Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 31: Don't Say It's Over

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-27 - Updated: 2007-12-27 - 1863 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 31: Don’t Say It’s Over

Destiny fell asleep but would wake up with contractions. A nurse came in and checked Destiny’s vitals.

“Has my boyfriend shown up yet?”

Destiny asked the nurse.

“No, not yet. It’s getting pretty nasty out there. I’ll tell him where you are when he comes.”

“Thank you.”

After the nurse left Destiny called Tina.

“Tina, is Pete there?”

“Yeah, he just got home. Why?”

“I’m having the babies.”

“He was telling me. Are you alright?”

“Not really. Patrick isn’t here yet. I’m getting worried. What if something happened to him.”

“I’m sure nothing happened. Pete said the roads were really bad. Take it easy. Do you want me to come there?”

“No, I’ll be fine. Just scared. I’ll keep you up to date.”

“Okay. Take care.”

Destiny hung up the phone.

She laid back down and heard someone running down the hall. She looked up and seen Patrick.

“Baby, I am so sorry. The roads were so bad. I almost got into three accidents. How are you doing?”

“So much better now that you are here.”

Patrick sat on the bed and took Destiny into his arms.

“How are the babies?”

“They are doing good. Dr Stacey said that when I start to deliver that they are going to take me into a labor room and that there is going to be two teams for the babies. Their lungs may not be fully developed.”

Destiny started to cry.

“They are going to be fine.”

Patrick rubbed her stomach. The babies started to kick.

“See, they are really strong. You are their mommy and you are strong, so I know these babies are going to be strong.”

Destiny smiled at Patrick.

“You always know the right things to say to me.”

“I try. How are the contractions?”

“They are getting stronger. I think I’m going to get some drugs soon.”

She laughed.

“Do you want me to get a nurse?”

“Yeah, you better.”

Patrick went to get a nurse. A few minutes later Destiny got some drugs to make the contractions less painful.

“How are you feeling now?”

“Good. There’s not much pain. I think I’m going to try and rest.”

“Alright. I’m going to go to the waiting groom and make some phone calls. I’ll be back soon.”

Patrick kissed her.

A hour later Destiny woke up to see Patrick sleeping in a chair next to the bed. Dr Stacey came in.

“How are you doing, Destiny?”

“Pretty good. I was able to sleep for a little bit.”

Patrick woke up.

“Hello, Patrick. Are you ready to be a dad again?”

“Yeah, just wish it wasn’t this soon.”

“Things will go smoothly. Let’s check you, Destiny. I think you are ready to push.”

“Already.”

“Yeah. I’m going to have to transferred to the delivery room. Are you ready to do this?”

“I guess so. Still nervous.”

“Take a deep breath and Patrick will be right by your side the whole time.”

Destiny smiled.

Doctor Stacey left the room and soon Destiny was wheeled into a different room. There were two clear bassinets for the babies and by each one there were 3 nurses. Patrick stood next to her holding her hand.

“Patrick, are you alright? You look white as a ghost.”

“I was fine until we came here. I’ll be okay.”

“Alright Destiny, whenever you feel a contraction I want you to start pushing.”

After a hour of pushing one of the babies was just about to be born.

“I want you to push and when I say stop, you need to stop. I need to clean out the mouth and nose.”

“Alright.”

Destiny pushed.

“Stop.”

As soon as the doctor cleaned the baby’s nose and mouth there was a cry.

“You have a daughter.”

Destiny looked at Patrick.

“We have a little girl.”

She said. Patrick kissed her.

The baby was taken to one of the bassinets and cleaned off.

“Okay, this baby is ready to be born too. Same thing.”

Destiny gave one final push. When the doctor cleaned the mouth and nose there was no cry.

“Is everything alright?”

Patrick asked. No one answered him. The baby was taken to the other bassinet. Both Destiny and Patrick’s eyes were glued there. Finally after what seem like an eternity, a cry filled the room.

“You have another daughter.”

Dr Stacey said.

“Two girls.”

Patrick said. Destiny looked at him. He had tears in his eyes.

A nurse came over.

“The babies are going to the NICU to be checked over. Someone will come to your room and you both can come and see them.”

“Alright.”

After taking the babies to the NICU Destiny was wheeled back to her room. Patrick was already there.

“You look beautiful.”

He kissed her lightly on the lips.

“Thank you.”

A nurse came in.

“Here is a fresh nightgown and robe. When you are finished you can buzz me and I’ll take you to the NICU.”

After the nurse left Patrick helped Destiny out of bed and she went to the bathroom and changed.

“Are you ready to see the babies?”

“Yes, I hope they are doing good.”

“I’m sure they are. They looked really good.”

Patrick buzzed the nurse and she came to the room with a wheelchair. They went to the NICU. Destiny got out of the wheelchair.

“Are you here to see the two new babies?”

