Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fireworks And Fir Trees

Part Two - Christmas Day

by frankxgerard 4 reviews

“Happy? I guess so. ‘Sposed to be since it Christmas. Who’s not happy at Christmas?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-24 - Updated: 2007-12-27 - 1364 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part two – Christmas Day

Frank woke feeling refreshed. Not the kind of ‘I just woke up after taking a shower in rose water’ refreshed, but refreshed like he’d just ran four miles in the morning. Yeah, exhausted.

His limbs ached from sleeping on top of Gerard on the narrow sofa all night.

Gerard yawned underneath him and he rolled over, fingers sinking into the cushion.

“Good morning,” he whispered, kissing the older man briefly, pulling himself up awkwardly onto his elbows and squinting in the sun from the window. It had been cold the night before.

Gerard groaned and circled his arms around Frank’s waist, pulling him over sideways. Frank huffed and leaned on his hands as Gerard slipped back to sleep.

Frank stared out the window, wondering if the people in the surrounding apartments could see the hotel room, or more importantly, Frank in all his naked glory.



“So, what were you two up to? You skipped away pretty fast last night. Or do I want to know…?” Mikey asked.

They’d met him at the mall. He’d wanted to look at the local music store and how the prices compared to the place he worked.

“Making love on the living room floor till 12:01 Christmas Morning?” Frank tried.

“Ugh, no. No I didn’t need to know that,” Mikey confirmed. “But Mr. Tight-Ass Jeans over there might. Do you make him wear that, or what?” He was motioning to Gerard.

Frank laughed. “No, I just bought him the belt and shoes for Christmas.”

“Lame-o presents, man.” Mikey shook his head, and then looked at Gerard again. “Tight jeans and a fucking pink belt? That’s like so teenager.”

Frank nodded, scanning over his boyfriend. “He’s not far from it.”

Gerard glanced up toward them, then again. “What are you two staring at?”

Mikey chuckled, tucking his hands in his pockets. Gerard was actually kind of funny when he was confused. “Nothing. We’re just criticizing your interesting fashion sense and Frank’s horrible choice in gifts.”

Gerard shook his head, and then changed the subject. “We have to be back at my parent’s place at four tonight for dinner and stuff.”

Frank looked at his non-existent watch, and then scratched at his wrist absently. He stepped to Gerard’s side and held onto his arm. “San Francisco, Gee. Let’s do it.”

Mikey scoffed. “You actually want to go into the city? What kind of Christmas is that?”

“It’s what we did in New York every year. Walking in the city is nice.”




Gerard’s coat was heavy on Frank’s shoulders. “Another year gone by. We’re getting old.”

Gerard laughed, crinkling his nose. “Ha, you can’t say that till you're at least 25. You’re too pessimistic, you know?”

Frank shrugged, groaning as Gerard picked him up on his shoulders. “Jesus, you’re getting heavier.”

Frank thwacked him over the head. “Am not! I work out every day! You’re in the same room as me!”

He pouted while Gerard giggled. “Maybe you’re getting taller.” A second thwack. “I bet that’s what you asked Santa for. At least an inch or two.” A third. “All I want for Christmas is just two more feet, just two more feet, just two more feet,” he sang, bouncing carefully on his feet. Frank laughed despite himself.

Gerard’s arms kept firm around his legs. Frank was thankful Gerard didn’t have a bad temper, or he would’ve been face-first on the cement a long time before.




They spent the day walking around and looking in closed sop windows, passing Chinatown and the Golden Gate Bridge. Taxis and buses transported them.

The sky was grey, but Frank wasn’t focusing on that. The streets weren’t as crowded as they would be, but people were still everywhere. The shops were mostly closed, but they had no money left anyway.

Gerard found his way by the maps on bus stops to a park. The benches were wet, but he wiped them off with his coat and sat down over it. Frank pointed out that it was a hundred dollar jacket, but Gerard just shrugged, pulling Frank down on the seat with him.

“So are you happy?” Frank asked, looking at him. There were people walking by, and Gerard was watching them listlessly. He looked off.

Gerard smiled faintly. “Happy? I guess so. ‘Sposed to be since it Christmas. Who’s not happy at Christmas?”

Frank shrugged, looking out at the trees and then past them, to the parking lot. Birds pecked at the ground near their feet. Close, but not too close. He threw a woodchip at one, wondering if it would think it was food. “I just think you don’t look so good.”

The bird fluttered a few feet away. Gerard looked up at it, and then at Frank. “I just want us to get back home.”

Frank nodded.




“You know what you said last night about being in love with me since you first saw me?” Frank asked as they walked by around the span of trees. Gerard cringed. Frank continued: “You first saw me when I was sixteen, so wouldn’t that be pedophile?”

Gerard shoved him lightly. “You are so immature.” He grinned back at Frank after a moment. “But maybe it was. Maybe I was jerking of every night thinking of you… with no shirt on, sweating, and that fucking mp3 player up your ass. Jerking off thinking about something like last night.” He grinned again.

“Oh, jeez. And you said I was obscene?” Frank sighed, holding onto Gerard’s shoulder as the older man stopped walking to turn to him. Gerard leaned his head against Frank’s.

“Yeah, you are. I, unlike you, am just joking,” Gerard said, smiling.

Frank rolled his eyes. “Yeah right. But you were absolutely amazing last night, let me tell you. Mm, I can still feel you… inside me,” he whispered into Gerard’s ear.

“Hm, but you have no idea how fucking amazing your ass feels like. You’re so fucking tight, you know? Uhh, shit. Tight and hot and fucking uhg.” Gerard was grinning again.

Frank giggled and tackled him, jumping on Gerard’s chest. “You are too good for me,” he mumbled, leaning against Gerard. He kissed him and pulled himself up by Gerard’s neck, wrapping his legs around Gerard’s middle.

“Yeah? And your elbows are too pointy for me. Move.”

Frank scoffed and ribbed Gerard lightly. “Shut up.”

A group of Christmas carolers walked by and waved at the two. Gerard waved back, ignoring Frank. Frank shook his head, holding Gerard’s smirking face in his hands and kissing him deeper. “You are too much of an asshole for me!”

“That I am,” Gerard agreed. Frank smacked him playfully.

Gerard looked at his watch. It was almost three thirty. “Come on. Mama Way’s Christmas feast awaits us.”




“So when are you three flying out?” Mrs. Way asked after the dinner mess had been cleaned up.

“Just in an hour or two. Flight’s at nine tonight,” Frank replied, looking at the apple-shaped clock over the kitchen door. He rocked on his heels and Gerard stood behind him, tucking his fingers in Frank’s pockets, kissing the side of his neck.

“You’re going to be late, though, won’t you? Oh, Michael! That’s right! We have something for you to give Alicia when you get back!” Mrs. Way remembered, rushing off to her linen closet. Gerard rolled his eyes.

“Come on. I called a cab back to the hotel. Let’s get out of here,” he muttered, picking Frank up. “Don’t worry, Ma! We won’t be late. I can run, and Shorty here can ride on my back!”

Frank thwacked him for the fourth time that day, but Gerard carried him out the door by piggyback, onto the sidewalk. Gerard grinned as Mikey came out, a purple paper bag in his hand.

“Happy Christmas!” Gerard yelled to the open door, settling Frank in the taxi and scooting in next to him.

They were going home.
Sign up to rate and review this story