gerard said, picking Frank up and swinging him in his arms in the middle of the dark street, “ and no one is as stunningly dazzling as you ‘cause I was completely and utterly in love with you since the first second I ever laid my eyes on you” Gerard kissed him forcefully. “and I don’t even deserve anyone half as amazing as you because you’re unquestionably mind-blowing in bed and, fuck, sometimes I’m even jealous, and whoa, you’re like seriously the most remarkable person in the whole entire world I’ve ever met.”

He squeezed Frank in a hug, crushing the air out of him.

“Are you high?” Frank asked.

Gerard rolled his eyes, scoffing. “Way to kill the mood, Frankie.”

Frank grinned and wrapped his arms around Gerard’s neck, legs held up by Gerard’s arms as he carried him down the road to the garland-wrapped lightpost at the corner. “You deserve me. That’s why you got me. If you didn’t, a perfect human being such as myself would have ended up in a completely different life with money and butlers and Thanksgiving feasts every night.”

“Is that what you’d prefer?”

“Hell no! Not even menservants in broom closets could fuck me as good as you can, babe.”

Gerard wrinkled his nose. “You are so obscene.” He shivered when Frank giggled and pushed his nose into his neck. “Ugh, cold.”




Frank’s fingers scraped over the tan carpet, his elbows and back getting rug burns from rubbing against the floor. Gerard stopped his prior ministrations and sat back to look at him. Frank’s sweaty chest was rising and falling heavily.

They were lying on the floor between the television and coffee table in the main room of their hotel suite. The taxi driver hadn’t been too pleased about Gerard’s insistency of claiming Frank’s mouth in the backseat during the whole drive back to the building.

“Relax, and I’ll touch you,” Gerard said, sitting back on Frank’s middle atop his hips, jeans scratchy against Frank’s naked skin.

Frank calmed his breathing and pulled Gerard back down so he was on all fours and hovering over him. Frank was quiet, mewling as Gerard sucked his neck, lapping at his skin and the sugary substance he’d spread on Frank’s throat. “Shh,” he shushed, kissing Frank’s lips gently, the sticky cream smearing between them.

Frank giggled, mouth inches away from Gerard. “You are such a fucking cocktease…”

Gerard shrugged, unbuckling his belt and unbuttoning his pants before lifting himself back over Frank, kissing him again. “You love it.”

Frank laughed throatily, nuzzling Gerard’s nose with his. Gerard nibbled Frank’s lower lip and wiped the chocolate from his face with one hand, the other still supporting him from falling over.

“I can’t believe you…,” he mumbled. “Can’t even believe that you’re /mine/.”

Gerard groaned, stretching his body above Frank. “Yes, but I am, and you should enjoy every minute of it.”

Frank glanced at the clock on the coffee table. “It’s almost eleven…,” he mumbled. “You’ve been trapped in those jeans for hours.”

“Yeah? And I’ve kept you from coming for hours as well. That, my friend, is a record.”

Frank, one hand behind his head, pulled at Gerard’s waistband through the ‘v’ made by the undone fastener and zipper. The ends of Gerard’s fake-leather belt were brushing against Frank’s stomach.

Gerard wriggled from the clothing and pressed his body to Frank’s, allowing their mouths access again. He took a long look at the begging, smooth-skinned, beauty beneath him, gasping at the sensation when Frank was stroking him moments later, tender flesh under cold lubricant.

The night went by and Frank, as cliché as it sounded at the time, thought the fireworks they made were fifty times better than the ones at the river, Gerard’s lips soft at his ear as he drifted to sleep.

“Merry Christmas, baby…”
Sign up to rate and review this story