“Yes, we are.”

“Follow me.”

Patrick and Destiny followed the other nurse.

“Here is baby a. She is doing really good. Even breathing on her own. We are keeping her here just for precaution. Have you picked out a name for her?”

Destiny looked at Patrick.

“Yeah. Her name is Melissa Anne.”

“What a pretty name.”

They walked to another bassinet.

“Baby b is having a little hard time breathing on her own. She is getting some help with a ventilator. Other than that she is doing good. What is her name?”

“Leslie Fae.”

Patrick said.

“Why don’t you both sit over there and I’ll bring them to you.”

Destiny and Patrick sat in two rocking chairs. The nurse first brought Melissa and put her into Destiny’s arms. Then she brought Leslie for Patrick to hold.

“Are you going to breastfeed?”

“I’d like to.”

The nurse helped Destiny breastfeed. After Melissa was done she started with Leslie who had some trouble.

“You may have to pump your milk and feed her with a bottle for a bit. Some premature babies tend to have a little trouble breast feeding.”

“Alright.”

After two hours of visiting the babies Patrick took Destiny back to the room.

She got into the bed.

“I think they are going to be alright.”

She said.

“I told you. If you would only listen to me.”

Patrick smiled and kissed her.

“I love you.” “I love you so much, Patty.”

~Three Months Later~

Destiny went home two days after giving birth. It was hard going home without the babies, but Andrew and Nathan helped her not think about the babies alone at the hospital. Patrick and her visited the babies three times a day. A week after Destiny came home, Melissa left the hospital. And then two weeks later Leslie came home.


“Patrick, can you get a bottle for Nathan? He’s going to be hungry after Leslie eats.”

She was sitting on the couch breastfeeding Leslie.

“Sure.”

Patrick went to the kitchen and got a bottle ready. As he went to the living room the doorbell rang. Patrick opened the door.

“I have a overnight letter for Destiny Michaels.” “Okay. Thank you.”

Patrick walked to the living room.

“Here’s a letter. It just came.”

After Leslie finished Destiny put her in the bouncer. She opened the letter.

“Oh my god.”

“What is it?”

Patrick was feeding Nathan.

“The divorce papers. Everything is final. I’m free to marry you.”

She looked over at Patrick.

“Really?”

“Yes, it’s over.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I mean I feel a little sadness. But I’m glad it’s over.”

She looked at Patrick.

“When do you want to get married?"

He asked her.

“In a year. How does that sound. By then things should have settled down some. Plus, you are leaving soon.”

Destiny looked down.

“Hey, don’t you get sad. I won’t be able to leave if you are sad. You can do this.”

“I know. It’s not about taking care of the babies. I know I can do that. I’m going to miss you so much.”

“I know. I’m going to miss you all. I’m actually scared to go on tour.”

“Why?”

“Just leaving you and the babies. What if something happens?”

“Nothing is going to happen. We’ll call and keep in touch.”

“I know. I just worry about you and the children.”

“Almost too much. Let up a little. Enjoy yourself on tour.”

“I will. I promise.”

Patrick kissed Destiny.

~Four Days Later~

“Destiny, I’m ready to leave.”

Destiny was putting down Melissa and Leslie for a nap.

“Are you all packed?”

“Yeah, Pete will be here in a little bit.”

Patrick bent down and kissed Melissa and Leslie.

“I’m going to miss you two. You both take care of your mom and don’t grow too much.”

Destiny and Patrick walked to the living room.

“Da da.”

“Nate, buddy.”

Patrick picked him up.

“You be a good boy. Remember daddy loves you.”

Patrick kissed him and put him back in the playpen. Andrew ran to Patrick and wrapped his arms around his legs.

“Daddy, I don’t want you to leave.”

Patrick bent down.

“I know. I really don’t want to leave you, but we talked about this. You need to be a big boy for daddy. Can you do that?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll be back soon. You need to help mommy with the babies and you’ll start school soon.”

“Okay. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

There was a knock on the door. Patrick stood up.

“That’s Pete.”

Destiny and Patrick walked to the door.

“You’ll be fine and if you need any help call my mom or your mom. And Tina will help you.”

“I will. Oh Patty, I’m going to miss you.”

She wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. Pete knocked again.

“Damn that man.”

Patrick opened the door.

“What?”

“Sorry. Time to go.”

“I figured. I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Bye Pete.”

Destiny said.

“Bye. I’ll take care of him.”

“Thanks.”

Patrick closed the door.

“I’m going to miss you. Remember, that I love you.”

“I will. I love you too.”

Patrick kissed Destiny.

“I have to go.”

Patrick picked up his bag and gave Destiny one final kiss. Destiny watched Patrick get into the van and watched it go down the road. “Mommy, Nathan is crying.” Andrew said. Destiny closed the door and went to Nathan already missing Patrick.
Sign up to rate and review this story