Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 32: Joke Me Something Awful Just Like Kisses On The Necks Of Best Friends

by VikkiMole 1 review

‘Fine,’ He said sleepily, ‘But if I wake up naked, I’m keeping the rest of the ice-cream’

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-28 - Updated: 2007-12-28 - 1301 words

0Unrated
I didn’t tell Patrick when we got home. Hell, I didn’t tell anyone. I didn’t tell anyone about any of it. I just said that we managed to settle our difference and that she was going to leave us alone from now on. That much was true. She’d said that she didn’t want anything to do with us. I couldn’t stop staring at her tiny protruding stomach. She was just a month gone. The kid would be born in December. I worried, seriously worried that the baby was mine. I didn’t want her to have my baby. I bet she would love that. Having something to hold over me. Something to taunt me with. Court battles for joint custody. Child support. Jesus.

‘You okay?’ Patrick asked, looking up from my shoulder

‘Yeah...’ I lied, ‘I’m fine’

‘Movie’s finished’ Patrick pointed at my TV and smiled, ‘You missed, like, all of it’

‘Nuh uh’ I flicked his nose, ‘I’ve seen it like a million times’

‘Really?’ He raised his eyebrow to me, ‘What were we just watching?’

Okay, so I wasn’t paying attention. Excuse me for worrying about other things. Like Ash saying to me that it definitely wasn’t mine. This, of course, meant that my first, real long term girlfriend had cheated on me. Not only that, but she was having this other guy’s kid. I wasn’t jealous. Just a little pissed off, you know? The worst thing? You know what the guy’s name was? Yeah, like I have to tell you. Isn’t it obvious? This is also part of the reason I refuse to tell Patrick anything about it.

‘Ha!’ Patrick poked my chest, ‘Told you so’


‘Fine’ I sighed, ‘I wasn’t watching the movie...’

‘Why?’ He settled back into the groove above my armpit, ‘What’s on your mind?’

My ex girlfriend cheated on me with your ex boyfriend and now they’re having a baby together. Plus Ash is now addicted to my pills which may or may not be killing the kid. She’s also a born again alcoholic and on occasions takes illegal substances which is definitely going to kill her baby eventually. In the mean time, I’m unemployed which I still haven’t told you and rent is due soon. I have enough in the bank to last up about four months including water, gas and electricity bills. I might have to get a part-time job in McDonalds’ asking annoying teenagers, a lot of whom probably went to school with you, if they want fries with that. Failing on the job front will result in homelessness. I’m also worried about my ex college and his problems with the poor domestically abused nurse. Troubled? Yes. So, that’s what’s on my mind.

‘Nothing’ I answered, forcing a smile, ‘Yours?’

‘Ice-cream’ He nodded to himself

I laughed, clearly Patrick was more vacant than I’d first thought. I pointed towards my fridge where I knew I had at least two tubs of Ben and Jerry’s. Cookie Dough and Phish Food, I think. Ash always had them around. They cure periods apparently. That’s partly why I never ate them. Periods scare me. Guess I’m just male that way.

Patrick had found them, squealing with glee. Grabbing two spoons he brought the tub of Cookie Dough over to me. Throwing himself down next to me, leaning up on his knees facing me he passed me a spoon. I shook my head but he forced it into my hand regardless. Popping the lid open revealed that it was a full tub. He grinned like a little kid and took a big scoop.

‘Open’ He commanded, I refused, ‘Come on! Ice-cream rids you of troubles’

‘And periods’ I mumbled

‘What?’ He laughed, ‘Never mind... Open up!’

Reluctantly I opened my mouth slightly. He poked the spoon at my lips for me to open wider. I grunted but did as I was instructed. Tipping the spoon into my mouth he giggled as it dribbled down my chin. I have to admit, it was pretty damn good and it did make me feel a bit happier. Patrick nodded, satisfied with himself.

‘It is pretty damn good’ I laughed, mouth half full of gooey ice-cream

‘Mmmhmm’ Patrick agreed, spooning some into his own mouth

Launching forward I kissed him, trying to steal some of his ice-cream. He struggled but ended up falling back on the couch with me leaning over him, lips still connected. He opened his mouth to tell me to get off but I took this opportunity to my advantage and licked his bottom lip. He shuddered slightly as our tongues touched. I smiled, tasting the Cookie Dough in the roof of his mouth. I pulled back for air and licked my own lips.

‘You know,’ I grinned down at him, ‘I’m starting to like ice-cream’

‘Me too’ Patrick answered slightly airily, holding onto my thighs ‘Ice-cream is the best’

I snorted, helping him up in case my fat ass crushed him anymore. He blushed as we sat facing each other on the couch, tub between us. I smiled, loving how his cheeks glowed red every now and again. I rubbed my thumb over one of the crimson circles. He looked down at the tub, cheeks getting even warmer. I took my hand back.

‘Sorry,’ I could even feel myself reddening, ‘You’re just...’

I ended with a shrug and a curl of the side of my mouth. Patrick shook his head but beamed regardless. I sighed, knowing this was the best time to warn him about the living situation.

‘Well...’ I started, ‘There was something on my mind’

‘Go ahead,’ He said, dipping the spoon in the tub again

‘Well...’ I sighed, ‘I kinda lost my job’

‘Okay’ Patrick put the spoon in his mouth.

‘Okay?’ I repeated

‘Ymmf’ He tried swallowing the ice-cream and talking at the same time, ‘Ihm gohhna geert ah johb ahnywahy’

‘In English?’ I asked, eyebrow cocked

‘I...’ He coughed, choking on the huge mouthful he took, ‘I’m gonna get a job’

‘Really?’ I enquired, not really wanting him to get one, ‘You don’t have to. I’m going to get another job anyway’

‘Don’t worry’ He retorted, ‘I’ve got to get one anyway, to pay for equipment for our still anonymous band. We can’t live off of Andy and Joe’s mom’s money forever’

‘Oh’ I sighed, ‘Well, I could put some of my salary toward it... When I get a job, anyways... Oh, and I’m going to sell my car’

‘You sure?’ Patrick asked, ‘It is a nice car’

‘For a flashy bastard’ I shook my head, ‘No, so over it. Besides, it doesn’t have any type of music player in it... I want something a little more band friendly’

Patrick yawned, reminding me that it was getting late. I checked my watch. Eleven Fifteen. Maybe it would be best just to go to sleep.

‘Tired?’ I asked, he nodded

Grabbing the tub of ice-cream I returned the lid on it and threw it in the fridge. I put the two spoons in the sink. Returning to the couch and put my hand in Patrick’s and led him towards my room. He hesitated, looking at the door of his own room. I looked him in the eye.

‘I’m not going to try anything,’ I tried to reassure him, ‘Scout’s honor... I just... don’t like sleeping alone’

Patrick stopped protesting and just came along with me, hand in my back pocket.

‘Fine,’ He said sleepily, ‘But if I wake up naked, I’m keeping the rest of the ice-cream’
Sign up to rate and review this story